queing

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by chef_ira, Dec 4, 2006.

1. chef_ira

chef_ira New Member

i'd like to know where, which court, day/s and what time of queing scheds do you know? cause i'd like to play with other people besides the regular group that i play with. i'd like to know/meet more players also. thanks!

2. Syndrome_B

Syndrome_B Regular Member

IT
    whats your location?

3. chef_ira

chef_ira New Member

i live in pasig. but i play as far as malabon so i guess anywhere in manila is ok for me.

4. jbchiong

jbchiong Regular Member

Hi Ira!!! :)

If you want you can play here at Smartshots in Manila. It is located at 1620 F. Agoncillo St. Malate, Manila near Pedro Gil. Queing starts at 8PM onwards on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

People there are nice to play with. For more info you can call at 5257816.

5. gamie

gamie New Member

System Administration Manager
    There's a queueing in pasig in West Drive Badminton Center. Its near Capitolyo and along west drive avenue. Parallel with Pioneer street. Php 175 per person with free RSL shuttle cock. Starts at 6pm till 12pm, well depending kung sino pa ang matira dun.. usually peak hours is around 7 till 10.

~gams

6. nardski

nardski New Member

queing??

This may sound stupid..but how do you go about with this "queing" do you just go to a venue even by yourself, pay the fee and let someone arrange the games? can someone tell me the mechanics of queing? I planning to go home in April and hoping to play but dont really know anyone. Thanks in advance. Pls enlighten me :)

7. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    go to valencia, they have queing monday to saturday. itls located at bgy.valencia hills san juan. granada st. between n.domingo and santolan, near jt's chicken inasal. tel. number is +63-2-7269940, the fee is 150pesos, play till you drop. thats how queing works, you pay the fee, they will arrange your game according to your level of play and if you like mixed or doubles game, each share a shuttle for the game, after the game just tell the guy at the counter that you want to play again.

8. gamie

gamie New Member

Hi again. "queuing" in badminton is like joining a pool of players and there's a person who organize the rotation of players on each match which why it is called "queuing". Its like a mini-tournament but very informal. Its an opportunity to meet/experience higher class players. You can learn from them and practice also your move. It could be in any combination across all class (double or mix games) depending who organize the queue.

By the way, West Drive Badminton only got queueing every Tuesday and Thursday. Process is really simple. You can just go there even your alone and ask for the cashier for queuing. You just pay for 175 and they'll direct you to the designated queuer so they could include you to the queue. No need for reservation, walk-in is just fine. You may call them at this number for more information: 635-4354

9. jbchiong

jbchiong Regular Member

ang mahal naman. bakit 175?

10. gamie

gamie New Member

I really don't know. Perhaps its the place. Malaki (16 courts) at maganda yung mga court nila at marami sumasali sa queuing nila (napupuno nga ng 8 courts for queuing lang last tuesday game namin). Mayroon mga around Php 100 daw dyan sa Shuttle Flight (w/o shuttle cock) at Php 150 or 170 naman dun sa Battledore (both in QC). Although I haven't tried them yet. Kasama na yung shuttle cock dun kaya I guess Php 100 lang talaga yung individual without yung shuttle cock. Ok na rin kasi at least you don't need to have a regular badminton buddies kapag naglalaro, maganda rin yung may mga ibang players ka nakakalaro... actually dun ka gagaling (IMHO) :)

11. jbchiong

jbchiong Regular Member

Maraming salamat sa mga impormasyon na iyong ipinamahagi.

Sige subukan ko na rin pumunta dyan.

Maraming Salamat uli!!! :D :D :D

12. rommel6774

rommel6774 Regular Member

accountant
    how about the queing at Centro is it still on during thursdays/saturdays?

13. ToMitch

ToMitch Regular Member

Queuing in Centro is still on from Monday to Friday. Not sure about Saturday though.

Pinoybadminton.com.ph also has queuing in Centro every Monday & Friday night (8pm-12mn).