User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but what I think is, his arms and stuff are good, but he lacks a bit of that waist movement, if you watch some of his jump smashes his whole body is facing the side, and he takes the shuttle gradually lower, compared to lets say peter gade's smash especially in the photos you see that his legs face foward and his waist faces sideways. LCW lacks some waist rotation[like me ]... also sometimes his return of smash is awkward, sort of like swing his body instead of hands, I seen this once I think its WC2006, BaoChunLai did a cross court smash, he was there to return the cross court smash, but it seems like he did not stop at the right place and the smash going into his body thus the awkward return

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessing
    u guys hv da point der.. he do have da strength.. technique..stamina.. mental stranght.. but to me he is lack of speed.. try to take china shuttlers' speed as an example.. they r damn fast.. not only lin dan.. chen jin have a fast speed too.. their footsteps.. their swing..
    Are you saying LCW is lacking in speed? If so, completely disagree. My coach went to the WC2005 and he watched all the Single's Players and he told me the fastest players were, in this order:

1) LCW
    2) Shoji Sato
    3) LD

Of course, game play, consistency, shot selection were another thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy's legs is his best asset, unlike comparing to LD's best asset is his arms (esp his offensive play). LCW's best weapon is his speed and efficient footwork, if he is lacking some speed in a game i would suspect he is hving some injury on his legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is nursing an injury but still want to play in KL Open, which according to him is very important in order to keep his unbeaten record on home soil. I think he should take a rest to prevent from exagerating his injury. Really can't understand, is that KL Open that important? He chooses KL Open instead of resting. Winning a big international title is far more important than keeping the unbeaten run on local soil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Are you saying LCW is lacking in speed? If so, completely disagree. My coach went to the WC2005 and he watched all the Single's Players and he told me the fastest players were, in this order:

1) LCW
    2) Shoji Sato
    3) LD

Of course, game play, consistency, shot selection were another thing...
    sure..?? but i watched da game he quite slowto move back to da centre.. mayb i'm not profesional enouf to judge~ lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's just not his day.....download some of the big matches he had.....like HK open 2006 final vs LD......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yy_ling
    but what I think is, his arms and stuff are good, but he lacks a bit of that waist movement, if you watch some of his jump smashes his whole body is facing the side, and he takes the shuttle gradually lower, compared to lets say peter gade's smash especially in the photos you see that his legs face foward and his waist faces sideways. LCW lacks some waist rotation[like me ]... also sometimes his return of smash is awkward, sort of like swing his body instead of hands, I seen this once I think its WC2006, BaoChunLai did a cross court smash, he was there to return the cross court smash, but it seems like he did not stop at the right place and the smash going into his body thus the awkward return
    Haha, I think the reason he face the side is because he got there way too early and he only swings his arm & wrist to create deception when smashing! Haven't u notice he is the only one that does one of the best crosscourt smash that left his opponent flatfooted?
    Returning smash is awkward? hey as long as it goes over its ok right? , but honestly this guys retrieval ability is far more amazing than LD's! In my opinion he has one of the best defense!
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. :LCW can defend the malaysia Open Title because play at home....Haaahhaa....

Almost all Malaysia players like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    Haha, I think the reason he face the side is because he got there way too early and he only swings his arm & wrist to create deception when smashing! Haven't u notice he is the only one that does one of the best crosscourt smash that left his opponent flatfooted?
    Returning smash is awkward? hey as long as it goes over its ok right? , but honestly this guys retrieval ability is far more amazing than LD's! In my opinion he has one of the best defense!
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will not be going to Copenhagen Masters. He will defend his title in the Malaysian Open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saugusli
    Oh.. :LCW can defend the malaysia Open Title because play at home....Haaahhaa....

I am saying he has good defensive play not good at the defeding his title..
    what a mockery for saying all malaysian do that
    Last edited by Simp84; 12-17-2006 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

walao... faint.. aku sudah pengsan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace
    ya but he but in that retrieval of smash he moved too much, got there too early, wasted him like 1 second too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yy_ling
    ya but he but in that retrieval of smash he moved too much, got there too early, wasted him like 1 second too
    lol guess its a few misjudgement... should be ok la..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am saying he has good defensive play not good at the defeding his title..
    what a mockery for saying all malaysian do that
    Ignore that guy's crap talk la, his country's own best players cant even capable of taking their own title, now thats call pathetic...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Be inspired

Where do you learn to be naughty like this? From our little newspaper , Straits Times? If you follow ST , you will note that ST usually print bad news about LCW,esp his losses and not his victories. It's what I call the sense of envy and usually reflects deep inferiority complex. Be happy for our neighbour. Be inspired instead of being envious. If LCW can be WN1 against all odds (eg. his small physique) why can't our boys? We don't know but one fine day we might have one to win a big title ? In 5 or 10 years time?
    A top player is most valuable when he helps to raise the level of the sport, not because he wins more titles. In 2006, LCW is the most valuable player to badminton because he has helped raise LD's standard, in fact the CHN MS overall so we 're seeing some incredible badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    Where do you learn to be naughty like this? From our little newspaper , Straits Times? If you follow ST , you will note that ST usually print bad news about LCW,esp his losses and not his victories. It's what I call the sense of envy and usually reflects deep inferiority complex. Be happy for our neighbour. Be inspired instead of being envious. If LCW can be WN1 against all odds (eg. his small physique) why can't our boys? We don't know but one fine day we might have one to win a big title ? In 5 or 10 years time?
    A top player is most valuable when he helps to raise the level of the sport, not because he wins more titles. In 2006, LCW is the most valuable player to badminton because he has helped raise LD's standard, in fact the CHN MS overall so we 're seeing some incredible badminton.
    You are soo right and saugusli, i'm not agree with you!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

emm....there's nothing wrong with him...he has great skills.... just not the time yet!!let's see what will happen in WC 07!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast