User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fishmilk,

Seriously, you should changing to the premium head plates. The head plate that you have will cause problems in the future. It doesn't have a cental support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    The sensory jaw saves lots of hassle.

You may also consider the double-action clamp system later. Maybe you can order a pair of badminton fixed clamps .

Thanks Pete, I will probably have one of those on my machine very soon since you recommend it.

I haven't been keeping up, but I can tell there's some sort of inside joke on the badminton clamps. I didn't think there were any, perhaps this is why you're so frustrated with Laserfibre?

Fishmilk,

Seriously, you should changing to the premium head plates. The head plate that you have will cause problems in the future. It doesn't have a cental support.
    I have been just thinking about it actually, when you mentioned switching to an Eagnas 6-point turntable. I thought about my options and the head plates switch you did is in my consideration. I no longer have my racquet swinging around when I pull like before, but I still don't feel like I have enough support. Thing is, last time I mentioned it to Tim, he swayed me into staying with what I have and sending me the new extra support. It doesn't sound like he's very fond of doing it, and I don't have a price figure either. It's hard to consider something when you have no idea what it's going to cost you and you're not exactly rolling in dough either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there any single action fixed clamp made for badminton?
    I've seen some for tennis though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Hi guys, I was at my club last night for some training, and the owner approached me asking if I could help her with some stringing. A couple of the coaches knew I string so I wasn't very suprised. In short, she told me she wanted someone to help relieve the stringing in the club. I could take racquets home and string them so it would be pretty convenient. We haven't really talked about the money although I am not expecting big bucks out of this, I could make a little something on the side which would be nice.

The main reason I want to do this is the opportunities this may open up. This is one of the biggest clubs in the city, and the owner is also the coach of the club's team and nationals. If I prove myself worthy, it is very possible I could be asked to help out with tournaments which would be a total dream for me.

The second reason I'd want to do this is, this would give me a lot of practise. I'm not a fast stringer nor am I close to be being one. I'd like to be one but I have a very small amount of clients so the necessary practise isn't there. Stringing for the club would give me this, and also I'd probably get some feedback which would help me become an even better stringer.

That brings us to the dilemna of my situation. I don't have the confidence. I don't know what the load of racquets I'd have to string would be but I'm slow and I'm quite a busy person trying to balance school, sports, work and a social life. Also, I have never been trained in anyway way. I learned everything I know off a couple of forums, and watching a few videos. I also got a few pointers from a fellow stringer friend of mine but that is it.

If I am to string for the club, there is obviously a standard of quality I'd have to meet and I'm not sure I'm up to it. I would probably request for the club stringer to watch me string once from start to finish and give me some pointers and tweak me to their liking. This is everything I could of dreamed about when I made my investment of this machine but perhaps I've gotten there a bit too fast, I don't feel ready.

What do you guys think I should do?
    the club owner is a her? another rare opportunity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes there is, i know laserfibre/stringway has them.
    i'm not sure if others do, but i'm sure there is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darnit, it look me a lot longer to find it than i thought.
    but heres a thread with the images of it!
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...2&postcount=50

you've posted in that threat too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, you are looking at my machine . Stringway's single-action fixed clamps don't work well without my mods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, there are two types that I know of. One is the Prince Neos 1000 and the other is Babolat Sensor and Sensor Expert.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    is there any single action fixed clamp made for badminton?
    I've seen some for tennis though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there are two types that I know of. One is the Prince Neos 1000 and the other is Babolat Sensor and Sensor Expert.
    hmmm, i have to buy those expensive machine in order to use them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I remember now. Eagnas and HiQua have a model(s) that have similar fixed clamps as the Prince Neos 1000. However, reputation and warranty are another thing with those brands.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    hmmm, i have to buy those expensive machine in order to use them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you are looking at my machine . Stringway's single-action fixed clamps don't work well without my mods.
    what exactly did you do? my friend who also uses the ms200tt said the supplied fixed tennis clamps work very well for badminton if you were to grind off the outer teeth, from 5 teeth to 3 teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am not talking about he the teeth of the fixed clamps. I am talking about the mechanism of the single-action clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle
    what exactly did you do? my friend who also uses the ms200tt said the supplied fixed tennis clamps work very well for badminton if you were to grind off the outer teeth, from 5 teeth to 3 teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why do you have 6 Yonex flying clamps again? =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am talking about the clamp base slipping without those Pony clamps. check my original posts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dang..i joined this conversation way too late..>yawn< soo tired. Any ways, congrats to getting this opportunity. A word of caution...the laserfibre machines are relatively slow to string on and you may want to consider purchasing a crank machine...I average 1.5 hrs per racket on my modified MS200TT (pics of my machine are in Pete's thread). I don't know what your time may be but i'm guessing it's at least an hour and 15 min.

so far in november i've strung about 15 rackets and it can get pretty time consuming. I work full time and play badminton 3 times a week and sometimes need to make time to string rackets. For me I really want to just string rackets as a hobby and not as a second job... my increase in stringing more rackets lately is directly related to the fact that our previous stringer (which is very good i may say) left our club to join Lee's.

I'm sure the reasons I bought the LF machine are fairly similar to yours and Petes: Constant pull, consistent tension, low maintenance...

if it's about stringing rackets quickly then crank or electronic are the way to go where crank most often then not is the more affordable solution. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah Howie, Fishmilk can only string so many racquets a week with the LaserFibre drop weight.

In the long-term, a crank or electronic machine is the way to go for high-volume stringing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all reminds me of what I learned from an auto teacher. When you buy a car, you look for aesthetics, speed, and price. You get to choose two.

When you look for a machine, you look for quality, speed, and price. You get to choose two as well.

I really don't want to sacrifice the quality of my string jobs, but I need to speed it up. Only way is an electronic, but a reputable one is out of my budget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast