User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I really hate red string.

There's a group I know, ordered a lot of red string for their Ti-10 and MP100. Every time I string their rackets, my eyes felt very tired after the work.

Next time, I have to "force" them to give me some white string instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    Personally, I really hate red string.

There's a group I know, ordered a lot of red string for their Ti-10 and MP100. Every time I string their rackets, my eyes felt very tired after the work.

Next time, I have to "force" them to give me some white string instead.
    i actually know quite a lot of people that string their mp 100s with red strings. i dunno about you guys, i just find ti-10 with red strings ugly (i've never seen it here, but i can imagine what it'd look like)

LB, could it be because the mp100 is red that it's making your eyes tired...what i mean is when stringing it with red strings. i'm not sure how to explain it, but maybe you're looking at one color too long...red mp100 ..red string..concentrating where each red string goes, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on what racket i use...

if my racket has a combination of black and yellow then I would choose a string of black or yellow color.

like my Mp100 it's finish is a combination of red and black so i choose black colored string, i could use red also but black is more of my preference.

i choose the string that goes with my racket... it's kinda like choosing a shoe or shirt that goes with my pants etc, etc. Partner it with more or less the same color of your racket if not it will look really awkward.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by yonexfanatic
    i

LB, could it be because the mp100 is red that it's making your eyes tired...what i mean is when stringing it with red strings. i'm not sure how to explain it, but maybe you're looking at one color too long...red mp100 ..red string..concentrating where each red string goes, etc..
    I am pretty sure that's the red string itself.

At first, I thought exactly as u do. But lately, I strung their other rackets (MP77, Cab20) using red strings (they only bought red), the problem is still there. Since we know what color MP77 and cab20 are, I guess all my blame will go to the red string now.

The thing is getting worse when I "wave" the cross. With red tiny piece coming up and down, I just felt weired in my head...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i prefer the yellow (or the so called bright-lime-green) strings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the Colour of string matter?

original colour of badminton strings are white.. but do they play a part such as.. white strings makes the shuttle harder to see when u hit the shuttle??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it matters what color of string one uses. Me thinks it is more of a psychological enhancer (or is it reducer?) for the racquet owner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On all of my rackets
    I like BG-65 colour white, with black YONEX logo on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orange bg65 with red stencil ink on it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer White color. But sometimes i use black, purple and RED!! Lazybuddys Fav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i almost always buy white since i know it will go with whatever racket i will be using it on in the future.

black would be nice but its hard to get....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly Black

I usually buy black strings since they go well with almost every racket I have. White would work too but I like the menacing color of black. On occasion, I would buy blue string to go with a blue overgrip to give my racket a "new look" when I get tired of it's usuall appearance.

Unfortunately, black strings dissapear realy fast from dealer shelves so I'm stuck with a batch of lavander strings for now... yuck!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ants
    I prefer White color. But sometimes i use black, purple and RED!! Lazybuddys Fav
    Red, sure... my worst nightmare. Everytime ppl gives me red string to be work with, I got a feeling to double my price.

Generally, white is the safe choice for my work, since it will go with any rackets, and hardly receive any complains. Recently found Lavendar is nice, too. Received several packs due to mistake. Surprisely seeing ppl actually like it very much, especially for female players. The color is nice and smooth, good for working in "dark".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like orange string and orange grip, I just really like that "fiery" look it gives, red looks good too, and I really like that lightsaber thing posted by wilfredlgf, I guess that would make me an evil one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day,

Client gave me a pack of pink Gosen GS88 to string onto a blue Iso TiSP-SX the other day and the colour combination was absolutely terrible.

Generally I supply only white and black strings to my customers but occassionally I get blue and lavender strings from my suppliers. I find it easier to sell basic coloured strings than coloured ones. Having said that, I strung a friend's racket a while ago in "Richmon Tiger" (if you are Aussie you'll know what I mean) colour. BG65 in yellow for horizontals and black for verticals. Looked quite funky and in play the racket seems to change colour....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, I bump this up for new members to post their $0.20 worth. So post away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody seems to want to choose strings that suit their racket, have a positive psychological effect or take into consideration the logo. I, on the other hand, try to make my combinations as hideous as possible. The uglier the better. And sometimes I compromise on string type and gauge for the sake of colour. And every time I change a string I always go for a different colour. I also change frequently my grip also in different hideous colours in combination with the racket and string. This lack of consistency in the choice of string and grip at the moment works to my advantage, as I am at the moment trying out and experimenting with different brands and types of string and grip that I like and suit my play. As for the weird colours, there is no advantage and no point, but I think it is just a reflection of my personality. Everybody has their own choices and character; this makes for a more interesting badminton on the court and off, to watch and to play.

Currently I have the main racket I use, a SOTX Woven 16, which is dark brown, with pink grip and turquoise strings. Perhaps I can start printing logos of my own hideous design with an equally hideous colour combination.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast