User Tag List

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried BG 80 but it feels really soft for me compared to BG 65 ti
    or does BG 80 need breaking in period?

65 ti was at 22*24 2 piece
    and 80 is at 24*24 1 piece.

maybie i need really stiff string... maybie BG 70 next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrishin
    tried BG 80 but it feels really soft for me compared to BG 65 ti
    or does BG 80 need breaking in period?

65 ti was at 22*24 2 piece
    and 80 is at 24*24 1 piece.

maybie i need really stiff string... maybie BG 70 next
    BG80 is a 'good-to-go' strign for me..but I'm experiencing the same thing...my cf70 (0.70mm) feels stiffer than the CF66(0.68mm)...
    those strings are identical, afaik, except the cf70 is 'more string'...
    I can't believe I'm actually getting more power from a 0.70string...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Master Jerry, it's only psycological.

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    BG80 is a 'good-to-go' strign for me..but I'm experiencing the same thing...my cf70 (0.70mm) feels stiffer than the CF66(0.68mm)...
    those strings are identical, afaik, except the cf70 is 'more string'...
    I can't believe I'm actually getting more power from a 0.70string...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strings do not need to be broken in. If you find that your new strings will only play well after a few days of "breaking in", you have probably strung them to a tension that is too high for your style of play. The so-called breaking-in period is really a loss of 10% or more tension, which increases the trampoline effect.
    Newly strung strings should play their best with the very first shot, its performance deteriorating overtime. After one week its performance is, or rather should be, noticeably less crispy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Newly strung strings should play their best with the very first shot, its performance deteriorating overtime. After one week its performance is, or rather should be, noticeably less crispy.
    In general, I agree with this but I think there are exceptions to this rule, where the string has a thick coating. Some strings, like the SOTX Ti65 has a coating that needs to be broken in. Example: I strung a racket at 27.25/30.0lbs. with said string and it needed about 10-30 minutes to play "right". I strung another same racket at 25/27.5lbs. and it needed the same 10-30 minutes to play "right". It was not about crispiness or repulsiveness, it was about feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's been 2 weeks since i got it strung though...
    Maybie because it was Lazfibre machine and it was probably constant pulled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    had the exact same experience myself, my stringer said its cos i'm using a lighter racket (4U at800de) that when i perform a swing with a decent force..
    the swing speed acceneration is a bit faster then expected and end up contacting the bird near the top zone of the sweet spot constandly.
    and that stress and pull down the upper part of the string so causes the string crack at the top 2 gorment facing the outside.. as BG80 is a thin string to begin with and i'm currently @ 25lb.
    not sure if u'r under the exact same situation as i am, but i can reproduce this problem consistantly with BG80 under my current setup within 3-4 sessions after a fresh string job.
    So upon the last snap, i switch to the NBG95 jsut to see if it is the string thickness thats the major contributing factor.. i'm @ my 3rd session with this string and so far i don't see the crack yet
    HARD HITTER!!! BG 80 at 25lbs ehh?? I'm wondering how long the string lasts you and how many hours you play each week!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hardly a hard hitter myself.. part of the reason i stick with bg80 at 25lb is cos
    i only play 4-8 hrs a week so it last long enough to a point that snapping doesn't bug me too badly. found myself rather addicted to the feeling that comes off BG80. Roughly a string snap between a month to 2.. if it happen any more often then using a thin string wouldn't be too financially ideal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123
    HARD HITTER!!! BG 80 at 25lbs ehh?? I'm wondering how long the string lasts you and how many hours you play each week!!!
    String durability depends on the style of play.

Assuming BG80 at 26.5/29.0lbs.:

If I just drop and clear: it'll last about 1.5-2 weeks

If I am playing all out smashing: 0-2 days

If combination dropping/clearing/smashing (my normal average): 4-7 days

This past year, I averaged a broken string every 6 days. So a bit more than one string a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO 25lbs is decent string tension, even my friend use bg-66 at 29lbs still not broken yet after 6 month (playing 3 hours a week)...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono
    IMO 25lbs is decent string tension, even my friend use bg-66 at 29lbs still not broken yet after 6 month (playing 3 hours a week)...
    In the tropics thin strings and high tensions go together, because they seem to "live longer". In Europe, Canada, and USA only the rich can use this tropics combination of thin strings and high tensions-to the joy of stringers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Your friend is lucky!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Wow! Your friend is lucky!
    yeahh.. maybe he's
    but recently i check his tension, already drop to 24-25lbs, still not broken yet.. i wonder why??? he smash so often and his his smash really powerfull like mmphh... meteor maybe..
    in past time mine bg-66 at 26lbs going record at 1 month max., nowadays 1-2weeks max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeahh.. maybe he's
    but recently i check his tension, already drop to 24-25lbs, still not broken yet.. i wonder why??? he smash so often and his his smash really powerfull like mmphh... meteor maybe..
    in past time mine bg-66 at 26lbs going record at 1 month max., nowadays 1-2weeks max.
    Matt told me 25lbs for me is not right for me.. =( but I really wanna try 25lbs on a bg 66 =P just once...to see if it's the right tension for me. Or maybe 24.50lbs. Hmmm sounds like he's like STEEL STRINGS lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt told me 25lbs for me is not right for me.. =( but I really wanna try 25lbs on a bg 66 =P just once...to see if it's the right tension for me. Or maybe 24.50lbs. Hmmm sounds like he's like STEEL STRINGS lol
    This is also considering that I was playing with you and observed your skill level in the process.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-18-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sifuyono, the story of your friend..

yeahh.. maybe he's
    ..makes me want to fess up also..hehe
    Actually in my case, ever since i started playing baddie again, abt 4+ yrs ago, i believe i HAVE NOT broken more than 3-4 strings. Yup, 4+ yrs, call it lucky or not, but i was surprised i didn't break more strings. I recall 1 of them broke when i clashed my racket with another racket(in the early days). And a couple of times it snapped near the bottom of the frame. I played with many different strings, from Yonex brand to Ashaway brand. Different thickness as well, even a couple of strings with coatings. As for the tension gauges, i believe i never tensioned lower than 23 lbs. My highest tension so far in these 4 yrs is 30 lbs.
    I remember in the initial yrs of playing again, i can usually play up til more than 6+ hrs. per week. Those hrs ran for abt 2 yrs or so and then after a while the playing hrs started to vary. During those playing times, i was doing smashes, drops, a bit of slice etc.
    I guess when sifuyono mentioned that his "friend smashed often and the smashes were really powerful yet it has survived for 6+ months", my guess is he smashed them without much slicing, if any.
    Re what taneepak mentioned abt "temperature in the tropics(Indonesia) suits thin & high tensioned strings", it could be somewhat true. I guess the humidity of a tropical nation like Indonesia allows thinner strings @ higher than avg tensions to "expand" and "survive" a bit against those brutal poundings.
    The most recent string that snapped actually happened this past yr. The stringer was none other than our NGP, DinkAlot But NO, it wasn't his fault, really!! I believe i used one of the Gosen string i bought back in Indonesia. Thus, i would say rather it's the quality of the string which is the main reason for the break(it snapped exactly at the racket's center).
    Eventhough that 1 string broke, the other 2 string jobs survived and they played well, no complaint(DinkAlot actually did 3 of them)..I believe i asked him to tension them to 28 lbs, if not mistaken. So yes, as a witness, i would give our NGP/DinkAlot 2 thumbs up for his stringing job!!..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-18-2007 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you will notice that Ashaway introduces thinner strings in the tropics in response to customers' demand. This is why in S.E. Asia they have only the thinner version of ML, Powergut, and Micro Power or the discontinued Micro Power Ti.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast