User Tag List

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wingzer0 View Post
    After many years with BG80s, soon i'll be giving ZM62 a go. By the sound of it from here and elsewhere, it should suit me very nicely
    I've read about 40 pages in the Zymax strings thread and the ZM62 is prone to breakage due to mishits, durability ranged from 10 minutes to weeks. Of course the low end of durability was mostly because of higher tensions e.g. 27 lbs. I read recommendations (for feather) for tensions to be < 25 lbs. If you wanted to string ZM62 at 27 lbs. but found it was too fragile, a decent alternative would be ZM65 at 28-29 lbs. or ZM67 at 29-30 lbs. and ZM70 at 30+ lbs.

If you have the time and enough rackets, trying out each of the strings in the zymax range would be quite beneficial for your game as well as the community, should you post a review =)

Good luck!
    Last edited by phaaam; 07-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Dink will be stringing for Yonex at the U.S. Adult Nationals this coming weekend. Will have access to all the latest Yonex string and test them at night.
    Sir D, any findings that you would like to share?
    (or I am blind and couldnt see the refresh...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering if any bros string their racket with gosen pro 70?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dink
    Just wondering if you had any chance to write up your thoughts on some of the newer strings that aren't on the table? I'm quite keen to see your thoughts on the NBG99.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Dink will be stringing for Yonex at the U.S. Adult Nationals this coming weekend. Will have access to all the latest Yonex string and test them at night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Dink, when are you going to add BG66UM, VS850 and ZM62 to this table?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    I've read about 40 pages in the Zymax strings thread and the ZM62 is prone to breakage due to mishits, durability ranged from 10 minutes to weeks. Of course the low end of durability was mostly because of higher tensions e.g. 27 lbs. I read recommendations (for feather) for tensions to be < 25 lbs. If you wanted to string ZM62 at 27 lbs. but found it was too fragile, a decent alternative would be ZM65 at 28-29 lbs. or ZM67 at 29-30 lbs. and ZM70 at 30+ lbs.

If you have the time and enough rackets, trying out each of the strings in the zymax range would be quite beneficial for your game as well as the community, should you post a review =)

Good luck!
    I'm not a professional player, but I play very competently and competitively. I always string at 24lbs because that suits my game. So here's my opinion of the ZM62

So I've had the chance to compare the Zymax 62 against BG66UM. Having never tried both before I thought it's a fair comparison because both are unfamiliar to me. The Zymax 62 felt a little bit numb to me compared to the BG66UM at 24lbs and doesn't leave much margin for mishits. I'm a very attacking player and BG66UM gives me the confidence in my smashes and drops. The ZM62 though, if you manage not to mishit and connect perfectly, the feeling is heavenly ^^.
    It took me a while to get used to the drops because the repulsion was so much in both the strings but the BG66UM allowed me to hit drops slightly off centre whereas the ZM62 didn't leave much room if I didn't hit it dead centre off the racket. A few days later I mishit a smash and the ZM62 broke off at 11 o'clock on the racket
    This is the second Ashaway string i've tried at 24lbs (first being the micropower white). Both are rubbish to me at the tension I play at and don't give me the feel like I used to have with the BG80. However I play with people who swear by the ZM62 and the micropower white at their specific tension (27lbs - 28lbs) so....each to their own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone suggest me a good string which holds tension very well ? My string tension would be 25 by 25. I have Arcsaber 6
    Last edited by kbase; 04-17-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm looking advise of best string for my tension at 26lbs
    I am smashing a lot during the games, so consider hard hitter?
    First, I want the hitting sound, personally mentally have good performance due to the hitting sound
    second, repulsive power of the string

I think above two is what i concern and try to figure my personal best string. Any Expert can help thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlhb View Post
    Hi, I'm looking advise of best string for my tension at 26lbs
    I am smashing a lot during the games, so consider hard hitter?
    First, I want the hitting sound, personally mentally have good performance due to the hitting sound
    second, repulsive power of the string

I think above two is what i concern and try to figure my personal best string. Any Expert can help thanks
    Try BG98>BG66UM>BG80P, those are my personal fav and options. BG80P felt a bit numb when I smash so yeah... and 98 before 66UM due to durability. But if money and stringing aint a problem, I'll go for 66UM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbase View Post
    Can someone suggest me a good string which holds tension very well ? My string tension would be 25 by 25. I have Arcsaber 6
    Ehh... is durability/ cost a concern to you? And what is your play style? Control/ Hard hitter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there, I'm a recreational player, singles, I'm more to offensive style and a heavy smasher. I'm currently using voltric 80 w/ bg66um @ 24/26 tension, I'm planning to increase my tension to 26/27. I've only been using bg66 and bg66um all the while. would anyone mind recommending some strings which might suite me ? Thank you.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27