KKK & TBH Gold Medalist AG MD

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by sopho, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sopho

sopho Regular Member

:D :D :D
    Congratulation KOO & TAN!!!
    And Thanks "Rexy"
    :cool:

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Rexy Mainaky is indeed a phenomenal coach! Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong deserve the Gold medal despite being unseeded! They will be a dangerous pair to watch out for next year and in the Olympics 2008.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Congrats to the young KooKK/TanBH..they truly deserve it & i'm sure Rexy must be very proud of them!!..;):cool:

4. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

many many congrats to this newly crowned pair!! like winning beauty pagent pulak!! wakkakaka... but im truly content with their achievement...bet they do also!! stg for the whole badminton team to celebrate1!!!!

5. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Congratz to the players and the coashes. Wow this newly paired double is something. they beat all the current best pairs. the deserve the Gold. Rexy is an awesome coaches, he should be in Indo, hehehehee... KKK is an awesome player too.

6. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Yes, nearly beat all top pair. But haven't got the chance for them to meet LYD and JJS.

Well Done cool guys...........

7. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

Congratulations to KKK/TBH !! It is very amazing to be knowing that I'll be waking up tomorrow knowing we have won a gold medal in badminton. There is a lot of droughts in the badminton world and they have ended one. I guess it's a new beginning and not a false hope like Hafiz. Why am I talking about sad things, keep up the mood right ? Congrats Congrats !!

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    For some reasons, the way the Malaysian gets excited over one gold metal is like they just beat CHN, USA, and Russia in total # of gold metals in the Olympics... for goodness sake, it's one for badminton.....out of like ____ of years...:p

Even Canada doesn't go crazy over one Olympic gold metal...

9. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I bet you will be happy too if Lin Dan won the gold medal. :rolleyes: We are always happy and excited whenever our players win, regardless of the sport and the tournaments.And you cant understand us and you don't have to.

I am sure every country is happy when their athletes win an Olympic gold medal.

#9 Malaysianfan, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Besides badminton, there ain't any sport that Malaysia can win at the world level. Malaysian play badminton with passion, just as ice hockey is to Canada. Malaysia used to dominate the game along with powerhouse Indonesia and Denmark, until recently when China came onto the scene and becomes the supremo. With China and Indonesia dominance, Malaysian has waited for a long time to celebrate a gold medal finish in the Asian Games. Just check how many gold medal Malaysia or even Indonesia won at this Games compared to China with >100 gold medals, and you may understand why Malaysian, myself included, are estatic over the gold medal.

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Especially seeing how they do it, being unseeded but beaten most of the top pairs from each country in straight sets, all under 30 mins! The score is not even close! I wonder how did they do that??!!

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Agree with you, forgot that KKK/TBH are underdog in MD and that makes the gold medal win even more incredible...lol

13. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    The most amazing thing i find about this new pair at this Asian games is not only winning the gold medal but the way they won it. Especialy in the semis, they totaly outclassed kido/setiawan.

14. jason_tiger

jason_tiger Regular Member

Two nice pictures!

Attached Files:

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Try thinking the other way round and substitute ice hockey for badminton and you'll understand why. It's the passion of a nation over their most popular sport. Don't you ever wonder why Canada dissects every hockey disappointment to pieces? Same reason as why Malaysia does it for badminton. So when you get a rare triumph like an Asian Games Badminton gold, there's a lot to celebrate. Don't you remember how Canada felt after they won Olympic gold in hockey in 2002?

Also it's MEDAL, not metal:)

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    It was 36 years ago that the Malaysian national anthem was played at the Asian Games, and that is a long drought and a long wait. Also, Malaysia has never won gold at world and Olympics, therefore this gold medal meant so much to Malaysia, and as JAS1211 pointed out, KKK/TBH started out as underdog and not even seeded. KKK is close to tears when the Negaraku anthem was played, Malaysian are warm and sentimental people. With the way China dominate badminton, who knows when the next gold medal will occur, we hope it would not be another 30 odd years wait....

17. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Hi OneToughBirdie. Just want to add something, it was 36 years ago that the Malaysian national anthem was played at the Asian Games for Badminton. :)
    We have won some gold medals in other sports.

18. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Congrats to KKK/TBH. They deserve the gold medal!

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i didnt watch this match but yes, congrats to the MAL team. It had been a long drought spell;)

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    which is a plus for them since no one know how to play them until it's too late :D