Anyone fancy a match????

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by denver69, Dec 5, 2006.

1. denver69

denver69 New Member

British Army Counsellor
    Hi all,

I'm bringing the British Army Badminton Squad to Toronto from 24 Mar 07 until 27 Mar 07 on a badminton tour, before moving onto Montreal for a few more games.

I'm looking for some clubs that can host us for a few matches during those few days.

We are going to be located in Downtown but can travel ( not too far though eh) and can dodaytime or evening matches

Currently i have 8 men and 2 ladies and am trying to get 2/3 matches on those dates. My squad on this occasion is not at its strongest but still reasonable club standard, and very good social standard!!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Danny

2. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Hi Danny!

You may want to try this private Badminton Club in Markham, Ontario www.mandarinbadminton.com They've different levels of club and team players of all ages from 9yrs old to 70 yrs old. When you send a e-mail to them, you may want to both address to Mr. Eddy Kung (manager) and May (pro-shop). Hope it helps!

3. denver69

denver69 New Member

British Army Counsellor
    Army badminton match

Hi Dex,

Thanks for the info. Its a good starter for 10.
    Im trying to get at least 2 matches in in those few days.
    Im also going to take in Niagara falls as a bit of sight seeing. Are there any clubs you are aware of in that direction that i can try and tie in with?

Danny

4. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Yes, there's a Niagara Falls Badminton Club. The address and telephone no. can be found at www.ontariobadminton.on.ca Click on "Where to Play" then look for "Niagara Falls Badminton Club" I don't think they have a website so you need to call them. Good Luck!