Vibration

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by vince_kan, Dec 3, 2006.

1. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

I would like to ask if anyone can help me understand how to know if a racquet has alot or minimal vibration.

Also i would like to know what are the factors affecting the extent of the vibration.

Finally i would like to know the effects of such vibrations.

Thanks.

2. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Vibration you feel up your arm is from the racquet frame trying to return to its correct shape after a hit. Normally I would avoid any racquet that produces a lot of vibration as it tends to affect my arm adversely it also isn’t conducive to playing quick rallies.
    Causes tend to be;
    overstringing.
    Stiff lower quality racquets.
    Defects/small cracks in the head loop.

3. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Reason: Adding to the list is repulsion force of the birdie off the strings and into the racket frame.

Factors:
    Poor string job, uneven tension in the cross/main, too high of a tension, "bad" strings, poor racket quality, gommets are worn out, shaft of racket is too stiff or near breaking, grip is too small for hand size which leads to not gripping the racket correctly,

Results:
    faster tiring, blisters, sore arm, torn muscle/dislocated joint (actually had a guy in high school that dislocated his shoulder), poor accuracy, poor power, bruises from smacking yourself