User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benasp
    Can someone post back the images, i'm very curious to see since i also have made my own machine but my time is not that great (about 1h30min)
    Don't worry. Practise makes perfect My average time is 40-50 min (33min is the best).In comparision with DinkALot I'm very leisurely .
    BTW- pictures should be ok now.
    Last edited by Michal; 12-11-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my case the time is more due to the machine itself but i don't have time to update it so i continue this way, maybe this summer, i'll take it to the next level

By the way here is mine

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=22353

lots of similarity: my first mounting system is like yours but my larger green metal plate were blocking too many hole so i changed to a 4 point system.

I'd like to have more picture of your tensioning system, i'd like to make mine like this cause on my machine always have to thigh a screw to hold the string. here my email adresse (benoit.aspirault@gmail.com)

Also i like the way you made your inner mounting point but i can't do that on mine cause i also use it for tennis and i need my mounting plate to fits both type of racquet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my case the time is more due to the machine itself but i don't have time to update it so i continue this way, maybe this summer, i'll take it to the next level

By the way here is mine

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=22353

lots of similarity: my first mounting system is like yours but my larger green metal plate were blocking too many hole so i changed to a 4 point system.

I'd like to have more picture of your tensioning system, i'd like to make mine like this cause on my machine always have to thigh a screw to hold the string. here my email adresse (benoit.aspirault@gmail.com)

Also i like the way you made your inner mounting point but i can't do that on mine cause i also use it for tennis and i need my mounting plate to fits both type of racquet.
    You have right- both “machines” have lots of similiarity. I have seen your thread before- your pictures suggested me an idea about mounting system.
    I don’t have time now to take a new photos- maybe on the next week. If I take a new tensioning system photos , I will put here.

About mounting system- I think that you can make a smaller metal plate for badminton racquets, it shouldn’t block many holes and machine will have 6 (or 8!) points mounting. For tennis racquets you will use larger green metal plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems we have a lot of engineers in this forum, and DIY becomes a more popular topic. Wonder when a major TV network can put up a special seriers like "Home Improvement - build your own string machine".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Wonder when a major TV network can put up a special seriers like "Home Improvement - build your own string machine".

I'm affraid that isnt't a huge possibility of that. It could be to cause a wave of protest of the biggest companies which produce stringing machines

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Keep up the good work !

Quote Originally Posted by Michal

I'm affraid that isnt't a huge possibility of that. It could be to cause a wave of protest of the biggest companies which produce stringing machines

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My next mod, when i'll have acess to a garage is definately to make the tensionner faster to mount, i lost lots of time by tighting this bolt at every string i tension, for the rest, i think the problem is me.

By the way, so far i strung about 30 racquet in tension variing between 16-22 lbs and i never cracked a racquet or broken a string. But last week i strung my At-700 at 20 lbs and the string broke directly in the outsite of the head middles hole during the first game of the tournament i was playing. i didn't changed anything in my technique except i forgot to add 1 lbs on the cross, a thing i usually do. I don't think this would have make the difference, i'm still confused about what caused this incident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

may i know how were you able to calculate the exact tension in the handle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's an amazing thing to create a stringing machine that seems to work so well from scratch. plus, imagine the pride you must take in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lorus_blue
    may i know how were you able to calculate the exact tension in the handle?
    I have used the fishing scale- on the pictures it’s hard to see that (search photography with yellow string). I put weight on some position, then checked a reading on the fishing scale and marked sign on the rod. Then I changed weight position, checked, reading, marked. And again and again until the weight moved on the end of rod. Accuracy on my machine is 1LBS from 13 to 33LBS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my stringing job cracked “only” one racquet (yonex cab 23MS), but it wasn’t my fault- on the frame was damage structure (my customer knew that and I restringed on his own risk). The tension was quite low (20/22lbs), the frame broke on the top after 5min playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder is the tension sclae is linear with this tension system. By linear i mean the tension increase constantly with the distance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder is the tension sclae is linear with this tension system. By linear i mean the tension increase constantly with the distance.
    The distance between signs on the tension scale isn’t constant. For example: between 6kg and 7kg is the shortest (3,5cm), between 14kg and 15kg- the longest (6cm), so the distance increases gradually. The rod- ~60cm, weight- ~1,1kg.
    (1cm =0,39inch, 1kg=2,2lbs).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI Michal

I have made an stringing machine front part and i was struck in the string hold side.. can u help with ur ideas. Help me to an stringing machine..

I need your stringing machine drawings can u send me my mail id : arun25.11.87@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2