Vt-52

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by westwood_13, Dec 5, 2006.

1. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    So I've been using Yonex shoes that are now four years old, and are finally dying.

Through sponsorship, I've got some Victor VT-52s, and they're a great looking shoe and don't feel too bad (not sure, had the wrong size, hopefully the right size is coming soon). However, my coach hates them, says they are 'too flat', whatever that means. I have custom orthotics for foot problems, so I'm hoping cushioning wont be an issue. I'm pretty reluctant to shell out $170 for new Yonex shoes I don't like the look of anyway...

..but are the Victor shoes really going to be detrimental to my gameplay/leg health? Any product reviews on these?

2. B-KJoe

B-KJoe Regular Member

Student
    Victor

I have 2 pairs of VT-5X series, 51,52, black, red colour. The soles of this shoes are extremely good. No problem with the grip, friction whatsoever. I think it easliy matches the performance grip of Yonex high end model. However not the cushioning, I stopped using it because I felt the cushioning, 'too dead' . It is not very responsive. The soft gel substance used in cushioning system simply will provide good impact absorbing....well I think too much already. It absorb everything, not responsive immediately after....
    I put the shoes to reserved since then as I need a much responsive pair to aid in my playing. :cool:

3. _MyST_Spring

_MyST_Spring Regular Member

err, I think you are saying the shoe is lack of responsiveness but not cushsion. :p If it provides good impact absorbing, that means the cushion is good.

4. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I ended up getting the VT-72, which has GREAT cushioning, but it's definitely more expensive..

5. B-KJoe

B-KJoe Regular Member

Student
    Victor

YES !
    You are right ! Absolutely, cushion was good. However, too soft, never responsive enough... I still remember MAS double player Choon Tan Fook wore the VT-52 during the AE 2004 Finals !

VT-72 model, I do not have it but I think Victor had made the shoe more firm and compact, lower for sure. Cushioning support is harder already. Price diff for VT-52 - VT72 around USD15 at SG.The shoe looks something like the Mizuno wave smash S2 too !

Nowdays, came introduced with the VT-82, seems to have it all....
    cushion power at heel similar to Yonex power cushion.
    Spotted professional players using this model currently...

6. B-KJoe

B-KJoe Regular Member

Student
    Victor

YES !
    You are right ! Absolutely, cushion was good. However, too soft, never responsive enough... I still remember MAS double player Choon Tan Fook wore the VT-52 during the AE 2004 Finals !

VT-72 model, I do not have it but I think Victor had made the shoe more firm and compact, lower for sure. Cushioning support is harder already. Price diff for VT-52 - VT72 around USD15 at SG.The shoe looks something like the Mizuno wave smash S2 too !

Nowdays, came introduced with the VT-82, seems to have it all....
    cushion power at heel similar to Yonex power cushion.
    Spotted professional players using this model currently...