AG2006 - Dec 8 - Individual Events Day 4 - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by DoublesPlayer, Dec 7, 2006.

1. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    ZHENG B./GAO L. - M TAZARI M. F./WONG P. T.
    XIE Z./ZHANG Y. - PRAPAKAMOL S./THOUNGTHONGKAM S.

LIN D. - LEE H. I.
    HIDAYAT T. - LEE C. W.

GAO L./HUANG S. - LEE K. W./LEE H. J.
    OGURA K./SHIOTA R. - ZHANG J./YANG W.

KOO K. K./TAN B. H. - KIDO M./SETIAWAN H.
    HADIYANTO L./CHANDRA A. Y. - JUNG J. S./LEE Y. D.

YIP P. Y. - HWANG H. Y.
    WANG C. - XIE X.

#1 DoublesPlayer, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    We have the exact same prediction.:p:)

However, I much rather watch LD vs LCW in the MS final though... just because Indra won't be telling everyone how his hero will somehow defy all odds and etc,etc,etc...:p I guess what I am saying is that "Random Boleh" sounds better than "Taufik, Taufik...Taufik"...:D:D Honestly though, Taufik is better than LCW and should prevail and get beat by Lin Dan one more time and make it 3 in a row in this Asian Games.

Kido/Setiwan is the favorite for MD!!! They will prove to KKK that he is nowhere close to being the next "doubles genius" just as Sigit, Candra, Tony proved him wrong before.:cool::D:D Short guy in the back jump-smash = too good!!!

Who is going to stop XXF now??? NOBODY!!!:eek:

All China Mixed doubles... haven't heard that one for so long, but it will happen.:p

#2 bananaboy, Dec 7, 2006
  3. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student

LIN D. - LEE H. I.
    HIDAYAT T. - LEE C. W. (i have a feeling that LCW will demolish Taufik...or maybe not :D)

YIP P. Y. - HWANG H. Y.
    WANG C. - XIE X.

4. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

LIN D. - LEE H. I.
    HIDAYAT T. - LEE C. W.

YIP P. Y. - HWANG H. Y.
    WANG C. - XIE X.

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is Astro showing the Semi?

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    When will your DVD ready? Hope it cover the WS and MS semi-final. Can't wait to see my new WS idol - Yip Pui Yin. :) And the 2 MS semi should be excellent. :)

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Why is everyone pick Lin Dan to win? I will go for underdog LHI as home court advantage should have some effect on the outcome. Final will be between LCW vs LHI.
    As for MD, Kido/Setiawan are not at their best and we don't know what to expect from KKK/TBH. I think if the Malaysian can minimize the unforce error and those unwarranted fancy plays then the chance is there. Rexy should threaten to quit if Malaysian don't win to fire out or further confuse the players :D
    For Lee Chong Wei to beat Taufik, Lee has to drag the match into rubber sets as the weakness of Taufik is still his stamina.
    Malaysia Boleh!

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I don't think LCW has a good chance against Taufik, he was really sharp last night, even with his backhand. But here's hoping ....

I will support either one of them that goes to final to win the GOLD!!!

KKK/TBH have more than a fair chance of reaching final, if they are not complacent. Most surprising is the performance of Luluk/Alvent, their experience could come in handy against Jung/Lee (though the edge is still with Jung/Lee). Luluk had better control his temper.

WPT/Tazari is there for the experience. Pretty good, huh? Without having a proper XD combination, Malaysia have won a bronze in WC and guaranteed bronze in AG in the same year! Last time we won medals of repute in XD was the silver at CG 2002 with Chew Choon Eng/Chin Eei Hui.

Unfortunately we all know that no matter the outcome, BAM will continue ignoring XD development.

9. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    Thai pair should get gold in MXD, they are very consistant, only INA & ENG pair can stop them.

As much as I want LHI to win MS, I dun want TH to win, and I think LD has better chance against TH. So don't know to whom I should root for.

WD, as always will be boring CHN-CHN, hopefully Korean pair can make and upset here. But I doubt it.

MD should be as predicted. I'm suprised Alven/Luluk made it this far, given their form. But should be end of road here.

What are the chances we see a HKG-HKG WS final ? Anyway I'm glad it's not CHN-CHN.

10. blackrose

blackrose Regular Member

My Prediction

SEMIFINALS

Mixed Doubles
    ZHENG BO/GAO LING vs MOHD FAIRUZIZUAN TAZARI/WONG PEI TTY
    XIE Z./ZHANG YAWEN vs SUDKET PRAPAKAMOL/SARALEE THOUNGTHONGKAM

Men's Singles
    LIN DAN vs LEE HYUN. ILL
    LEE CHONG WEI vs TAUFIK HIDAYAT

Ladie's Doubles
    GAO LING/HUANG SUI
    vs LEE K. W./LEE H. J.
    ZHANG JIEWEN/YANG WEI vs KUMIKO OGURA REIKO SHIOTA

Men's Doubles
    KOO KIEN KEAT/TAN BOON HEONGvs MARKIS KIDO/HENDRA SETIAWAN
    JUNG JAE SUNG/LEE YONG DAE vs LULUK HADIYANTO/YULIANTO ALVENT

Ladie's Singles
    HWANG H.Y vs YIP PUI YIN
    XIE XINGFANG vs WANG CHEN

#10 blackrose, Dec 7, 2006
  11. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    I don't think LinD to win. Lee H I will demolish Lin D on SF, the results like the match Lee jostle with Lin for medal Gold on Teams.

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Ahh LCW vs TH. At least I know one of my favourite players will make the finals :D. But I do think LD is more likely to win against LHI this time. Just a prediction though! Never know what could happen :p!

Edit: Oh haha just realised Anup Sridhar did not live up to his claim of defeating Taufik lol :p.

#12 phaarix, Dec 7, 2006
  13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Lee Hyun Il (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- after so many shocks for the Chinese today, LYB will have a heart-attack if his favourite player were to lose this one again. My heart goes to the Korean, but, I still think that Lin Dan will avenge his loss.

Taufik Hidayat vs Lee Chong Wei -- there are possibly 2 players that LCW have troubles beating: Lin Dan and his opponent today. I still think Taufik will win today after a surprisingly comfortable victory against Bao yesterday.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- this is a tie that Kido/Hendra have to win and the chance is probably higher than that if they were to meet the Chinese pair yet again. It could be another rubber-set. Somehow, I think the Malaysian pair has a phobia when playing against Indonesia and Korea; while the Chinese pair has a phobia when playing against Malaysia.

Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae -- likewise, I would very much hope that Luluk/Alvent will win, but, the Korean has a slight edge.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Yip Pui Yin
    vs Hwang Hye Youn -- the local HK player has done the impossible and I am rooting for her again today!

Wang Chen vs Xie Xingfang (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- this is probably Wang Chen's best time to beat Xie finally, but, I think the Chinese is still superior.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui
    vs Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Lee Hyo Jung is probably still affected by her injury as she lost her XD match yesterday. So, the Chinese has an advantage.

Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- the cute Jap cute pair is back!! They have beaten the more fancied Chien/Cheng and now Wong/Chin. Can they pull another upset?

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling
    vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Wong Pei Tty -- it's strange to see the Malaysian players getting bronze in the event that is less fancied (XD). They have performed well yesterday in beating the 3/4 seed, can they beat the scratch pairing of Zheng/Gao?

Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- I will be rooting for Sudket/Saralee to grab gold here. They have beaten Xie/Zhang in the WC and they could do it again.

14. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    to hate somebody for so long is not healthy :D :D :p

15. terry

terry Regular Member

Of course i will go for KKK/TBH, XXF,Taufik and Tazari/WPT

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    My picks:
    Lin Dan & Lee CW
    Hwang HY (saw her for the first time yesterday, pretty cute ... and spirited too) & Xie XF
    Kido/Setiawan & Jung JS/Lee YD
    Gao/Huang & Yang/Zhang
    Zheng/Gao & Xie/Zhang (here I differ from most people)

17. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I would say it's a 50-50 match. Koo/Tan is under less pressure and they may spring a surprise here.

I fully agree with you. Before AG, Koo Kien Kiet vowed to bring back at least a bronze after the draw was out. That indicates his confidence of beating Cai/Yu at the quarterfinal. On the other hand, when Fu was asked about his chances to clinch gold after beating the Thai pair yesterday, he was a bit reserved about their chances. He mentioned that their opponents are strong and they have not played them before.

#17 rwchen, Dec 7, 2006
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

With predictions abound thruout this past week..no one is more appropriate than..

...our own 2cents to make his prediction...we shall wait with bated breath & want to hear the predictions from our beloved 2cents on who does he "believe" will advance and/or go home empty handed(and perhaps can predict in how many sets, who'll win which sets etc.)...;)

Foreteller 2cents, please grant us your predictions by pulling out your crystal ball & putting forth your prophecy for the upcoming Semifinals..hehe:rolleyes: :p :D :) ;) :cool:

#18 ctjcad, Dec 7, 2006
  19. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

Somehow, I have a feeling that it may be a LHI vs LCW in the final. Lin Dan is too eager to avenge his defeat and the pressure is piling.

20. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Taufik said he is very motivated; now that Ina's hope for gold rest in him and MD pairs after the XD's loss. Hope it's a good sign.
    http://www.antara.co.id/seenws/?id=48218

Go get gold, Taufik. You will be forgiven again if you do :)