Where in the draw will Taufik Hidayat meet Anup Sridhar in men singles event?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by 2cents, Nov 30, 2006.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    After INA beat IND and Taufik beat Sridhar, Taufik said it was like he gave Sridhar a free training class; but Sridhar argued that was not even a convinced win, and he's confident that he will beat Taufik in the individual singles event. Are they going to meet in early rounds of singles? Who has the draw? I doubt Sridhar could pass the 2nd round even though I haven't checked the draw yet.

2. indra

indra Regular Member

If LD heard TH's statement above, he would certainly get stressed out even more:D :D

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    In this case, Sridhar should have kept his mouth shut and give his best when he meet again in individual event. If you want to create an upset, the best is not to let your opponent aware of it. It reminds me the German player who declared possible upset in World Championship early round against Lee Chong Wei and lost convincingly. Be smart and sneakly, formula of success :D

4. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Well I watched the game last night. It did get me wondering, either Sridhar is really good or Taufik is just playing around. From my observations it seems that if Taufik want a point he can easily get it, but he also mess up a lot with the net play.

5. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Yaks... I hate when TH does such a thing, look down to weaker player and hide toward stronger player such as LD. I guess he just worn out, he is not as good as before. I dont think TH will get any gold this term...

6. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Well I remember our NZ player John Moody beat Sridhar in the Commonwealth Games this year and I'm pretty sure Moody isn't even close to giving Taufik a decent challenge so yeah it sounds like another case of Bjorn Joppien(sp?) and LCW.