Racket prices in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by aZn_Popcorn, Dec 7, 2006.

1. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

Hey everyone!

My aunt is going to Vietnam next week for Xmas and I'm planning to buy a few rackets over there since I heard their badminton rackets are cheaper there. Can somebody in Vietnam give me an idea on how much these following rackets cost?

1. Yonex Armortec 700 (or an 800-OF)
    2. Yonex Carbonex 20
    3. Yonex Nanospeed 9000 (either version)
    4. Yonex Muscle Power 99

Also, Can anyone recommend some good rackets from proace or apacs or sotx or any of those asian brands that we can't find in Canada? I've heard they are alot cheaper then yonex but the same racket basically?

Thanks in advance.

2. tuanminhvn

tuanminhvn Regular Member

Where in VN is she going to? To the South or the North? Hanoi or HoChiMinh city?
    Personally, I suggest not buying any Yonex in VN b/c: first,the price is stupidly wrong, and second, fakes everywhere. Unless ur aunt is badminton pro, there might be no chance that she would spot reals and fakes. I went on a hunt for YY rackets a few months ago in VN, in both HN and HCM city, digging up every sports shop hoping to get a bargain, but didnt work out. Instead i got a fake Yonex AS50 shuttle tube for less than £3, and several Victor No3 shuttle for £3/tube each.
    Apart from YY, buying other brands should be a bargain. Try Proace 1000 sweetspot, they sell ProAce everywhere in VN, real ones but you have to know the shops. It is very Good value for money brand.
    SOTX, Victor,RSL would be other easy-to-find brands in VN. Kason,Gosen are, too. I regreted not buying any of them.
    South East Asia is heaven for getting good and unique rackets for good price, but you have to know where to buy.

3. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

thx. My aunt is not even close to a badminton pro lol but ya I would like to stay away from the yonex brands and go for the other types. She is goin to south and north Vietnam and is there a site where I can get the details of proace/RSL/Kason/Gosen rackets? Thx very much

O, also, what are the some of the good stores names and locations in Vietnam and if you can give me a price either in vietnamese currency or US would be much appreciated. Thx again

4. tuanminhvn

Hi,ProAce would cost around $120 for the very expensive one in VN and less,as far as I know. ProAce actually produce their rackets in VN.
    this is the shop i often buy badminton equipment from. They offer very good pricefor ProAce. The shop is very popular among badminton players in HCMC. This is the address:
    "SPORTS SHOP QUANG Address:
    360 Nguyễn Trọng Tuyển, P.2, Q. Tân Bình,tpHCM
    Phone: (08)8424684 - Mobile : 0913.715015 - FAX: (08)9970389"

Aks the shop if they have any other brands like Kason/RSL/Gosen... You should have good prices for these rackets.

5. tuanminhvn

sorry,my mistake, only less than $50 for the very expensive Proace models. Others brands,except YY, cost no more than $100

6. trunghettino

trunghettino New Member

student
    sorry for the interruption, but i'm vietnamise too, but i live in italy... my uncle live in vietnam and he is coming on august for a visit... i just want to ask u, tuanminhvn if u r sure of those prices...

7. hitabird

hitabird Regular Member

Hi, I'm Saigonese so all the infos below are links to this biggest city of Vietnam:

* Most popular:
    ProAce are everywhere, oldest series (Cab 20, 25) ~ US$ 20. 0ld series (Sweetspot 800,900,950,1000,2000) are cheap ~ US$ 42 - 85. Newer series (Platinum) ~ US$ 45 - 95. Those ABSs cost from US$ 78 - 110, but harder to find.
    My recommendation is the shop 'Hoang Tien' , on the Tran Huy Lieu street; very close to the intersection of Huynh Van Banh. If fortunate enough, you will chance to have yours being strunged by Mr Hoang (the owner, the very famous players in Vietnam 5 years ago,).

* Main stream: Yonex, distributed by Sun Rise lte. Expensive, but not proffesional in services.

* Minority trends are : Finnex, Wilson, RSL, Gosen, Kason, Fleet, Carslon.

* Amazingly stupid price: Babolat, Dunlop.

* Haven't witnessed (just had rumors): Victor, Ashaway.

8. guyver

guyver Regular Member

Student
    Dunlop Rackets

Hi All,

Just wondering what the current pricing of dunlop rackets were in Vietnam? Are they better than the pricing in the US? Esp for the current Dunlop 2000?

Thanks.

9. zencool

zencool Regular Member

hi
    in Hanoi near the football stadium, badminton shop ,ProAce, Ashaway and Kumpoo

10. didosports88

didosports88 Regular Member

Coffee Machine Sales
    For those who will be living in HCM.If you look for APACS badminton rackets, call this number: Mr. Dean (+84) 0906.822.642 . He is a local guy working for Apacs company. You can check information and order from him. Exact company price, no fake, always include offical warranty paper.Add: 87/19b Phan Van Tri, Binh Thanh dist.Anyway: Price ranging from 537.000vnd - 1.200.000vnd, ~ $25 - $57 usd.

update: you can reach him through facebook.com/caulonghoiquan, his fanpage there

#10 didosports88, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019