Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go....

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/n...cle/index_html

15th Asian Games DOHA 2006: Shuttlers fall
    05 Dec 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ON paper, Malaysia fielded their best available players but their performance still fell short as South Korea advanced to the Asian Games badminton team final with a 3-1 win in their semi-final clash yesterday.

Korea were there for the taking but somehow, top singles player Lee Chong Wei decided to lose and Malaysia's wait for a final appearance, last achieved in 1990, continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jug8man, I 100% agree with u!!! Support Malaysian!! I think it's just TH LUCKY to win last night...... furthermore, both of them play very well last night,so eventhough lcw lose i still support him coz not only lcw lose to TH, but TH has lose many time to LCW before....... am i right??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think taufik vs LCW is 5:2..........
    newspaper today ....The Star has an article bout LCW's loss to Taufik last night....and they wrote it like he lost badly......sentences like "LCW lost the 1st game in just 19 minutes" 19 minites is auite a long time for a game in this 21 point system......perhaps the idiot writer doesnt know....

and I watched RTM yesterday and heard sumthin bout taufik coming to KLRC.....i dunno if wat I'm saying is rite.....but I am sure I heard the guy saying sumthin bout Taufik coming to Kuala Lumpur or sumthin like tat.....any of u guys heard tat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The media is just like this...When people win,they will say until he is superb but when someone lose,they will comment them until very bad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They din write anything about Koo & Tan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, ever since the thomas cup he hasn't been the same to me. He had a heavy burden leading malaysia to the semi's, and seemed unsettled from the loss by Gade.

Could be that , or maybe he's burned out from all the tournaments he entered to get to no.1 , when lin dan had a slight absence in mid-year tournaments, lcw entered as many to get more ranking points to get to no.1

Besides, the tournaments he won weren't major ones, excluding MO. We shouldn't expect lcw to be winning the top players anyway, he's still learning or improving, and for me; hasn't really broken into the top. let's not forget 2 years ago he was in line with WCH and had a debate of who should lead malaysia, one year later he's malaysia's no.1 and is consistently making the semi's. and now he's just breaking it into the top 2-4 players.

Give him time. I mean Bao's form has improved now after coming back from a horrible injury. and chen hong is enjoying himself after a horrible 2005. Taufik even , hasn't really been consistent in opens in the past 2 years, he won the 2 major events (olympics 04 & WC 05) and people judge him from them events where he shined. So lcw is still improving and just needs to do well in some major events to break into the top. As for Lin Dan, he for me is the most consistent player on the circuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WILL KO, you're true, give him time....... maybe he just too tired.... whatever, I will owez support him no matter what happen.. SUPPORT MALAYSIAN!!! MALAYSIA BOLEH!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ**
    i think taufik vs LCW is 5:2..........
    newspaper today ....The Star has an article bout LCW's loss to Taufik last night....and they wrote it like he lost badly......sentences like "LCW lost the 1st game in just 19 minutes" 19 minites is auite a long time for a game in this 21 point system......perhaps the idiot writer doesnt know....

and I watched RTM yesterday and heard sumthin bout taufik coming to KLRC.....i dunno if wat I'm saying is rite.....but I am sure I heard the guy saying sumthin bout Taufik coming to Kuala Lumpur or sumthin like tat.....any of u guys heard tat?
    U can forget about Star. Their info is always wrong, the head to head is 4-2 in favour of TH. The Star reporter always has a thing on our players, sometimes its funny on how he criticize as which shows that he knew nth about badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    LCW was never in any pressure.. i'm lying. What i mean is that the pressure doesnt really affect him much. He played his game and his opponent is much better than him this time PERIOD and he admits that too. No one really blames him for the defeats.
    If what you said is true about LCW's admitting that his opponents are better, that means LCW is lack of fighting spirit or confidence. I read somewhere that LD never accepts that his opponents are better. When he faces his opponent on BAD court, the idea in his mind is "I am better and I can beat you and I will beat you". Even if he loses occasionally, he will beat the one who beat him badly the next time they meet, like what we saw happened to LYI at this AG. This to me is something like "killer instinct", or can also be called "confidence", "arrogence", "fighting spirit" etc. It sounds like this is what LD has and LCW doesn't, at least at the moment .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smashko
    If what you said is true about LCW's admitting that his opponents are better, that means LCW is lack of fighting spirit or confidence. I read somewhere that LD never accepts that his opponents are better. When he faces his opponent on BAD court, the idea in his mind is "I am better and I can beat you and I will beat you". Even if he loses occasionally, he will beat the one who beat him badly the next time they meet, like what we saw happened to LYI at this AG. This to me is something like "killer instinct", or can also be called "confidence", "arrogence", "fighting spirit" etc. It sounds like this is what LD has and LCW doesn't, at least at the moment .
    I don't see LCW lacking confidence or fighting spirit vs TH. TH himself admitted it was tough playing LCW and LCW was not even in peak form because his training was curtailed after his accident.
    As for LD, how do you think he looked when he faced TH in the Final? Don't believe everything LD says. LYB is a small con. Sometimes LD is a mini small con until he faces TH then the con disappears.
    Have patience and faith in LCW. Barring unforseen circumstances , he will arrived. In the meantime he will still keep you in suspense.Have some tea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    A)For people who have actually watch his semifinal game
    ===========================================

1) Impossible to say his mental is weak.
    2) Impossible to say he didn't play properly
    3) Impossible to say he didn't try all his best
    4) Impossible to blame hime because both LCW and taufik play very good badminton, but for that day, Taufik was just better.

B) For people who did not see the match but simply shoot their mouth
    ================================================== ====
    1) Go watch the match la. Now got broadband internet. Got Sendspace. GO DOWNLOAD LA!

c)If you did see the game but think LCW is otherwise, then all I can say is :-
    ================================================== =====
    1) YOU LOOK BUT YOU CAN NOT SEE. very sorry for you!!!
    2) If you see car coming, means can not cross ya. In case this you don't know.

D)To that reporter that wrote 'Lee Chong Wei just decided to lose to the Lee Hyun Ill' :-
    ============================================
    YOU ARE DAMN CHICKEN FOR NOT PUBLISHING YOUR NAME ALONG WITH YOUR REPORT!!!!

'nuff said

The Big Bad Mean Borneon BaddyNut @ TBBMBB(N)

I had a big reaction reading your respond. But i do agree that LCW played well. He just lost to a better player thats all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smashko
    Not true at all. Even Lindan admit that he lost to a better player than him that day in the Finals of MS. He also acknowledge that Lee Hyun Ill played far better than him in the Teams even. That doesnt mean that Lindan doesnt have confidence and Killer instinct. This also apply to LCW as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poor LCW must be feeling very stressed,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing is wrong with LCW. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Nothing is wrong with LCW. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
    Agree totally --- he played as hard as anyone else but Taufik was at his very best.

However, look out for him in the Malaysian Open next. He will be hard to beat with 3 Opens to his name already. I will be surprised if LD or Taufik turns up -- they know this is LCW's territory (he has got it marked like the proverbial bitch, LOL).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sir Dink too! sometimes you win and sometimes you lose LD is most scared or unconfident in Malaysia Opens twice he lost against LCW while leading!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is, LCW is doing great during the first half of the year is because others player are targeting to be in full form for the WC and AG. Since he also become no 2 (& no1) his games were being fully studied by his oppenents. While Lin Dan have the power and speed to depend on, LCW just can't do much.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast