User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 177
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    lol, LD heard a Oooo instead of Jai yoo from XXF

    Maybe its all part of Taufik's psychological warfare against Lin Dan by getting Lee Dong Soo to penetrate into Lin Dan's greatest weakness... xxf...

    This might be the reason why Lindan couldnt unlease his powerful smashes.

    So next time, Lin Dan should know better... muahahahah...

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default replying eskey post taken from another thread to stay in topic

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    It seems to me that LD also tried to challenge TH at the net. Instead of avoiding net play, lots of TH net play were returned again by LD at the net, that's why TH got easy kill (maybe no choice or worry to lift the shuttle?). Even the commentator said, if LD wants to turn around this match he has to avoid play at the net with TH. I am not sure, was it instructed by the coach, like CH in World Champ, where he challenged TH at the net and he succeeded, but this time it didn't work for LD.

    I noticed also in that match TH didn't smash a lot, was it because LD didn't lift the shuttle very often, or maybe TH wants to play patient game rather than power game? hardly i saw 'powerful' smash from TH (like he used to do), most of TH smashes can be returned by LD.

    When i saw the medal presentation ceremony, it's like a repeat of World Championship in 2005, but this time Lee Hyun Ill has taken Peter Gade's place for bronze hehe.

    However, congrats to Taufik, this victory is so 'sweet' for him. He proved me wrong, as I predicted that Taufik will not take the Gold due to stamina, but he showed that his skill, strategy and determination overcome his 'lack' of stamina.
    it is very common for players to get back the lost point with an equivalent techinque or stroke which his opponent used on him/her. In the LD vs TH, this trait is very evidenced to me. Given LD success lately with TH, LD seem to willing to risk some rallies to net duel with TH. Of course this is an emotional based decision instead of playing each rally to maximize chances to win. If u watch the JO, LD spent the first match 'playing' nets with TH which led LD losing his first match at JO. However it was a tactical mistake by LD to repeat this silliness because he thot he can just win the next 2 sets like in JO. TH is a smart player, each tournament he learned and pick up each player technique. LD relied on his old formula of JO but failed because TH adjusted his play style for this AG MS final.

    I watched the JO and AG team singles event, and have no doubt TH remembered LD stroke style. LD should play TH this time like he played LCW at the HKO, go all out to take the 1st, drag on the 2nd to tire out LCW and lose the 2nd set, and finish the tired lcw on the 3rd. TH knows he can only win if he take 2 games.

    Changes TH made for this match:

    - TH smashing less, he knows LD can dive save with interest payment TH is reading LD jumpsmash better to predict a straight or cross court smash.
    -TH is playing safe and less error prone shots. ie, let LD make the errors which is exactly what happened. LD panicked and led him to make even more simple unforced errors. This explains why LD look nervous. TH read that and increase his concentration - like saying to himself that he has a good chance to take the 2nd game too. TH timed his momentum run at the right moment,
    - at the team event, TH netted a shot on his left side and LD pounce on it with a net tap. The shuttle sailed at an extreme angle & landed in on TH's far right hand side for a point to LD. At today match, exact net shot was pounced on by LD but this time TH just stick out his AT700 to intercept the shuttle sailing the same trajectory as before. Even if TH had closed his eye he could intercepted that net tap by LD.

    Overall, LD was complacent and didnt have a fresh plan to beat TH while TH used his experience learned from his past lost and throw them back at LD. LD thot he could just smash his way through like the way he demolished LHI sequel match.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-09-2006 at 08:33 PM.

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    lol. first time I saw a "Why Lin Dan lost". It usually is a " Why Taufik Lost"

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think TH made significantly less errors. There are many wide smashes, wide drops, wide clears, into the net, etc. And LD didn't do bad this time at net. Basically, TH uses his net play to scare LD instead of hoping to directly win the point there. The plan is to pull LD forward and then do baseline control. Same tactic as LHI did in the team final.

    Also I don't think LD uses his 2nd HKO game to tire LCW. 8:21 (if my memory does not fail me) cannot tire anyone. It's like Simon's 3:15 loss to PR in 04 Thomas cup. PR alive and kicking in the 2nd game LOL. My guess is that LCW got too excited and tired himself up emotionally since this is the first time he beated LD so convincingly in one set. So he seemed a bit exhausted in the 3rd game.

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    it is very common for players to get back the lost point with an equivalent techinque or stroke which his opponent used on him/her. In the LD vs TH, this trait is very evidenced to me. Given LD success lately with TH, LD seem to willing to risk some rallies to net duel with TH. Of course this is an emotional based decision instead of playing each rally to maximize chances to win. If u watch the JO, LD spent the first match 'playing' nets with TH which led LD losing his first match at JO. However it was a tactical mistake by LD to repeat this silliness because he thot he can just win the next 2 sets like in JO. TH is a smart player, each tournament he learned and pick up each player technique. LD relied on his old formula of JO but failed because TH adjusted his play style for this AG MS final.

    I watched the JO and AG team singles event, and have no doubt TH remembered LD stroke style. LD should play TH this time like he played LCW at the HKO, go all out to take the 1st, drag on the 2nd to tire out LCW and lose the 2nd set, and finish the tired lcw on the 3rd. TH knows he can only win if he take 2 games.

    Changes TH made for this match:

    - TH smashing less, he knows LD can dive save with interest payment TH is reading LD jumpsmash better to predict a straight or cross court smash.
    -TH is playing safe and less error prone shots. ie, let LD make the errors which is exactly what happened. LD panicked and led him to make even more simple unforced errors. This explains why LD look nervous. TH read that and increase his concentration - like saying to himself that he has a good chance to take the 2nd game too. TH timed his momentum run at the right moment,
    - at the team event, TH netted a shot on his left side and LD pounce on it with a net tap. The shuttle sailed at an extreme angle & landed in on TH's far right hand side for a point to LD. At today match, exact net shot was pounced on by LD but this time TH just stick out his AT700 to intercept the shuttle sailing the same trajectory as before. Even if TH had closed his eye he could intercepted that net tap by LD.

    Overall, LD was complacent and didnt have a fresh plan to beat TH while TH used his experience learned from his past lost and throw them back at LD. LD thot he could just smash his way through like the way he demolished LHI sequel match.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    I don't think TH made significantly less errors. There are many wide smashes, wide drops, wide clears, into the net, etc. And LD didn't do bad this time at net. Basically, TH uses his net play to scare LD instead of hoping to directly win the point there. The plan is to pull LD forward and then do baseline control. Same tactic as LHI did in the team final.

    Also I don't think LD uses his 2nd HKO game to tire LCW. 8:21 (if my memory does not fail me) cannot tire anyone. It's like Simon's 3:15 loss to PR in 04 Thomas cup. PR alive and kicking in the 2nd game LOL. My guess is that LCW got too excited and tired himself up emotionally since this is the first time he beated LD so convincingly in one set. So he seemed a bit exhausted in the 3rd game.
    my point was TH made less unforced errors. Side out smashes i dont considered unforced errors. TH has to put the smashes inches from the line or else LD picks them up. More closer the line, more risk, more chances to go out. Not an error in decision making, just a calculated risk.

    well, i saw the HKO match, LCW was tired out on the 3rd game from about 15 point onward.

  6. #40
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    LD relied on his old formula of JO but failed because TH adjusted his play style for this AG MS final.

    Overall, LD was complacent and didnt have a fresh plan to beat TH while TH used his experience learned from his past lost and throw them back at LD. LD thot he could just smash his way through like the way he demolished LHI sequel match.
    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    The plan is to pull LD forward and then do baseline control. Same tactic as LHI did in the team final.
    cooler & ye333, nice inputs there(some snipped for brevity)..
    however, for the above comments, i'm on the same boat as you both...I haven't seen the LD vs. LHI Men's Team event Final, but i would guess that was the tactic employed by LHI..
    Well, i guess that's why they play the game and it's always a constant change of plans & strategies...Next game, the losing player can/will adjust and win and so forth etc...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-09-2006 at 09:26 PM.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hidayat gets sweet revenge over arch rival Lin in Asian Games badminton final by Trudy Harris
    Sat Dec 9, 1:05 PM ET

    DOHA (AFP) - Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat scored sweet revenge over arch rival Lin Dan, beating the world No.1 to lift the Asian Games badminton singles title.


    Hong Kong's Wang Chen won the women's final, defeating teammate Yip Pui Yin 21-14, 22-20 for the territory's first Asian Games badminton title.

    Hidayat overcame some second game nerves to beat the Chinese star 21-15, 22-20 in a tense match in front of a cheering, flag-waving Indonesian crowd.

    After securing the first game and going 17-20 down in the second, he saved three game points to take the title, sending the crowd into a screaming frenzy.

    "I lost in the team event and it was playing on my mind. I wanted to win the first game for sure. He was fast in the second game and I wanted to stay with him and with endurance I did," said the Indonesian star.

    The defending champion said his personal rivalry with Lin did not have an impact on the game, and he offered an olive branch of sorts.

    "I never speak to him because I don't speak Mandarin and he doesn't speak Indonesian. But we are okay," the seventh seed said in English.

    "Everything is okay, I think maybe the media blows these things up."

    Lin and the bronze medallists declined to attend the post-match news conference, where the world champion would have sat alongside Hidayat, prompting the Indonesian to say with a grin: "Ask him why he didn't show up."

    Tensions have been simmering between the two since Hidayat launched an astonishing personal attack on Lin last Friday, saying he was arrogant and unfriendly.

    The comments backfired spectacularly with the 25-year-old losing twice to Lin in the team competition, both times in three games.

    Lin conceded that Hidayat had played the better match, and he was feeling the pressure in the second game.

    "Taufik played much better than I expected," he said.

    "When I was leading 20-17 I felt I wanted to win so much. That's why I lost eventually."

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why LinDan lost? cause he is playing a game, theres winner and loser?
    hope we can analyse what lindan did wrong rather than just saying lindan can do better and taufik was lucky and stuff, makes alot of fans argue and quarrel

  9. #43
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    "I never speak to him because I don't speak Mandarin and he doesn't speak Indonesian. But we are okay," the seventh seed said in English.

    "Everything is okay, I think maybe the media blows these things up."
    That's good to hear . Looks like we've got it settled then - "the media blows these things up" .

    Anyway thanks for the good summary cooler (in a previous post) , I'm yet to see the match but it sounds quite interesting (smart play etc.).

  10. #44
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    because XXF also failed ........

    so, both LD and XXF made a promise to make in 2010 ......

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Taufik read the game well and played his shots early, especially in the first set and towards the middle of the 2nd set. He lost some steam midway but managed to hold on for the win. LD was under too much pressure after losing the 1st set. I think he may have been overconfident of taking the game easily and was surpised by Taufik's inspired play. Also, LD's net play was nowhere compared to Taufik.

    Let's see how they fare in a rematch.

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    206
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyel
    Taufik read the game well and played his shots early, especially in the first set and towards the middle of the 2nd set. He lost some steam midway but managed to hold on for the win. LD was under too much pressure after losing the 1st set. I think he may have been overconfident of taking the game easily and was surpised by Taufik's inspired play. Also, LD's net play was nowhere compared to Taufik.

    Let's see how they fare in a rematch.
    I think LD just overconfident he will win the 1st set so LD shocked when TH win the 1st game and he cant focus in the 2nd set..
    But,i'm really happy LD lose to TH...

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I noticed Taufik is using a lot less backhand which showed he wasn't being lazy. Whenever Lin Dan cleared to his backhand side, he would use his forehand most of the time. I thought that was a good sign.

    I think Taufik is still not 100%. His net play is still phenomenal, but when used to do his tumbling drops before and got a steep lift, he would run back and do a jump smash kill usually. But now, his touch is there but when he gets the lift, he drops it or he does a half smash. He's not able to use his jump smash, I don't know if it's from lack of fitness or what.

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flymordecai
    I noticed Taufik is using a lot less backhand which showed he wasn't being lazy. Whenever Lin Dan cleared to his backhand side, he would use his forehand most of the time. I thought that was a good sign.

    I think Taufik is still not 100%. His net play is still phenomenal, but when used to do his tumbling drops before and got a steep lift, he would run back and do a jump smash kill usually. But now, his touch is there but when he gets the lift, he drops it or he does a half smash. He's not able to use his jump smash, I don't know if it's from lack of fitness or what.
    He smashes more during LCW's game. Perhaps he's still tired when facing LD?

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD lost that's sad but congrats toTH! he got his gold at last, in his last AG haha

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD was leading 20-17 in the 2nd set and lost he lost like this again haha

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,676
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    LD was leading 20-17 in the 2nd set and lost he lost like this again haha
    he...he

    sweet revenge ....

    in 2nd set when LD bombard TH with jumping smashes and leading 16:11, i predicted TH would lose and had no chance in 3rd set ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which one is a "worse" loss? Lose by a lot or lose by a little?
    By Capnx in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 10
    : 06-11-2011, 03:55 PM
  2. Why does Lin Dan lose?
    By coryprice in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 33
    : 12-04-2007, 11:26 AM
  3. KKK/TBH lose again???
    By alfa-2 in forum Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007
    Replies: 88
    : 11-25-2007, 07:16 AM
  4. Why did LHI win/LD lose?
    By ye333 in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 68
    : 12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
  5. I always lose.
    By kaitamasaki in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 25
    : 09-14-2006, 10:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •