Beginner looking for a racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TRDartz, Dec 4, 2006.

1. TRDartz

TRDartz Regular Member

Hi everyone
    This is my first post.

i've played badminton every weekend when I was back in my early highschool years I'm now a university grad and just started to pick it up again.

My racquet is super old it's a bit warped (YY Carbonex 4) and quite heavy imo.

So I'm looking for an all round racquet. I'm not playing badminton competitively just as recreation to relieve some stress. i would say I like to smash quite a bit.

I've heard great things on this forum and from other's about the MP99.

I had a chance to swing the mp99 and NS8000 a bit and I found that when I did overhand swing, the mp99 felt more comfortable like it didn't pull on my muscles etc I donno how to explain haha since I'm not even near a pro.

I also tried playing with my girlfriend's isometric Ti , that felt like a massive improvement on my carbonex 4 from like more than 10 years ago but it didn't give enuff power I felt

thanks in advance

Artz

2. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
  3. TRDartz

TRDartz Regular Member

I don't want to have to change racquets as I progress either so would u recommend me get a lower number mp or go with 99... cause the 99 is the only one I tried.

4. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    It's just likely that you will break your racket before your really need to upgrade your racket, but if you have the money to spend then a mp99 is worth the cost. Other recommandations are the cab20, and cab30ms, at500, at800of/de, woven-8, carlton powerblade tour. I have friend who used high end AT and mp that switched to them and are loving them. I prefer stox racket myself because of the qualty to price ratio. You probably need to try a couple more rackets before you can really decide, but those would be my recommandations.

5. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

The SOTX Woven-8 plays like the MP99 according to some folks who've tried both. It's also almost half the price of the MP99 without giving up on quality. Better price-to-quality ratio as Dummey said.