Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?m...ebac676e2be36f
    ================================================== ========
    This is my translation

Taufik, Fantastic!
    By admin
    Sunday, 10-December-2006, 09:53:59 104 klik

''Having suffered from 2 consecutive defeats, I learned what I could do to defeat Lin Dan. So, this victory is the fruit of my 2 consecutive losses. I don't want to lose for a third time ,''

DOHA, (PR).- Supported by some 350 Indonesian supporters packing Aspire Hall 3 Sport City Doha, Saturday (9/12), Taufik Hidayat demonstrated his fantastic game. The Pangalengan (Bandung) boy not only grabbed gold but also successfully took revenge against arch rival Lin Dan of China , 21-15, 22-20.

Reporters of the Pikiran Rakyat daily, Dedy Suhaeri and Ferry Indra Permana from Doha reported that Taufik ended the duel after smashing the shuttle cock in front of the net. His victory was instantly celebrated by his supporters including Chair of Indonesian Olympic Association, Agum Gumelar.

In the court Taufik expressed his emotion by clenching his fists, as if releasing his burden after losing twice from Lin Dan in the Team competition. After the medal award ceremony, Agum Gumelar, his father in law, hugged him.

Learning from his previous two losses

''The key to my victory was winning the first set. In the second set I tried to maintain the rythm of my game. I had to play all out to win the second set. Why should I play three sets if I could finish the duel in two sets? Finally, I managed to finish the match in straight sets,'' he said.

Taufik said that he defeated LD because he had evaluated his two losses during the preliminary and SF matches in the Team competition. ''Having suffered from two consecutive losses from LD, I learned what I could do to defeat LD. This victory is the fruit of my two losses. I don't want to lose for a third time ,'' he said.

With this victory, Taufik defended his title as the champion of MS ASIAN GAMES. In 2002 Taufik also took gold in Busan, Korea. Taufik said that this Asian Games is his last AG.

After winning the first set 21-15, in the second set he was trailed 17-20. However, his supperb skills, net play, cross smashes had troubled LD. When the score was 20-20, LD looked very nervous and made unforced errors (wide lob and poor net return).

''I made a lot of unforced errors in the first set. In the second set I once gained my confidence, however when the score was 20-20, I lost my concentration. It's difficult for me to regain my composure in a tense and grueling match like this,'' said Lin Dan.

Lin Dan also admitted that Taufik played very well. ''He played better than before. The second set ended too fast. It appeared that Taufik did not want to play in three sets. ,'' he said.
    (Dedy Suhaeri & Ferry Indra Permana/pikiran-rakyat.com)[/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I third that!

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    I second that! Heheheh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw 3 times...because in national TV.....played that final game 3 times

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations Taufik!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to watch the match, moreso out of interest to see how TH won the match. The reason for this is to see what was different because based on the general flow of the previous LD vs TH matches this year, the flow was the same in this match. TH wins first game. Midway through second game TH begins to tire and LD superior fitness brings the win home. I am curious to see what happened in those final 5 points.
    Last edited by treilanin; 12-12-2006 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo corrected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank you much for translating...

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    This is my translation
    ...indra, once again, thank you much for helping out with the translation(wished if you did the 2nd article as well, but it probably has roughly the same content)..appreciate it!!
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-12-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indra, you have a lot of use in this forum... first, you translate every indonesian article here... second, the most important thing, you make people happy by letting them laugh at you (not offensive)... i mean, it helps when you create posts that attract forumers and keep BC very busy...

I'm an INDRA fan! how about you? join the fan club! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bic33
    indra, you have a lot of use in this forum... first, you translate every indonesian article here... second, the most important thing, you make people happy by letting them laugh at you (not offensive)... i mean, it helps when you create posts that attract forumers and keep BC very busy...

thinking about it !~haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha, like Loh said in this thread "The last laugh goes to Indra !!!", Not even goes to TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Off topic-Then, we should vote for the most popular BC member of the yr..

..don't forget, indra'll be directing next yr's sequels of Taufik vs. LD as well...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-13-2006 at 01:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

[quote=ye333]Seems you and Taufik are good friends ah... Ever played against him?[/quote

hi
    ]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5