User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    3. LD underestimated TH which is why he lost (he said it himself )
    ..underestimated Taufik??..hmm, so that does translate to LinDan basically "gave away" the title to Taufik??..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    And Taufik still has the smash and all to whoever said he doesn't, I think they both played superbly well, and yes I do think LD underestimated TH, thinking he could play his normal game to beat him.. if only LD attacked more like he did the 2nd game he might had the chance to win...
    But Taufik definatly had up his defensive play, I love how he retrive majority of LD's smash! just wonderful
    ..that's the thing that we(at least myself) were wondering...what happened or what's gotten into LinDan??..1st set was just very uncharacteristic of him, even early into the 2nd set...i mean, this is not the 1st or 2nd time he played against Taufik and of course he had won the last 2 encounters with Taufik, didn't he??..he(LinDan) wasn't physically tired, was he??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..that's the thing that we(at least myself) were wondering...what happened or what's gotten into LinDan??..1st set was just very uncharacteristic of him, even early into the 2nd set...i mean, this is not the 1st or 2nd time he played against Taufik and of course he had won the last 2 encounters with Taufik, didn't he??..he(LinDan) wasn't physically tired, was he??..
    I am not sure whether he was tied, but I doubt LD was tired.. he is definatly one of the fittest at the moment...

I think it was the same dilemma in WC05 for LD where he was holding back too much, afriad to attempt risky shots trying to play it safe.. without his wild smash it was difficult to win against taufik because naturally TH will just dominate at the net, hence setting up smashes...
    But I noticed Taufik never really give the lift away like what he did for the past couple of month, all his shots are quite flat and he is constantly pushing the shuttle down and forcing LD to lift it..
    From what I see Taufik is the one using up most stamina pushing himself to limit by constantly attacking while LD still has quite a lot of reserve for 3rd game
    And maybe the lost could be due to teammates' underperformance.. especially XXF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I noticed Taufik never really give the lift away like what he did for the past couple of month, all his shots are quite flat and he is constantly pushing the shuttle down and forcing LD to lift it..
    ..i noticed this esp. when the score was 17-20 with LinDan 1 pt away from forcing a rubber set and Taufik made it 18-20..After that it seemed like Taufik all of a sudden "woke up" and increased the pace of the rallies while LinDan was just "reacting/being on the defensive" on the subsequent pts, probably expecting Taufik to make an error or get one of those easy pts, rather than LD "forcing" the action on Taufik...The weird thing i noticed was the last pt, when Taufik returned LD's shot with a net shot and then LD just simply tapped it over, for the easy kill...It's like LD said to himself, knowing well Taufik was in the front, "OK, here's one for you, another net return from me, kill it or we'll go to the 3rd set"... ..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2006 at 05:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LHI could have done TH a favor. LD took out his anger on LHI, beating LHI in record point spread and maybe even in duration. This feat consumed alot of LD's energy and even motiviation to win again over TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    LHI could have done TH a favor. LD took out his anger on LHI, beating LHI in record point spread and maybe even in duration. This feat consumed alot of LD's energy and even motiviation to win again over TH
    or the other hand u can say he trash LHI so bad it could have boosted his confidence 10times

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD lost because he was denied the jumping cross smashes which TH had placed most of the shuttles to the corners or the net with little time for LD to execute it. A repeat of Ronald Susilo's win during the Olympic. There is no denying fact, LD was nervous when TH played superbly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or the other hand u can say he trash LHI so bad it could have boosted his confidence 10times
    yes of course i agree but a false confidence as anyone can see that LD (LYB) had no new game plan to handle TH. LD was over confidence in fact as he was still challenging TH at the net on the 2nd set. This reinforces my previous post regarding how LD beat LHI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah actually it's really simple the reason why lin dan lost. it's because taufik want to win this match especially with his powerful father in law watch the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bascially th played a very patient game. main difference this time was th was able to anticipate majority of ld's smashes. the other main factor was the fact that th's tumbling net shot was awesome.

congrat's to th.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael
    I would also add that Lin Dan does not have one major aspect of the game.
    that is the SOFT touch.. Taufik know's about this all too well, and those who really study the game will know what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

becos Lin dan got 'trapped' by taufik's gameplan, TH did many rallies back and forward combining with net play, TH didn't give LD a space to do a jumping smashes (ld's lethal weapon) and lin dan was so 'confused' or frustation and making quite a number of unforce erros, he always looked to LYB, his face said "help me please, i don't know what to do"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically:
    1. TH's weapon (net touch) was more effective than LD's weapon (jump smashes) on that game.
    2. LD could not make use of his endurance advantage over TH cuz the game ended in two sets.

Psychologically:
    1. TH's different expectation to only perform all out in the big events is nothing more than his outstanding power of concentration.
    2. Power of concentration makes people a genious. TH concentrated his mind and motivation more than any other players did for this event.
    3. LD didn't seem to be comfortable with himself. It seemed to me LD looked at his coaches many times to ease his heavy pressure on the court. As for the reason, most likely LD didn't play the game he wanted to play.
    Last edited by ssuly; 12-10-2006 at 08:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...The weird thing i noticed was the last pt, when Taufik returned LD's shot with a net shot and then LD just simply tapped it over, for the easy kill...It's like LD said to himself, knowing well Taufik was in the front, "OK, here's one for you, another net return from me, kill it or we'll go to the 3rd set"... ..
    hahaha i like that one, maybe he was so confused at that time, so the only choice was to take gamble on that, either you make or break it then we all know the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sorry bit out of topic....

with this lost....

will he still come to Copenhagen Masters end of this month?

will LD 'explode' again in 2007, like after OG04 and WC05? so....we shall see in super series next year....what he's gonna do. maybe sort of 'unleashing' another 'anger' to another player?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colingsk
    bascially th played a very patient game. main difference this time was th was able to anticipate majority of ld's smashes. the other main factor was the fact that th's tumbling net shot was awesome.

congrat's to th.
    I kinda agree with your take of the match...TH seems patient and his net play made the difference and TH seems to be playing a "thinking" type of game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know, but i think he was not in his best perfomance. many errors he made at that time. i saw xie xing fang felt nervous on the tv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because :
    - his determination to win disappeared probably LD's main goal is OG/08 not AG/06.
    - huge pressure from LYB after almost all his compatriots have lost
    - boring against TH, thrice in a week
    - maybe LD want to make little charity here, delivering GOLD for INA (1 gold out from CHN contingent is not a big deal because CHN's #1 position is certainly unstoppable at medal-standing meanwhile 1 gold adding for INA is very2 meaningful). LOL, just joking!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast