User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Simon Santoso

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...personally, i don't think Simon has what it takes to be a Taufik-caliber player...Like others mentioned above(and some PBSI coaches), his technique is sound & he's still young-from what i know, I believe he used to be or maybe still under the guidance of Mulyo Handoyo(Taufik's coach)..Sure he *could be*, if he trains and maximizes his potential, be in a similar class to maybe Hendrawan or Ardy Wiranata...But, IMO, after seeing a few brief matches of him in actions, his ability has reached that "ceiling"(or INA people might call his level of ability "udah mentok")...In particular it's similar to that of Sony D. Kuncoro as well, but that's a different topic altogether...The INA MS field, from my own personal observation, to be really frank, has no one else to count on(now or in the near future, even with the talk of Tommy Sugiarto or other young players), except one of Taufik..
    As I said many times before, after TH, LCW and PG done with the game, it would all china dominance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...personally, i don't think Simon has what it takes to be a Taufik-caliber player...Like others mentioned above(and some PBSI coaches), his technique is sound & he's still young-from what i know, I believe he used to be or maybe still under the guidance of Mulyo Handoyo(Taufik's coach)..Sure he *could be*, if he trains and maximizes his potential, be in a similar class to maybe Hendrawan or Ardy Wiranata...But, IMO, after seeing a few brief matches of him in actions, his ability has reached that "ceiling"(or INA people might call his level of ability "udah mentok")...In particular it's similar to that of Sony D. Kuncoro as well, but that's a different topic altogether...The INA MS field, from my own personal observation, to be really frank, has no one else to count on(now or in the near future, even with the talk of Tommy Sugiarto or other young players), except one of Taufik..

Did remember Fung Permadi? People thought he had finished..after moving to taiwan...he played better...so you will never know that "udah mentok" can go futher...I think mentally and experiences are very important factor in the games...

Like in Tennis, no one expect Amanda Coetzer can counter Seles or Hingis...Amanda is just like Simon...determination and fighting spirit are imprtant factors beside the skills...

I would not give up on Sony or Simon yet...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic-True, determination and fighting spirit are as important, but..

Quote Originally Posted by rudy6713
    Like in Tennis, no one expect Amanda Coetzer can counter Seles or Hingis...Amanda is just like Simon...determination and fighting spirit are imprtant factors beside the skills...

I would not give up on Sony or Simon yet...
    ..hehe, and so far from what you've seen, what do you think of both Sony's & Simon's level of determination and fighting spirit??...
    Personally, for Sony, a couple or so yrs ago, i thought he would be the 2nd dependable player after Taufik..But numerous injuries have befallen on him (ie. his foot injury just before the World Championships) and now who knows what happened to his game??..I believe, he's even gone behind Simon as the #3 MS, no??..
    Anyways, we'll give 'em another yr to prove themselves...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw you were discussing simon santoso and was wondering if players from indonesia can be reached anywhere? by e-mail or homepages? for an example like peter gade?

Maybe this doesn't belong in this discussion, but don't know whereelse to ask..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2