Congratulations Taufik 2006 Asian Games Champ

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by ants, Dec 9, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    He has his mind set all these while for the MS GOLD Medal. In fact he arrived early in Doha for the preparation which something that he does not do often during games. No matter what other people say during the TEAM events, what matter now is that He Won the GOLD medal.

Excerpts of portion of the Conversation in Malay ( Translated in English ). However this is the professional version. Not the REAL conversation version. If you know what i mean... anyway enjoy.

Ants: You played well today. Good thing you win the 1st set.

TH : Yeah, once i had the 1st set , i know i can capitalised on it. Fortunately i feel Lindan kinda forcing his way thru on the second set. But well at least now i'm tasting the Gold.

Ants: Did your lost to Lindan in the Team Event affect you?

TH : Nope, my mind was set in winning the MS in DOHA. Its ok that he win me during the Team event. Anyway we have to take a game at a time. Win or lose, we have to take things fresh again.

Ants : Yeah, i would like to see you play with LCW in the Finals than Lindan playing you in Finals. I was rooting for CW during your match with him.

TH: Hahahah. Its the Draw. But it was tough playing CW. But i got the better of him this time.

Ants : I know, its 50/50 chance if not because of the accident. I think it kinda slowed him down a little. Anyway Lets celebrate... now got big bonus...

TH : Yeah...

Sorry... thats all that i can provide for you guys The rest not important.

2. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

It obviously did mean a lot to him :). I'm so happy that he won! Well done Taufik! BCL, LCW and now LD. Very solid performance and well earned gold. Certainly can't argue that his draw "favoured him" this time :D!

Hard luck to LD, in that second set it could have gone either way.

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Seems you and Taufik are good friends ah... Ever played against him?

4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

haha,can't say how happy i am !
    i've been on a bussiness travle for 2 weeks
    hardly have time to get online .
    but i've been following his games' results ,watched the 1/4,semi and the second game of the final. He is great!

5. kemana

kemana Regular Member

btw, ants, any fotos?

6. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Taufik is still a legend. Best netplay I have ever seen. Taufik masih yang terbaik.

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

His netplay was phenomenal. He can do 2 or 3 seriouly "net rolling" shots in a rally. And my eyes and mouth was like wide open......

#7 zqloy, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  8. malaysia boleh?

malaysia boleh? Regular Member

Big time vs small time

Taufik is a big time player. It is as simple as that. After winning Asian Games in 2002, Olympic Games in 2004 and World Championship in 2005..he still can find the motivation to capture Asian Games gold medal again. Guess he is the special one. LCW is just one year younger than him.. but still chasing his first major title.. so sad.

9. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

On Doha website..LD said a good thing about TH...LD seems that the past comment about him did not make him mean or arrogant...I guess I am starting to like him for his sportmanship...

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

What is there so sad about? TH is a genius, he come out to the international scene alot earlier than LCW. LCW is the late starter even compare to BCL and LD. The so called "SuperDan" is still at the back chasing TH... ;)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Where have you been??..

...we were wondering where have you been all this time??...but i guess if Taufik wins, you'll definitely show up.....:rolleyes: :p ;)
    Good thing you watched it, while I missed the Finals (overslept), but it's okay...:p :(
    Anyways, congrats to both players, both great players, for giving us another wonderful 1 week plus of entertainment(let alone playing 3 times against each other in that span).
    Their battles and dramas in this AG are truly indelible and will be talked about over and over again for future generations...:cool:
    Dare i say it, barring any major injuries or mishaps, their sequels are to be continued next yr, that's 1 thing i'm sure of. (I hope they can meet again in the Sudirman Cup Finals, World Championships Finals & the Super Series Grand Prix Finale next yr)..;) :cool:

*Btw, ants, thanks for sharing your conversation, with Taufik, with us..:cool:

#11 ctjcad, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  12. IndoBOLEHH

IndoBOLEHH Regular Member

hell yeahhh....TH got what He aimed for....TH, you deserved it...some people said LD is better than TH....but for me TH is still the best one....:)

13. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

I wonering who is in USA...I am in US and HK all the time..HK is for business...wanted to know so can play or watch badminton later in 2007

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Taufik in my mind is the best Indonesian player ever... I have seen Rudy Hartono and Liem Swie King in action... Their talent were excellent, but Taufik is phenomenal...:)

15. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

All happy Indonesians and Malaysians here... Today is quite an extraordinary day...

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations indeed to Taufik Hidayat. He has proven that he still has the motivation to win the big game! I watched the delayed telecast at Channel 62 of HK Cable TV. It was clear that Taufik took the initiative in the first set and his net-play was almost perfect!

Lin Dan's body language also looked different than usual...perhaps the nerves started to creep in, esp after Xie Xingfang, Zhang Ning, and Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun all lost their matches. He started to play better after the interval of the second set, but, only to see 3 game points evaporated in a flash and Taufik finished him up with 5 consecutive points.

It will be interesting to see how Lin Dan reacts to this defeat. As for Taufik, I think he will still remain to be temperamental and only choose to win if he deems it necessary (like this AG gold medal).

17. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

many many congrats!!!!

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Almost deja vu

..hehe, reminds me of the World Championships Final from last yr-i really don't know what happened to LD in this match, esp. after all his recent successful encounters against Taufik...:rolleyes: ;)

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Probably....IMHO, he didn't really look as confident as before...which was pretty surprising to me :cool:

As an Indonesian, I am glad that Taufik defends this gold medal for us...which makes up partially for the loss in MD (and XD).

20. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Just finished watching the 1st game. LD is so strange and seems like he lost the confidence, not moving as smooth as what he usally did. He smash is no longer effective and TH can pick up most of it.