User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WANTED! String with ultimate durability and cheap price

In my club, we have several rackets that can be lent by kids or beginners who do not have a racket of their own when they start playing.

So when these rackets need a new string, what counts are only two things: Maximum durability and a good price (since I will offer the restringing of these rackets for free). The performance has not the highest priority, however the string should at least get the grade "acceptable" when it comes to power and control.

Does anyone has a good tip which string might be suitable for this purpose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG 65 might be a good compromise and durable enough, but there may be cheaper ones ...

regards,

Joachim.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, for a balance of performance and durability, BG 65 is good. At low tensions it should last a long time.

Or for the ultimate in durability, you could always try...*shudder*...BG 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG65 is of course always an option. However, I was hoping that there might be something cheaper out there if we leave the major brands behind. So for example, I found this one from Oliver or this 0.80 mm rope from Victor.

And since I haven't got any experiences with strings from brands like Forza, Gosen, Hi-Qua ect. I was hoping that someone might have come across a string that fits to my requirements.

As said, performance has close to zero priority since these rackets are only used for the first hours of one's badminton carreer when the focus is mostly on managing to somehow hit the shuttle back over the net.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashaway Zymax 70

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goku999 View Post
    Ashaway Zymax 70
    Good suggestion. Prices may be slightly different in Germany, but in the UK:

• BG 65 -- £4.56 pack, £68.40 reel
    • BG 55 -- £58 reel, not available in packs
    • BG 3 -- £4 pack, £59 reel
    • Zymax 70 -- £4.20 pack, £60 reel

I would go for Zymax 70.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I had an email from Ashaway advertising clearance prices on some products. How about this:

ALL BLACK ZYMAX (62, 65, 67, 70) REELS £25 SETS £2
    Zymax 70 reel for £25 maybe? Contact Goode Sport, info@goode-sport.co.uk

I think VAT will be added, so maybe that's really £30 a reel. Still damn cheap. May be too late now though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would indeed be a real bargain, thanks for the hint! Fingers crossed that they still have a reel of ZM70 left in stock.

Has anyone used the BG55 before? I found a 200m reel for 69,- EUR in a german online shop and at least based on the specs, this could also be a candidate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RKEP Ti70 would be my choice. Seems very durable at tensions from 18-26 and it's definitely on the cheap side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emjay View Post
    RKEP Ti70 would be my choice. Seems very durable at tensions from 18-26 and it's definitely on the cheap side.
    RKEP! How could I write the words "cheap price" and not think of Eric immediately?! I've not seen or used any strings from RKEP up to now, but I will ask Eric for any suggestions.

The Zymax 70 deal from post #7 seems to be already gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use pros-pro-speed-70 to string rackets for the local school. So nearly only beginners play with it. The durability and performance is comparable with Bg65. Its rather a soft string so miss hits will do less likely break the string. I strung this string at 31lbs for my self, durability is no problem but it loses tension very fast and more than bg65.
    100 m ~3€

http://www.approach-tennis.de/badmin...aite-100m/729/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received the prices for the RKEP Ti70 and they are ridiculous: ~1€ per set plus shipping. I directly ordered some sets from Eric along with some other stuff to give them a try. If they are just remotely on the same quality level as the other RKEP products that I know, then this should be more than fine.

And in case they are total crap, I will then have to continue my search. So if anyone has some more candidates, feel free to name them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes... I'm in the same position like you, and last year I got HI-QUA BG65 500meters for ~60$ and I can do alot with this string. Perfect to fix clubrackets, restring junior's rackets, restring old-guys rackets.... eaven a couple of élite players with high tensions like this string...good choise!
    Last edited by Super85; 05-20-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you, I would go for the cheapest which you can get. Tension loss, repulsion, feel etc. are not important. I can tell you that BG3 is a really awful string, but even new low to mid end racket come with awful strings and these stringing jobs are normally all bad and old. So IMO their is no need for a string with a good performance, because if a beginner or kid buy a Talbot Torro or Carlton or whatever for 25€, they don't have this luxury with new rackets, so there is IMO no need to use a higher standard for lend rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the suggestions. So it looks like my approach to have a go with the RKEP Ti70 in the first place is the right one. Couldn't find anything cheaper until now and as long as it can hold 17 lbs. on an old 15€-clubracket for a couple of months, it should be fine. I am sure that no one will complain about the lack of feel or high tension loss there.

And in case it's not that bad, it could also be a suitable string to use for juniors or seniors (on all their NR-GlanZ's...) who also don't care about their string. I will post a short review of the Ti70 after I tried it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am sure anything at 0.75mm will fit the bill.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17lb will be child's play I'm sure. As a reference, I strung my Thruster K9000 at the beginning of the year with it - 24x26lb, frequency came out at 1107Hz. I rotate with other rackets so it doesn't get constant use, but it's now around 1000Hz. I originally used it as a cheap way to test different tensions but I can't justify cutting it when it still plays well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast