User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 82
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jotaro
    The picture does not tell the truth which is why you need to download the movie from the link. I said CH's cheating, period.
    just because YOU say something doesnt mean it's true. unless you get conclusive evidence (that video/picture is NOT conclusive) there is no way to prove CH is cheating.

    remember, innocent until proven guilty.

  2. #19
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    Cheating by altering the shuttle is usually done on your own serve, because otherwise you have to give the shuttle to your opponent and they get to look at it and choose to change it if they want.
    I couldn't agree more!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    I couldn't agree more!
    Altering the shuttle during the match breaches the code of conduct and laws of the game. Just remember friends it's not our local gym/ club play. At international level all these are illegal offences, especially doing it hiding with back to the opponent and the match referee.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jember, INA
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgao_net
    .............., innocent until proven guilty.

    I think what is discussing here is "guilty until proven innocent"........

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Malaysia, USA
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgao_net
    (that video/picture is NOT conclusive) there is no way to prove CH is cheating.

    ...innocent until proven guilty.

    If you think the video can't tell CH is cheating, then you should provide your statement to convince some of the members here. By saying NOT conclusive didn't prove a damn thing of what we've seen on the video so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by By You
    I think what is discussing here is "guilty until proven innocent"........
    couldn't agree more lol

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jotaro
    If you think the video can't tell CH is cheating, then you should provide your statement to convince some of the members here. By saying NOT conclusive didn't prove a damn thing of what we've seen on the video so far.



    couldn't agree more lol
    remember that it's "innocent until proven guilty". because you think he's GUILTY of cheating, you have to show CONCLUSIVE evidence or else he's "free to walk"

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, we need more proves here ...

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,638
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgao_net
    remember that it's "innocent until proven guilty". because you think he's GUILTY of cheating, you have to show CONCLUSIVE evidence or else he's "free to walk"
    Remember there are two different kinds of counties on earth running 2 different type of justice systems - 1 is "Innocent until proven guilty" and the other is "Guilty until proven Innocent. I guess both you and I are in a place which is running the first type.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In China, it is guilty until proven innocent. So, CH should prove he is innocent...

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If a video evidence is not conclusive of cheating..then somebody should prove that it's NOT Chen Hong who is playing.

    Anyways friends next time you watch a badminton video look for how the shuttle is being handled...you may discover more of these cheating caught on camera.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jember, INA
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    If a video evidence is not conclusive of cheating..then somebody should prove that it's NOT Chen Hong who is playing.

    Anyways friends next time you watch a badminton video look for how the shuttle is being handled...you may discover more of these cheating caught on camera.

    IMO, it's true that a single snapshot or video at glance is not conclusive of cheating.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my view of CH turning away from his opponent, with the shuttle in
    his hand is really just a way of regaining wind... so dat while he
    does not face his opponent, he can choose not 2 return the shuttle
    back to TH to start another rally... yet.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UCSD - La Jolla, California
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this is all getting blown out of poportion since in theory if I smooth out the feathers on a bird while playing a game, I would be altering the flight path of the bird deliberately and therfore I would be cheating. Under the scrutany of many of you guys, that would be caught on camera and called cheating. The same if I do anything to the bird. As far as I kno, squeezing the bird like that, especially tournement grade birds does not do much in terms of flight path alterations. Another possibility is like bigfatfish suggested. What if he is doing that to regain mental focus and giving the bird a squeeze is just a way of reconfirming his confidence?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    Correct me if I am wrong. I understand Chen Hong requires the shuttle to be fast to suit his style of play (attacking all the time) but for Bao CL, doesn't his style of play require a slower shuttle as he is always on the defensive. Why would he tamper with shuttle and try to make it faster, especially when he is playing Taufik who happen to have a very powerful smash.
    maybe hes making it slower

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ROFL after reading all of this, eagle and all of u such apparently u guys have created some grudges against Chinese Players obviously for the reasons that they are too good but clearly think about. In a crowd of such, with judges and refs sitting everywhere do u think that move cud possibily be counted as a cheating move? LOL

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As i know,China is one of the nations that would do anything to get a win,even sometimes they have to violate the rules.They don't really respects sportivity,just the result,is which is a victory.
    From what i have seen,there's still some uncertainty i have,of what CH was doing.But,shouldn't he just change the shuttle when it's should be changed,instead of just doing something to it.They didnt pay for it,unlike us,so,it's unnecessary to do it.Simply just ask the ball umpire to change it.The shutter will be much better than when u do tricks about it,unless if..HE got some other intentions.

    So,even if CH didnt cheat,he surely violates the rule of IBF about tampering or doing tricks to the shuttle.So,why bother?Just simply change the shuttle.
    Last edited by Smichz; 05-29-2007 at 11:18 AM.

  17. #34
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well they do it all the time. I've heard , i've seen and i've been told by the players too. And some even taught me how..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Was Lance Armstrong CHEATING?
    By RSLvictorSOTX in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 71
    : 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM
  2. Was Chen Jin cheating?
    By bogensaebel in forum World Championships 2010
    Replies: 430
    : 09-02-2010, 02:07 AM
  3. Was Taufik cheating?
    By ThePlayer in forum World Championships 2010
    Replies: 13
    : 08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
  4. cheating...using the NSS
    By wing-omega5-0 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 16
    : 10-19-2006, 03:59 AM
  5. chen hong and bao chun lai
    By GTO-demon in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 7
    : 12-26-2005, 01:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •