US: Places to buy Yonex NS8000 from?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by dilbert, Dec 6, 2006.

1. dilbert

dilbert New Member

All,

After having being the proud owner of a NS8000 BG-80 23lbs, i have decided to own a second spare one. The one i have was purchased from badmintonalley.com, for the price of $260 (IIRC). While browsing through badmintoncentral equipment reviews, the "avg" price of this racquet is now being listed as $$170.25. I was wondering, if you folks would be kind enough to tell me where can i get a new NS8000 for around the mentioned price (i tried badmintonalley.com but its quoted as $219)

Thanks

2. BaddGolfer

BaddGolfer Regular Member

That avg price in the reviews is probably not very relevant as it may include prices from other countries as well.

I found this un-strung NS8K for $179.99 w/ free shipping. That may be the best price or very close to it for a US version.... fyi..

http://www.ibuysports.com/YonexNanospeed8000.html

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    The avg price is calculated based on people in the world, not only for the USA people. People outside the USA could convert the price they paid for from their currencies to USD. However, different area have different pricing. Not every country sells it in the same price. In addition, the currency conversion is different from time to time, and it's hard to say they are the same price over time.

If you are looking to buy from oversea, don't forget the shipping fees and all other related costs will be much higher than buying from the US based stores. When those fees add up, they could cost you much higher in the total price.

4. dilbert

dilbert New Member

Jeff: Perhaps i should have been more specific. I am looking to buy one in US. Your point about avg price computation is duly noted :)

5. dilbert

dilbert New Member

Thanks Bad... never purchased anything from ibuysports.com... is it a reliable site for badminton (like badmintonalley)?

6. BaddGolfer

BaddGolfer Regular Member

I never bought from them before, but from what I read here on BC, they are legit. I believe some of the members here know its owner also...

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I've bought from them before (shuttles), seems the service is pretty good. If you really concern, maybe give them a call, to make sure their rackets are "US coded" (their site did state that). ;)

8. tofuhero

tofuhero New Member

I paid for a racket from ibuysports.com on Nov 30, but there is still no response from them regarding the shipment of it or if its in stock. I cannot get in contact with customer service through phone or email. Hopefully I did not just lose a large chunk of change.

9. dilbert

dilbert New Member

I had been contemplating with the idea of buying from those folks, however, after reading a couple of responses, i decided against it. Instead, i found a good supplier, Louisville Badminton. I've seen them advertising @ badminton tournaments in USA. They quoted me an excellent price which i could not refuse. I give them two thumbs up:)

10. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Excellent Price? How much?

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just make sure the price quote is for a US coded racket, otherwise, the warranty claiming (if you do need it) might be quite annoying. ;)

12. dilbert

dilbert New Member

US-based racquet
    $174.99 for NS8K
    $187.99 for NS9K
    both stringed with BG-65 (standard)

glad you folks reminded me, i need to order a backup from them :)

13. dilbert

dilbert New Member

thanks for warning Lazy... I did ensure that racquets they carry have US-codes, consequently, US-based warranty