Results 86 to 102 of 177
Thread: why did LD lose?
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM #86Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
12-10-2006, 05:38 PM #87Originally Posted by Simp84
Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2006 at 05:43 PM.
12-10-2006, 06:16 PM #88Originally Posted by ctjcad
I think it was the same dilemma in WC05 for LD where he was holding back too much, afriad to attempt risky shots trying to play it safe.. without his wild smash it was difficult to win against taufik because naturally TH will just dominate at the net, hence setting up smashes...
But I noticed Taufik never really give the lift away like what he did for the past couple of month, all his shots are quite flat and he is constantly pushing the shuttle down and forcing LD to lift it..
From what I see Taufik is the one using up most stamina pushing himself to limit by constantly attacking while LD still has quite a lot of reserve for 3rd game
And maybe the lost could be due to teammates' underperformance.. especially XXF
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM #89Originally Posted by Simp84
Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2006 at 06:46 PM.
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM #90
LHI could have done TH a favor. LD took out his anger on LHI, beating LHI in record point spread and maybe even in duration. This feat consumed alot of LD's energy and even motiviation to win again over TH
12-10-2006, 07:21 PM #91Originally Posted by cooler
12-10-2006, 07:23 PM #92
LD lost because he was denied the jumping cross smashes which TH had placed most of the shuttles to the corners or the net with little time for LD to execute it. A repeat of Ronald Susilo's win during the Olympic. There is no denying fact, LD was nervous when TH played superbly.
12-10-2006, 07:33 PM #93Originally Posted by Simp84
12-10-2006, 08:24 PM #94
ah actually it's really simple the reason why lin dan lost. it's because taufik want to win this match especially with his powerful father in law watch the game.
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM #95
bascially th played a very patient game. main difference this time was th was able to anticipate majority of ld's smashes. the other main factor was the fact that th's tumbling net shot was awesome.
congrat's to th.
Originally Posted by JasonMichael
12-10-2006, 09:16 PM #96Originally Posted by ctjcad
12-10-2006, 09:28 PM #97
1. TH's weapon (net touch) was more effective than LD's weapon (jump smashes) on that game.
2. LD could not make use of his endurance advantage over TH cuz the game ended in two sets.
1. TH's different expectation to only perform all out in the big events is nothing more than his outstanding power of concentration.
2. Power of concentration makes people a genious. TH concentrated his mind and motivation more than any other players did for this event.
3. LD didn't seem to be comfortable with himself. It seemed to me LD looked at his coaches many times to ease his heavy pressure on the court. As for the reason, most likely LD didn't play the game he wanted to play.
Last edited by ssuly; 12-10-2006 at 09:35 PM.
12-10-2006, 10:07 PM #98Originally Posted by ctjcad
12-10-2006, 10:17 PM #99
sorry bit out of topic....
with this lost....
will he still come to Copenhagen Masters end of this month?
will LD 'explode' again in 2007, like after OG04 and WC05? so....we shall see in super series next year....what he's gonna do. maybe sort of 'unleashing' another 'anger' to another player?
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM #100Originally Posted by colingsk
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM #101
i don't know, but i think he was not in his best perfomance. many errors he made at that time. i saw xie xing fang felt nervous on the tv.
12-11-2006, 02:34 AM #102
- his determination to win disappeared probably LD's main goal is OG/08 not AG/06.
- huge pressure from LYB after almost all his compatriots have lost
- boring against TH, thrice in a week
- maybe LD want to make little charity here, delivering GOLD for INA (1 gold out from CHN contingent is not a big deal because CHN's #1 position is certainly unstoppable at medal-standing meanwhile 1 gold adding for INA is very2 meaningful). LOL, just joking!
By Capnx in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 10: 06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
By coryprice in forum China Professional PlayersReplies: 33: 12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
By alfa-2 in forum Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007Replies: 88: 11-25-2007, 08:16 AM
By ye333 in forum Asian Games 2006 - BadmintonReplies: 68: 12-06-2006, 10:45 PM
By kaitamasaki in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 25: 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM