Badminton in SE London, Bridge Centre

Discussion in 'UK' started by laura, Dec 1, 2006.

1. laura

laura Regular Member

Opps, I originally posted the same topic in the general discussions forum (nevermind!). My nearest Leisure Centre is the Bridge Centre in Sydenham, are there any good/intermediate players that are interested in joining a badminton club on Sundays 10am to 12noon?

If there is enough interest, I'll considering setting something up. Please reply if you're interested.

2. radolondon

radolondon Regular Member

I am very interested as I live in Lewisham. I am intermediate player and would love to play every sunday. Please contact me on my email: petsov@gmail.com

3. laura

laura Regular Member

Hi Radolondon,

I'm just in the process of setting up the club, I'll email the details to you as soon as it is all confirmed. Do you know of any other players who would be interested?

4. radolondon

I have a friend from my college that might be interested as he loves badminton. I played with him at me college and he is in the border between beginer and intermediate.

5. casha87

casha87 New Member

I would be quite interested, I currently play with a club in Croydon on Wednesday nights

6. laura

laura Regular Member

Hi Guy's,

Due to a number of different reason's, I won't be able to get anything started until the new year. If any body else is interested in joining a new club for the new year, please leave your email address and I'll email you closer to the time. Thanks for bearing with me!

7. laura

laura Regular Member

Hi Guy's,

DUe to a number of different reason's, I won't be able to get the badminton club started till the new year. If you're still interested, please leave your email and I'll contact you all nearer the time. My apologies for any inconvenience, but trying to get things started during December is extremely ambitious, now I know!

8. Armanye

Armanye Regular Member

DAMN I live in sydenham (yay!), but I do badminton on sundays already :(

how much do you pay at the bridge? Do you need membership? etc etc

9. radolondon

I havent been to the bridge but in Orpington where I play sometimes with my brother it is 9 quit for the court and £2 for each player. This is for an hour. Where do you play? Can I join?

10. Armanye

Armanye Regular Member

^ Sorry dude its in East London and well I stay with relatives to go play there lol

11. Limehouse

Limehouse New Member

Hi Laura,

Just moved in (from Denmark) and ready to play some badminton. I am intermediate/good, but out of shape at the moment. I do play singles but prefer doubles due to an old knee injury (Badminton is a dangerous sport :)).

How far away is it from Lewisham DLR? My email: jrj (at) betbrain.com

12. laura

laura Regular Member

Hi Guy's,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you all, I have been on holiday for 2 weeks, and this Monday was my first day back!

Just to keep you all updated, the Badminton club will start on Sunday 21st January (Yeh!), you're all welcome to come, from 10am till 12noon. It will run every sunday except for February 18th (I'm off on holiday again!).

I will be providing blue plastic shuttles, if you want to play with feathers, you are more than welcome to bring your own. If you are interested, please leave your email and I shall email you with further details. Look forward to hearing from you all.

13. laura

laura Regular Member

Hi Guy's,

We had our first session last week, unfortunately, there wasn't enough people interested so I'm not going to go ahead with the club anymore. Hope you all find somewhere else to play!

14. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Interested in joining new group

Hi Laura,

I recently moved to Croydon and am looking for a new badminton group.

I am an intermediate level player. I have been playing regularly about 2-3 times a week for the last 3 1/2 years (after a long break before). I have only played fun tournaments once in a while. I would be very interested to get back into playing.

Heidi

15. radolondon

Hey I live in lewisham and I want to play badminton with someone. If you are up for it just pm me :)

16. hopspch

hopspch Regular Member

IT
    Hi there

If you are interested in another club in the S.E., try Parkside , they play in Eltham Green Sports College, Middle Park Avenue,SE9 5EQ ,
    on Tuesday 8-10pm ( All abilities ) Fridays 8.30 - 10.30pm (Advanced) and Sundays 10am - noon ( All abilities )
    All sessions have a coach present, there is as much or as little coaching depending on your experience,
    they have 4 courts,
    they play with feathers
    no invitation needed, just turn up and introduce yourself, it's a very friendly club as it started life as a pay and play so all are welcomed
    it's £5 for the 2 hour session, this includes the shuttles.
    if you like the club, then it's a £30 annual membership, which you can pay over 6 weeks
    If you are interested, just turn up for either the Tuesday or Sunday sessions.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa...,0.107288&z=14
    Hope to see you soon :)

Peter