2006 Asian Games Results

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by seawell, Nov 30, 2006.

1. seawell

seawell Regular Member

2. Ching293

Ching293 Regular Member

Zhangning beat wong mew choo in 3 set.

3. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

im dying for live action!! haha... mens event is not taking place today is it?

4. blackrose

blackrose Regular Member

Good luck NUSA MAHSURI Trainers.....!!!

I hope and watch Nusa Mahsuri player, M.Hafiz Hashim and Nusa Mahsuri trainers like Nguyen Tien Minh (Vietnam), P.Kashyap (India), Shoji Sato (Japan) and Ng Wei (Hong Kong) can get best achievement in Asian Games especially in individual events.:cool:

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    shoji, ng wei and tien minh are training in nusa mahsuri?

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The 2 players u mentioned: Nguyen Tien Minh and P. Kashyap certainly performed well today. Tien Minh probably gave his best performance of his career today by defeating Lee Hyun Il and Boonsak Ponsana successfully in less than 12 hrs :eek: He deserves all the credit!

P. Kashyap also troubled Simon Santoso and he was actually leading 13-6 in the rubber set when Simon decided to wake up and take the match 21-17.

7. shuzzack

shuzzack Regular Member

Mahasiswi
    shoji also won against ng wei

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Most impressed with the performance of Nguyen Tien Minh. He's served warning as a potential spoiler in the MS draw. Also a little disappointed with LHI's performance. I thought he'd come out guns a-blazing after his time off but I guess the guns were a little off target.

MAS women kept it surprisingly close in the first 2 matches v CHN but inevitably got steamrolled. If WMC keeps up this form, she's got a chance to go far in the WS draw. Will be an interesting matchup with INA to see who takes 2nd in the group.

Despite the scoreline, IND ran INA close in 4 of the 5 matches, with 3 going to rubbers. This is encouraging indeed for for IND badminton, maintaining their progressive rise in the badminton world over the last couple of years.

9. Ching293

Ching293 Regular Member

China defeats Malaysia but World No. 1 Zhang loses one game[​IMG] printResizeButton(); [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    World No. 1 Zhang Ning was the only one who lost a set while powerhouse China overplaying Malaysia 5-0 on Thursday in the women's badminton team competition at the Doha Asian Games.
    Japan and Thailand came from two matches behind to upset South Korea and Hong Kong, China respectively.
    Athens Olympic champion Zhang had never lost to Wong Mew Choo from Malaysia and the 31-year-old veteran thought she had never lost a set to the gritty rival in their previous encounters.
    In the first set, Zhang took a 5-3 lead but then lost six points in a row. In spite of striving for a tie at 19-19, Zhang lost the set 19-21.
    After winning the following two sets 21-18 and 21-18, an unsatisfied Zhang said, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I just felt I moved too slowly on the court while my rival is a good runner indeed."
    The Asian Games rookie Zhu Lin conclude the lop-sided competition by breezily defeating Ooi Sock Ai 21-13, 21-3.
    Source: Xinhua

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well...china women team is still unbeatable now...However,WMC did improved a lot..Just hope Mas girl team can improved day by day...

11. Ching293

Ching293 Regular Member

不满意2比1结果 张宁赛后伤心地哭了

2006-12-1 华奥星空 中羽网 ​

张宁哭了,因为2比1的结果,“觉得自己今天打得挺不好的!”说完,张宁的眼泪又忍不住流了下来。

多哈亚运会羽毛球比赛今天开战。下午13:00,中国女队迎来第一个对手马来西亚队。为中国队出任第一单打的是奥运会冠军张宁,她的对手是名不见经传的黄妙珠。本以为这是一场毫无悬念的比赛,出人意料的是张宁赢得异常艰难。

第一局,张宁19比21负于对手,随后两局虽然获胜,但两个21比18的比分还是让张宁难以接受。比赛结束后,张宁躲在练习馆伤心地哭了。女单主教练唐学华不停地安慰着。

“团体赛第一单打非常关键,选手们压力也大,张宁能拿下比赛已经很不错了。她主要是不满意今天的比赛过程,觉得自己的水平没有发挥出来。”唐学华说,“实行21分制后,比赛的偶尔性增加了很多,同时也给弱旅提供了机会。2比1 的比分应该是很正常的。”

唐学华动情地说,做为一名30岁的老队员,张宁能坚持到现在非常不容易,“她的拼搏精神和毅力是很值得现在的年轻队员学习的。”(康少寒 11月30日发自多哈)

12. Ching293

Ching293 Regular Member

any one translate??

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

ZhangNing actually cried after the match against WMC, she is kinda dissappointed towards her own performance. Cheer man ZN! Maybe its just WMC who is the 1 improved alot ;)

14. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

maybe it is the Zhou Mi factor again.

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    That's the problem with the Chinese players, instead of of giving the opponent credit, they usually claim not playing well. Come on!

16. twdc08

twdc08 Regular Member

student
    well done mew choo!!!u really did a great job....

17. twdc08

twdc08 Regular Member

student
    hey!!i want to know why thailand can put saralee/sathinee as 2nd doubles???but actually their ranking is higher worr....anyone can tell me??

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    15th Asian Games/Badminton: Kim Hock looking at gold
    02 Dec 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------HONG KONG's shock 5-0 loss to Japan has virtually assured Malaysia of a medal in the men's badminton team championships, but coach Yap Kim Hock is hoping for more.

The last two editions saw the shuttlers contributing only two bronze medals on each occasion while the last time Malaysia won a silver was in 1994 in Hiroshima through men's doubles pair Cheah Soon Kit-Soo Beng Kiang.

"We are sure of a medal in the team event as Hong Kong are much tougher than Japan. I expected a fight from Hong Kong (against Japan) but I don't know what went wrong with them," said Kim Hock.

"As we have beaten Japan 5-0 (on Thursday), we are sure of topping our group provided we don't lose to Hong Kong (today).

"I am sure that won’t happen though I am considering giving Lee Chong Wei a rest. I will probably start with Hafiz (Hashim) as the first singles, (Kuan) Beng Hong as the second singles while (Wong) Choong Hann will play third singles."

Japan’s shock win was a good sign for the shuttlers though all Kim Hock was willing to commit was wanting a good performance from his charges.

However, when pushed, the former international admitted that he wants more.

"One gold medal will be wonderful. I know that it is long overdue and I know we have the players to do it. It all depends on the players now."

As has been the case in recent times, Malaysia's best hopes lie with singles star Lee Chong Wei, who has been keeping a low profile since falling in the quarter-finals of September’s World Championships in Madrid.

This is perhaps a wise approach as Chong Wei has shown signs of crumbling under pressure and Malaysia do not want that.

The shuttlers know that they are looking at a bigger picture - the Beijing Olympics in 2008 - and on current form, only Chong Wei looks capable of mounting a strong challenge for a medal then.

But as Kim Hock said, Malaysia have the players to challenge the world's best, and bronze medal finishes are not expected from the shuttlers.

"We have prepared well, and are assured of a semi-final place but the challenge is to better ourselves," stressed Kim Hock.

Hopefully, with a gold.