User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New club in Georgia looking for members and competitions

and members too! I am a grad student at Georgia Southern University and I have just started a badminton club. We have a range of experience and level of play. We are looking for members/players and competitions. We meet in the Hanner Complex Old Gym from 8-10pm on Thursday nights. If anyone needs directions/more information, please let me know! I have heard there are clubs at Georgia Tech and University of Georgia, but I'm having a hard time finding information. Our members are very interested in traveling and competing, but I can't find information on competitions in Georgia. Little help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, i am very interest in playing badminton and i want to be the member of the club. i am a grad student of southern polytechnic university. my email is zheng198282@yahoo.com.cn, pls contact me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Airathanas for starting a badminton club .

Can you describe the features of your facility (eg/ # of courts, type of floor, lighting, height of the ceiling, etc) so that potential players will have a better feel for your club and then may be interested in joining or dropping in.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More info

Good idea...

We have six courts, but we usually use three so there's room for more players. Wood gym floor, so it isn't slipperly or anything. Honestly, the lighting is not the greatest- the shuttle gets lost in the lights many a time. But it's bearable. The ceiling is pretty high, but there a lot of shuttles stuck up there. It's a really nice gym but not state-of-the-art. Plenty of room and there aren't any other sports going on that would be a distraction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I am from the Badminton Club of Emory University, GA. If you are interested in getting some info and having some common activity together please let me know. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airathanas
    and members too! I am a grad student at Georgia Southern University and I have just started a badminton club. We have a range of experience and level of play. We are looking for members/players and competitions. We meet in the Hanner Complex Old Gym from 8-10pm on Thursday nights. If anyone needs directions/more information, please let me know! I have heard there are clubs at Georgia Tech and University of Georgia, but I'm having a hard time finding information. Our members are very interested in traveling and competing, but I can't find information on competitions in Georgia. Little help!
    I am interested in playing with your new club. I live in the Atlanta area and am looking for somewhere to play. Can you tell me where the Hanner Complex Gym is located? Do you have room for 2 more players?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlucret
    I am interested in playing with your new club. I live in the Atlanta area and am looking for somewhere to play. Can you tell me where the Hanner Complex Gym is located? Do you have room for 2 more players?
    Thanks
    Yes, of course we have room. but, my club is in statesboro, 3+ hours south of atlanta. If you're still interested, we play in the RAC building now (on campus at Georgia Southern), Tues/Thursday nights from 9 to midnight. I know there are clubs in Atlanta though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am interested in joining your club. I go to GSU too. How much is the membership fee is there is any? and is there any trainer? I am a beginner. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GSU Badminton Club

There aren't any trainers, but I teach the badminton PE and there are some experienced players that would love to work with you. There is no fee. Our practice times are Tuesday/Thursday 5-7pm and Friday at 2pm. We meet on court 3 of the big gym in the RAC.

There is an interest meeting on Thursday August 24th at 4:30pm on court 3 in the RAC. We would love you to come by. You're welcome to play on Tuesday night before the meeting takes place of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobstermobi
    I am from the Badminton Club of Emory University, GA. If you are interested in getting some info and having some common activity together please let me know. Thank you.
    Does your club accept non-college members?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club accepts non-college members but you have to be a member of the RAC (gym at GSU) in order to obtain access to the courts during practice time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airathanas
    The club accepts non-college members but you have to be a member of the RAC (gym at GSU) in order to obtain access to the courts during practice time.
    I was actually talking to the Emory guy since he is close by, gSU is quite a drive for me, thanks anyway though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the Emory area of Atlanta and am very interested in finding a place to play, do you know of one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having a hard time finding the clubs in Atlanta or places to play....any thoughts?

My gym has said they will set up a court if I have people who will play. That is the Athletic Club Northeast. It is in the Emory/Virginia Highlands area.

Let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tryan
    I am having a hard time finding the clubs in Atlanta or places to play....any thoughts?

My gym has said they will set up a court if I have people who will play. That is the Athletic Club Northeast. It is in the Emory/Virginia Highlands area.

Let me know
    What would be involved in setting this up, ie, any fees or anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

I know that there is a shortage of places to play in Atlanta but I just wanted to see how many people out there will be interested in playing at Emory University? There is a possibility that we will be able to bring in non-Emory student/staff to play in the center. Once I know how many people are committed in playing at a regular basis I will arrange something for everyone.

Thanks

EC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nzelfman
    Hi everyone,

I know that there is a shortage of places to play in Atlanta but I just wanted to see how many people out there will be interested in playing at Emory University? There is a possibility that we will be able to bring in non-Emory student/staff to play in the center. Once I know how many people are committed in playing at a regular basis I will arrange something for everyone.

Thanks

EC
    I know at least 4 people that would be interested including myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast