User Tag List

Thread: K Murali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default K Murali

Dear All,

Anyone know this player? I heard that he was the former world junior champion from Malaysia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing that came to mind when I saw that name was Muthiah Muralitharan ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he from Malaysia? I googled Muthiah Muralitharan and it is stated that he is a Sri Lankan cricketer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K Muralidesan?

I think he was a very good player from Taiping who decided to pursue studies instead of badminton, I think did very well in studies... If not mistaken was in Sunway College when I was there doing A levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael View Post
    K Muralidesan?

I think he was a very good player from Taiping who decided to pursue studies instead of badminton, I think did very well in studies... If not mistaken was in Sunway College when I was there doing A levels.
    Yes yes! Your description fits him. I know he is from Taiping and he stopped playing because he pursued his studies. I know he now has a MBA now.

But, is he really a former world junior champion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    Is he from Malaysia? I googled Muthiah Muralitharan and it is stated that he is a Sri Lankan cricketer.
    No, he is not Malaysian but he had recently become the best cricket bowler of all time. That's amazing coming from one guy who doesn't follow the game.

Anyway, I heard of Muralidesan from the papers as mentioned by JasonMichael but mostly as a junior or reserve player of the national team. Don't know what he's doing right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

You must be curious as to why i am asking about him. I actually have the pleasure to play with him yesterday.

I am still excited cause i am only a social player.

You can tell that he was once a pro from his strokes and court coverage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was the best junior in malaysia back then.... but I think bad badminton politics spoilt it all... anyway... where do you play? I wanna play with him as well can I?

You must be curious as to why i am asking about him. I actually have the pleasure to play with him yesterday.

I am still excited cause i am only a social player.

You can tell that he was once a pro from his strokes and court coverage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael View Post
    He was the best junior in malaysia back then.... but I think bad badminton politics spoilt it all... anyway... where do you play? I wanna play with him as well can I?
    Actaully, i do not know him. He played at the next court but he invited us to join him cause his group is always short of players. Also, i don't think he is enjoying that much cause other than him and a veteran, all his members seem very normal. I would say some even do not have proper basics like serving and lobbing.

Of course i still lose to him when he partners that veteran while i partner the best member from our group.

Jason, i will ask Murali when i see him next time. It would not be a pleasant surprise if you just pop up and play with him. It will look like a challenge.
    Last edited by Kamen; 12-22-2007 at 04:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a shame he quit badminton and took another career path. Prize money and career growth in badminton is still shite compared to other racket sports like tennis. Badminton is very demanding, you gotta work really hard, spend lots of money and yet the return prize money is not that brilliant. they gotta increase the prize money and that will attract more players.

I think any sport popular in western countries have huge prize money (ie. tennis, football - yes i mean soccer, american football, baseball etc) but any sport dominated by the asians....not so good prize money. Its a shame isn't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes yes! Your description fits him. I know he is from Taiping and he stopped playing because he pursued his studies. I know he now has a MBA now.

But, is he really a former world junior champion?
    K Muralidesan a former world junior champion? No idea. I thought he was the Wimbledon Junior Badminton Champion. He represented Malaysia in 1994 Asian Games Badminton Team Events.