User Tag List

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. only purple and black were available. But yeah, I'm now getting a D900 for myself and a Woven 9 for my friend..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: got some more string...testing...stay tuned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got around to testing the micropower for a few days now. its fantastic.
    thanks mr dink!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle
    i got around to testing the micropower for a few days now. its fantastic.
    thanks mr dink!!
    Thanks, I really enjoy the string too. Caveat: Micro Power, like most other strings need to be broken in. The break in period is anywhere from 0-5 hours of play, depending on the string.

For instance, I did a 4-knot on my Cab 20 Tour SP at 26/28.5lbs. and for about the first 10 minutes, it hit terrible. I continued to play with it and after about another 10 minutes of hitting, wow, the string was broken in and played beautifully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I have tried it once. I believe it's 0.68mm. It's a good string but BS-963 is better.

This past week I had a chance to compare BS-963 to BG80, BG85 and MP. Though BS-963 is very responsive and repulsive, BG80, BG80 and MP are a more solid feeling string. Relatively speaking, BS-963 feels "hollow".

With that said, performance among these strings is comparable. But I prefer BG80, BG85 and MP because of the solid feel.
    I string with CF66 actually...it's indeed 0.68. I, personally, like it better than bs963, because of the more solid feel (definatly concur with the 'hollow' part).
    the bounce and feel I find good enough (and on-par with your beloved bg80)
    CF64 is the same string as cf66, but thinner and bouncier. breaks fast though...
    will see how CF70 is tonight...coudl do a mini-review..

mind if I post that here Dan? I don't think it deserves it's own thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT:
    sorry, can't edit my last post..
    I just had to add: I find CF66 on par with bg80. However, the grippign texture is a bit less, and it drops tension faster...But I can't be bothered with it ..so "On-par" should be "On-par for me"

sorry, just thought I'd highlight the deviating points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to check the tension of your racquet after it's been strung. I want to get my racquet restrung and to determine the tension I want to set it at I want to know how much tension I've lost on the strings(bg-85) currently strung on my racquet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    I string with CF66 actually...it's indeed 0.68. I, personally, like it better than bs963, because of the more solid feel (definatly concur with the 'hollow' part).
    the bounce and feel I find good enough (and on-par with your beloved bg80)
    CF64 is the same string as cf66, but thinner and bouncier. breaks fast though...
    will see how CF70 is tonight...coudl do a mini-review..

mind if I post that here Dan? I don't think it deserves it's own thread...
    Of course, your posts are always welcome. And thanks for the info on the other strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default okay here it goes: the 'great' sotx string string-review

Hi There,

I recently got to try out most of the Sotx strings, and I must say I’m very satisfied! The tested strings where Ti-65, BR68, BS-963, CF64, CF66 and CF70.

I’m personally not good at rating strings in terms of “power” or “control”, I’ll let Dan handle that :P, I’ll do my very best to describe how the strings feel/plays etc on 22x24.

TI-65
    Ti 65 is 0.65mm thin…very thin! And to be honest it plays very good, the “slipperiness” doesn’t bother me at all. Slices where still good…
    Compared to BG66 the performance overall is quite the same, although ti65 feels ‘stiffer’, the string bed seems harder at the same tension.
    also, compared to BG66 there’s slightly more ‘touch’, more feel…but that ‘s highly subjective..
    Durability is about the same as BG66

BS-693
    BS stands for Badminton-String, not Bull-Sh well, you know…
    It’s 0.68 thin and is according to the catalogue made with catgut in the string core, although the package says it’s nylon and silk…
    Whatever it is, it plays great! The performance is excellent, on-par with BG66 (but durability is better) it doesn’t really break fast, but it loses tension pretty fast…
    The feeling when you hit is weird though, unlike any other string I’ve tried. The string feels “soft” even at the same tension, not as crisp, though the bounce is magnificent. But if you like the feeling this strings is really 10/10 !

BR68
    BR68 is also 0.68mm thin (Sotx makes BS963, BR68 and CF66 in 0.68mm…) and is made out of Nylon.
    BR68 feels very slick, not just slipper, really slick. No texture what so ever! The string feels just as stiff as CF66 (roughly). Though I prefer the feel of CF66

CF64
    CF64 is 0.65 mm thin according to the package, though the catalogue says 0.66mm (typing error?) and is made out of PU-fibres.
    Well, to be expected, CF64 plays a little better than CF66. It’s more responsive and has more ‘control’. Though it doesn’t feel as stiff and ‘cracking’ as CF66. Durability isn’t that good, though adequate for a 0.65/0.66mm thin string..

CF66
    CF66 is 0.68mm thin and also made out of PU-fibres. Performance is good, basically everything I expect from a 0.68mm. The feel is stiffer than BS963, on par with bg80…Quite actually, I’m in love with this string, the feeling is good (solid, stiff) and durability is good, on par with bg80…my favorite

CF70
    CF70 is 0.70mm, and also made out of PU-fibres. It’s 0.70mm thick, like BG65…though the string is much stiffer. Performance is slightly less than CF66 (logically) but plays surprisingly alike, the feel is almost on par, but there’s less bounce to it…durability is yet to be tested.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info Jerry, I need to try CF66 and CF70.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak
    It's the first time I've had my racket strung with BG80, but I don't think I could've possibly mishit enough to crack the outer layer that much.

And yeah taneepak, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm a bit worried that it will break on me soon, as <10 sessions is not what I had in mind for a badminton string. I don't think it was caused by scooping up the shuttle though, as I only use the side of my racket (the head is too inconvienent for me)
    had the exact same experience myself, my stringer said its cos i'm using a lighter racket (4U at800de) that when i perform a swing with a decent force..
    the swing speed acceneration is a bit faster then expected and end up contacting the bird near the top zone of the sweet spot constandly.
    and that stress and pull down the upper part of the string so causes the string crack at the top 2 gorment facing the outside.. as BG80 is a thin string to begin with and i'm currently @ 25lb.
    not sure if u'r under the exact same situation as i am, but i can reproduce this problem consistantly with BG80 under my current setup within 3-4 sessions after a fresh string job.
    So upon the last snap, i switch to the NBG95 jsut to see if it is the string thickness thats the major contributing factor.. i'm @ my 3rd session with this string and so far i don't see the crack yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, happened to my BG-80 after a few sessions as well, then gave out in the following couple of days.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8643/dsc00261zb0.jpg

Third grommet from the left.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The string cracking is not a big deal for me. Most of the time, the string breaks elsewhere (for me).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is if your racket live to see that happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is the effect the result of P4K method or the string itself?

Thanks, I really enjoy the string too. Caveat: Micro Power, like most other strings need to be broken in. The break in period is anywhere from 0-5 hours of play, depending on the string.

For instance, I did a 4-knot on my Cab 20 Tour SP at 26/28.5lbs. and for about the first 10 minutes, it hit terrible. I continued to play with it and after about another 10 minutes of hitting, wow, the string was broken in and played beautifully.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Is the effect the result of P4K method or the string itself?
    Ummmmm, I don't know. Maybe, usually when I do the P2K it plays fine immediately. But I still think the P2K plays better than the P4K even when broken in. It's just more "complete" for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in regards to what people have been saying about the jacket or coating of the BG80 breaking apart, my friend has a racquet that i just noticed was doing this.
    on the top one or two grommets, one of the mains, the coating has been cut completely through revealing the microfillaments. the jacket is now proceeding to slide away from the frame and in towards the sweetspot. about a centimeter of microfillaments is now exposed, and the jacket is beginning to wrinkle up and bunch up at the intersections with the crosses. its kinda cool.

thats really strange. it seemed to play well right off the machine. i was using it about an hour after the last knot was tied. everything below 75% felt great, and anything more took a bit getting used to, but after about 20-30 minutes, everything was great. the best string i've ever tried this side of 0.68mm.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast