User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event
    I can assure you that there are far more people who are unaware that they live near gyms where badminton clubs play than there are people who don't live near badminton gyms. There are gyms everywhere and dedicated badminton-only gyms, while a relatively new phenomenon, are becoming very common.

Having said that, the popularity among players has not yet translated into large-scale interest in the professional circuit. Things are changing there too, though.
    Ah that's good to hear. Yeah I thought that may be the case. I just couldn't understand how after being told by him of the supposed state of Korean Badminton, that the team could be so strong! Thanks for clearing that up .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...!!tat means korea player had improve a lot especially LHI...congratulate them...he beat LCW n LD...it was amazing...he wil become a well-known after tis..maybe...
    Last edited by Felicia_txh; 12-06-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember the china masters 2006 semi final, peter gade VS lin dan, that one was incredible, both players played to their full and its was really a close game, lindan pounce on peter's drop several times but i dunno how peter lifted it to the back, in the end peter won, what a breakthrough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Off Topic... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by yy_ling
    remember the china masters 2006 semi final, peter gade VS lin dan, that one was incredible, both players played to their full and its was really a close game, lindan pounce on peter's drop several times but i dunno how peter lifted it to the back, in the end peter won, what a breakthrough
    Actually, I didn't think played that well against PG that time I thought he looked slower in that match but credits to PG for winning it after that, LD will never lose to PG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    Actually, I didn't think played that well against PG that time I thought he looked slower in that match but credits to PG for winning it after that, LD will never lose to PG!
    Peter Gade will beat Lin Dan at least one more time someday... Mark my words I hope Gade will win the match with his special deceptive net shot...hahaha...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    I just couldn't understand how after being told by him of the supposed state of Korean Badminton, that the team could be so strong! Thanks for clearing that up.
    I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. While there are now many recreational players, this is completely irrelevant to the quality of the nation's elite players. As evidence, consider that there was next to no recreational interest and few indoor clubs when Park Joo-bong started winning international tournaments in the early 1980s. Probably over 90% of recreational players took up the game at around age 30. If anything it is the success of the elite system that feeds the recreational game by providing top-notch coaches to the nation's clubs. There is very little impact the other way around. The increasing number of recreational players means more revenue for sponsors such as Yonex and Victor but that is only beginning to be significant and does not account for the historical quality of the Korean team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    Peter Gade will beat Lin Dan at least one more time someday... Mark my words I hope Gade will win the match with his special deceptive net shot...hahaha...
    Yes, that will happen in Copenhagen Master the end of this month where winning/losing does not have any impact on the world ranking :-) Peter will beat Lin Dan in round robin and lose to Lee Chong Wei in the Final

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han
    Yes, that will happen in Copenhagen Master the end of this month where winning/losing does not have any impact on the world ranking :-) Peter will beat Lin Dan in round robin and lose to Lee Chong Wei in the Final
    You don't know the facts or you just distort it on purpose. The winner between Lindan, KJ and Roslin will meeting the winner between LCW, PG, and Simon in the final.

So if you predict Peter beat Lindan in the final, then LCW must have already lost to Peter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smashmouth
    Any match where LD loses is definitely a great match because LD's opponent would have had to play beyond his usual "A" game. LCW's performance in the last 3 MOs also comes to mind.

So my hat's off to you LHI for elevating your game and giving us a great show. To LD, you can't win them all, but you're still number 1.
    Not so sure here.Would you call the LD vs TH WC and SO finals great matches? LD lost pathetically;there was no fight at all. And it wasn't cos of exhaustion(in WC as claimed by some) for LD had a normal route in the SO. LD lost out of sheer fear of TH. But the good news is LD no longer fear TH so, yes, you are right when you refer to matches after the losses to TH.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not yet

AE 2006...

Quarter finals: LD vs Kenneth Jonassen
    Semi finals: LD vs LCW
    Finals: LD vs LHI
    Winner: LD

I don't know how you define gruelling, but I guess you probably mean as long as a match does not involve 2 Chinese players play together...well, if that is the case, here you go... I am not going to dig through the history book, but I think I just prove you wrong.
    Yes, I remember this .The semis were so good they made the final look so bad.Gruelling means very tiring, very exhausting.The QF and SF were gruelling but not the final.Both LD and LHI were so half dead (actually LHI was already spent by PG but he won the semi cos he was very smart;he tricked PG into many errors.) the final turned out lame.But credit to LD on this one. Altho he was unusually bandaged up, he managed to outlast LHI.Sheer courage and determination.I used to be a LD fan. I thought I would be a LD fan again but no, it did not change my mind. But I'm happy LD is playing at a higher level now, thanks to LCW.
    However, I'll modify it a bit to : If LD meets three top 16 players consecutively, he will lose the third match. Yes, now you 've proven me wrong altho' it will probably be the only one.
    But the 'gruelling' challenge remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Let me ensure you that it's not LYB that made sure LD didn't have to play hard matches along the way to victory... It's the other country's players made sure that LD didn't have hard matches... why??

1st. It's not LYB whom made the draws for tournaments.
    2nd. It's not LYB telling other players to not beat his team players.
    3rd. LD and LYB can't control the fact that other players such as Hafiz, Simon, LHI, KJ, and all the others whom continue in losing to the other Chinese players.
    4. The other Chinese players ain't going to lose to foreigners just so LD can play some hard matches...
    5. So, if the other Chinese players kept winning and eliminating everyone else, and LD done his own part and made it to the finals... Was that his fault that he had to play a supposingly easy match(according to you) and win???

Only reason this situation keeps on happening is the fact that players from other countries can not deliver, and keep losing to the Chinese team.. if for example, BCL, CJ, CH, CY keeps losing to other players in early rounds, what makes you think LYB can have any sort of control over any result??? Don't blame the situation on others, take a look at what your team has to offer first.
    LYB made sure of that. Let me give you some examples.
    1. CH losing to LD by giving him a Walkover(!) in MO 05 QF.
    2. Fake match with CJ losing to LD in MO06 SF
    3. Fake match with CJ losing to LD in TPO 06 SF
    etc ,there are many more examples . Just pore through the history of LD titles. Embark on this journey of discovery and see if you will emerge still a LD fan.Be brave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event
    I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. While there are now many recreational players, this is completely irrelevant to the quality of the nation's elite players. As evidence, consider that there was next to no recreational interest and few indoor clubs when Park Joo-bong started winning international tournaments in the early 1980s. Probably over 90% of recreational players took up the game at around age 30. If anything it is the success of the elite system that feeds the recreational game by providing top-notch coaches to the nation's clubs. There is very little impact the other way around. The increasing number of recreational players means more revenue for sponsors such as Yonex and Victor but that is only beginning to be significant and does not account for the historical quality of the Korean team.
    Ah I see. Then it sure is a great thing that they have done so well at this AG (considering how almost "unbeatable" China is currently) . Did it get much coverage in Korea (the team silver)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forget Taufik. I do not know how and when TH got hooked up with LYB. But it is so obvious that LYB arranged him to give several matches to LD so that LD could save some energy. I am so fed up with such fake matches.

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    etc ,there are many more examples . Just pore through the history of LD titles. Embark on this journey of discovery and see if you will emerge still a LD fan.Be brave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    and you forgot to mention PG.
    LYB asked PG to keep losing to LD so that LD can grasp the title.
    and LCW also. so that LD can get the MO, TWO and HKO.

what's the logic: if someone beats his teammate, that is a surely fake match?

what about KJ? he always loses to PG in almost every game. prearranged also?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deca2000
    You forget Taufik. I do not know how and when TH got hooked up with LYB. But it is so obvious that LYB arranged him to give several matches to LD so that LD could save some energy. I am so fed up with such fake matches.
    great said...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol but still that match was exciting no matter whether or not Peter wil beat Lin Dan again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Off-topic

I think he's too old now sorry his deceptive net shot? The one when he hit a backhand crosscourt netshot under his arm

sorry, I'll have no more off-topic posts in this thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast