User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventhough Ia m Indonesian...I have to say that LD has a slightly advantage or better than TH ( age, stamina, speed,deception shot) but tonight TH was so confident after winning first set and TH would not let it go on 2nd set...LD was too anxious to get to 3rd set...it is ironic that Chinese did not win any Gold for women/men/double....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that I predicted right this time. I said the first game is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy6713
    Eventhough Ia m Indonesian...I have to say that LD has a slightly advantage or better than TH ( age, stamina, speed,deception shot) but tonight TH was so confident after winning first set and TH would not let it go on 2nd set...LD was too anxious to get to 3rd set...it is ironic that Chinese did not win any Gold for women/men/double....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My take even before I watched the match..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Taufik played well, Lin Dan knew that and couldn't feel comfortable in his own play (hence more mistakes than usual), so Taufik won. Taufik's netplay was really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoublesPlayer
    ... because TH promised his country and fans that he would win ... ...

okay, seriuos now ...

Both TH and LD played well, but LD was nervous on the second game, if he took the second game, who knows what would happen in the third game, most likely LD would be the winner.

The prove that LD was nervous was at score 17 - 20 for LD, LD made 4 unforced errors, either out or hit the net. TH only killed LD at the end with the net play, where TH is good at.

Anyway, congrats to both TH and LD for winning the Gold and Silver, well deserved ...
    ..okay, eventhough i haven't watched the match yet , but after reading thru these posts, it reaffirms what i said yesterday, that "whoever controls the tempo and can sustain it consistently thruout will win and stand on that podium and claim the title"..
    Looking at how it ended, it looks like Taufik was in control "most" of the time, eventhough he trailed late in the 2nd set..Clinching 5 straight points is even remarkable..
    And as i suspected, I thought Taufik's bread and butter, the netplay, was the difference and i wasn't surprised at all he used for his victory..

My personal feeling, i think this title is probably the "sweetest" one for Taufik, esp. after what he had gone thru this whole yr, with so many turmoils and ups and downs(in personal life as well as professionally as an athlete), and now ending on a positive note. Not only that, but i believe this is the only *major title* that Taufik has defended back to back..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-09-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this thread opened to analyse why he lost or just to tease him around????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    My personal feeling, i think this title is probably the "sweetest" one for Taufik, esp. after what he had gone thru this whole yr, with so many turmoils and ups and downs(in personal life as well as professionally as an athlete), and now ending on a positive note. Not only that, but i believe this is the only *major title* that Taufik has defended back to back..
    You can see his outburst of emotion after the winning shot...and also Mulyo Handoyo's smile! It will be one of his sweetest titles, beating Park Sung Hwan, Bao Chunlai, Lee Chong Wei, and now his greatest rival...Lin Dan! As I mentioned in the earlier thread....if only we see this version of Taufik in every grand prix tournament that he competes in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Btw..where's Taufik's back injury??..

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    As I mentioned in the earlier thread....if only we see this version of Taufik in every grand prix tournament that he competes in
    ..i guess Taufik's back injury suddenly disappeared???..Wow, it healed so fast..hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's almost as if..

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    As I mentioned in the earlier thread....if only we see this version of Taufik in every grand prix tournament that he competes in
    ..for every 3-4 victories for LD, Taufik will win one and so forth...So if there are 4 or 5 tournaments where LD and TH compete in or encounter each other, LD will win 75%(3 out of 4) or 80%(4 out 5) of the time...Leaving the remaining 20% to 25% chance for TH to grab the other victory..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD lost because...

...Taufik won.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's better wait and see the upcoming events. Hope we can see many encounters of these two unique guys to see if your theory still applies

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..for every 3-4 victories for LD, Taufik will win one and so forth...So if there are 4 or 5 tournaments where LD and TH compete in or encounter each other, LD will win 75%(3 out of 4) or 80%(4 out 5) of the time...Leaving the remaining 20% to 25% chance for TH to grab the other victory..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IndoBOLEHH
    Let's better wait and see the upcoming events. Hope we can see many encounters of these two unique guys to see if your theory still applies
    Well here's my theory and it's now actually been made a Law of Badminton! Here it goes:

If Lin Dan wins...
    ...Taufik loses.

If Taufik wins...
    ...Lin Dan loses.

If Lin Dan loses...
    ...Taufik wins.

If Taufik loses...
    ...Lin Dan wins.

Wow, I'm pretty smart for a panda huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....you damn righttttttttttttt

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Well here's my theory and it's now actually been made a Law of Badminton! Here it goes:

If Lin Dan wins...
    ...Taufik loses.

If Taufik wins...
    ...Lin Dan loses.

If Lin Dan loses...
    ...Taufik wins.

If Taufik loses...
    ...Lin Dan wins.

Wow, I'm pretty smart for a panda huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must be because LD saw XXF sat near handsome Korean player :

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003
    must be because LD saw XXF sat near handsome Korean player :

I think he's Lee Dong Soo right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that LD always beat TH in 3 sets and TH beat mostly in 2 sets if I am not wrong....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was laughing reading below 'funny' post stating such scenario. But then after MS final, then this scenario could happened again, but different actors. Maybe we can give some credits to LHI for his 'wisdom' in his match against LD in SF where LD completely dominated him. LHI must have figured instead facing 'determined' TH in the final then it's better for him to let LD win and face TH in the final, and with such huge confidence after easy victory (with lots of reserved tank), I can't believe that it turned out differently in the final for LD. He looked like no confidence in that match, maybe he has forgotten that he has 5-0 record this year over TH prior to that match (2-0 in the past 2 weeks), also he kept looking at his coach every time he made (unforced) errors, seems like asking for direction or strategy. or could it be because LD was frustated that he couldn't unleash his 'reserved' tank during that match?

hopefully with this defeat, he will come back strongly again next year like what he did when he fell in OG and WC2005.

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    Lin Dan definitely proved that he is the best there is in the present era... so dominant. Credits go to him for unbelievable performance today.

Also, I like to give some credits to Hafiz for his wisdom in his match against LHI yesterday. Hafiz must have figure that instead of getting beat by LD for the 4th or 5th times this year, it is better for him(in terms of confidence) to let LD unleash his anger on LHI, so Hafiz decided to throw away his "11" match points when the score was Hafiz 20-9 LHI... then gave up the 2nd game... He is a genius.. or else it would have been LD whooping Hafiz's butt instead of LHI's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    I think he's Lee Dong Soo right?
    yeah...not sure where his right hand might be...

and Lin Dan couldnt concentrate when Lee Dong Soo's hand disappeared behind xxf's back.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael
    yeah...not sure where his right hand might be...

and Lin Dan couldnt concentrate when Lee Dong Soo's hand disappeared behind xxf's back.....
    lol, LD heard a Oooo instead of Jai yoo from XXF

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast