User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy

In fact, the only player that I actually dislike with a passion is KKK from Malaysia simply because of the silly way he acts in a game.. watch Thomas cup semi(Malay vs Den), and see how many times KKK shakes his a$$ prior to CCM or the Danes' serves... and how idiotic he acts when he scores a point... but I don't bash him much except this time... I think you can be very cocky as a doubles player if you are as good or better than like the great ones: Tony, Sigit, Candra, Kim Dong Moon...etc.. but this guy is far from being there at the moment.
    Hmm.. actually KKK is nth compared to LD's nude shows and the silly army gestures . And also, at tis moment KKK is not among the greats yet, but definitely better then CY/FHF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    Hmm.. actually KKK is nth compared to LD's nude shows and the silly army gestures . And also, at tis moment KKK is not among the greats yet, but definitely better then CY/FHF.
    Nude shows = too good. but not from Lin Dan... maybe XXF... just kidding.

Man shaking a$$ > army gestures... hmmm... you must be kidding...

Many teams are better than CY/FHF until Fu can get a better partner in my opinion... not that Cai is not good but just not good enough... or just me have high expectations.

Like I said, CY/FHF, KKK, and all the other young pairs should not be cocky for they are still far away from being GREAT !!! Learn more, play better, win more then you have all the rights to be COCKY if you choose to. Until then, be more humble and it is much better than eating your own words and shooting yourself in the foot.
    Last edited by bananaboy; 12-10-2006 at 08:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    LD lost that's sad but congrats toTH! he got his gold at last, in his last AG haha
    This is Taufik's SECOND AG gold... He got his first one in 2002 in Busan... Taufik has been around for a long time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Taufik... Now it is only the ALL ENGLAND title that is left for you to grab. May you meet Lin Dan in the 2007 All England finals... We shall be watching... Indonesia loves you! Your face was in every major newspaper today...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna
    Ok, Taufik... Your face was in every major newspaper today...
    I wish Canada would pay so much attention to badminton, then maybe 10 years ago... I would have turned pro, instead of playing in fun tournament these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At top level, these athletes can probably beat each other in competition, and the only distinction then is their mental prowess. Many have already commented on TH's desire to win, which gives him an edge in terms of mental strength. The fact that LD lost those last crucial few points through unforced errors only goes to show his lack of mettle and composure. I've no doubt of his physical abilities though, but think that wasn't enough against another player with skills as good as he is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happywolfie
    At top level, these athletes can probably beat each other in competition, and the only distinction then is their mental prowess. Many have already commented on TH's desire to win, which gives him an edge in terms of mental strength. The fact that LD lost those last crucial few points through unforced errors only goes to show his lack of mettle and composure. I've no doubt of his physical abilities though, but think that wasn't enough against another player with skills as good as he is.
    I find it amazing that brand new member knows so much(this is your 1st post)... were you "banned" and now create a new account??? Or you just don't want to use your other "account"???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nude shows = too good. but not from Lin Dan... maybe XXF... just kidding.

Man shaking a$$ > army gestures... hmmm... you must be kidding...

Many teams are better than CY/FHF until Fu can get a better partner in my opinion... not that Cai is not good but just not good enough... or just me have high expectations.

Like I said, CY/FHF, KKK, and all the other young pairs should not be cocky for they are still far away from being GREAT !!! Learn more, play better, win more then you have all the rights to be COCKY if you choose to. Until then, be more humble and it is much better than eating your own words and shooting yourself in the foot.
    Well, I don't think KKK is an arrogant person and I'm curious why some ppl want to compare him with the legends Tony, Sigit, Chandra, etc. KKK himself also NEVER say he is as great as them. As you know, KKK is just 21 this year. Normally for 21 yrs old guys, they won't look humble. They are more high-spirited and always want to do something fancy, which make other ppl think they are cocky. You cannot expect a 21 yrs old guy act like over 30s.
    Yes maybe some of his gestures during the game are ugly and funny as commented by some ppl. As long as the gestures do not insult the opponents, I think there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I think some of the China players are really arrogant regardless of their ages and never respect other countries' players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Fame, son, is the price you pay for doing your job well". -Bill Shankly-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wached the whole game finally. First of all, congratulations to Taufik for winning the gold.

Read some postings saying Taufik perfomred superbly in the match, I can not really agree after watching the match. I also watched his matches in Japan Open Final and Chine Open and World cup, I think he might be a little bit better than at that time. But not a lot of improvements for sure. I guess this is really his top form now. He won the match mostly because Lin Dan underperfomed a little bit this time. (Lin Dan will need to figure out why he underperfomed this time in order to make sure he can beat Taufik in future important encounters. too much pressure, mental weakness or what? ) Lin Dan was nervous in the first game, and commited 4 errors after he led 20:17 in the second game. But he was in form during the rest of the second game, Taufik cound not really do much. Lin Dan even beat him at net serveral times, not to mention his trademark smashes which left Taufik no way to retrieve.

Compared with 04 Olympics and 05 World Champions, Taufik misses one of his major weapons now, which is his powerful backcourt smash. When his opponent lifts to the baseline, Taufik can seldom deliver a lethal smash now. If he still has his smash, I would say Lin Dan would not be able to beat him 4 times in 2006 befor losing this one. And I believe Lin Dan will still be able to beat him in future games (so long as Lin Dan play his normal games) if Taufik still can not get his smash back.

howerver, still credit to Taufik given that even without his lethal smash, he could still manager to beat Lin Dan once. Even when he lost, he could still manage to get a game from Lin Dan most of the times.

Overall, Lin Dan is still the best player in the circuit with no doubt. you can not judge a player by one match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bzhang1108
    Overall, Lin Dan is still the best player in the circuit with no doubt. you can not judge a player by one match.
    Agree 100%, you cannot. Good post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you say Taufik did not perform superbly after beating the best player in the circuit in the men's singles finals? Now I wonder if Taufik performed superbly for you, then Lin Dan should get thrashed...haha...
    Lin Dan underperformed in the finals? are you nuts? he's got the whole china nation sitting on his shoulders!!! what was he thinking about? Lee Dong Soo sitting next to xxf? hehe... maybe it was what he did the night before that caused the problem... coz I heard LYB scolded xxf but not sure about it. Ah yeah... xxf also lost in her event in the semi's... maybe there is something there to ponder about...

Lin Dan beat Taufik at the net several times? please count first how many times Taufik beat Lin Dan at the net and count how many times Lin Dan beat Taufik at the net.

Why should Lin Dan be nervous??? he has beaten Taufik numerous times before and been in umpteenth times of finals including wc06... You mean he was more nervous than Taufik??? c'mon dude... I think both equally nervous la.... and both have so much pressure sitting on their shoulders dude....
    and I dont think its mental pressure too... he has been in all sorts of pressure cooker situations with LCW...

Please count how many trade mark smashes that Lin Dan made outright winners of against all the smashes he did during the game. I think Taufik retrieved a whole lot of it during the match...

Maybe Taufik had another game plan, which did not include hard smashes as Lin Dan is very good at retrieving those kinds of shots. Instead he changed the pace of the smash everytime he smashed so that everytime Lin Dan return the smash it was something different to deal with.

It is correct to say that Taufik has much less stamina now compared to previously.

To add further and summarize it, Taufik beat Lin Dan at the net and won the soft touch game.

It is correct to say that Lin Dan is the best player in terms of ranking. But in my opinion, passion for the game still goes to Taufik.

Quote Originally Posted by bzhang1108
    Wached the whole game finally. First of all, congratulations to Taufik for winning the gold.

Read some postings saying Taufik perfomred superbly in the match, I can not really agree after watching the match. I also watched his matches in Japan Open Final and Chine Open and World cup, I think he might be a little bit better than at that time. But not a lot of improvements for sure. I guess this is really his top form now. He won the match mostly because Lin Dan underperfomed a little bit this time. (Lin Dan will need to figure out why he underperfomed this time in order to make sure he can beat Taufik in future important encounters. too much pressure, mental weakness or what? ) Lin Dan was nervous in the first game, and commited 4 errors after he led 20:17 in the second game. But he was in form during the rest of the second game, Taufik cound not really do much. Lin Dan even beat him at net serveral times, not to mention his trademark smashes which left Taufik no way to retrieve.

Compared with 04 Olympics and 05 World Champions, Taufik misses one of his major weapons now, which is his powerful backcourt smash. When his opponent lifts to the baseline, Taufik can seldom deliver a lethal smash now. If he still has his smash, I would say Lin Dan would not be able to beat him 4 times in 2006 befor losing this one. And I believe Lin Dan will still be able to beat him in future games (so long as Lin Dan play his normal games) if Taufik still can not get his smash back.

howerver, still credit to Taufik given that even without his lethal smash, he could still manager to beat Lin Dan once. Even when he lost, he could still manage to get a game from Lin Dan most of the times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Well here's my theory and it's now actually been made a Law of Badminton! Here it goes:

If Lin Dan wins...
    ...Taufik loses.

If Taufik wins...
    ...Lin Dan loses.

If Lin Dan loses...
    ...Taufik wins.

If Taufik loses...
    ...Lin Dan wins.

Wow, I'm pretty smart for a panda huh?

wah...so good... u answer.. haha..
    1 match must got 1 win and lost lo...
    so TH win lo..yes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianfan
    And Xie XIng Fang said that if not because of the Indonesian supporters, Lin Dan would have won that match.
    Tell XXF to shut up ( I hope she read English)...in team event, many Indonesian supporters did not cause Lin dan lose and he beat TH twice...

XXF and LD should not use excuse...I remembered when I was in Guang Zhou...China fans were crazy and as loud as Indonesian fans...

If you lose..you lose...no excuses !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just for the record..head to head between LD and TH...LD is a still ahead 11-10...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's funny mean to you??????????

Bananasssss!!!!!!!....as your nick is Bananas! What's funny from his expression?

That looks funny and much better than crying... but I have to respect him for not throwing his racket after winning the match, as I think throwing racket means you don't even love your own racket which helps you win your matches...

I won't ever pick a shuttle up with my racket, because I refuse to damage my racket in any way possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finish watching the game and wow.. and the way everything was played remind me of Taufik in olympic04, coming in as underdog and winning the entire thing...
    He definatly had more patience and played more basic strokes instead of all those wild fancy backhand smash..
    And Taufik still has the smash and all to whoever said he doesn't, I think they both played superbly well, and yes I do think LD underestimated TH, thinking he could play his normal game to beat him.. if only LD attacked more like he did the 2nd game he might had the chance to win...
    But Taufik definatly had up his defensive play, I love how he retrive majority of LD's smash! just wonderful

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast