big bonus awaits taufik at home

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by taufik-ist, Dec 10, 2006.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    taufik said his winning was dedicated for his father in law that will retire as the chairman of KONI and also for sutiyoso's birthday present :eek:.

taufik will get one new house and also 500 millions rupiah (US$51,000) as official bonus, i heard there will be more bonus' from sutiyoso's own pocket and also from some conglomerates.

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He deserves it.......he put a lot of effort into it.

3. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I feel sorry for the fact that:

500 millions rupiah = 51,000 US dollars...:eek:

4. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Agreed...he was fantastic in the semi and final

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    yap... comparing with weekly english premeir league player's salary :D. drogba gets 85,000 pounds, balack get 90,000 pound, rooney get 85,000 weekly :p

6. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    This is like a heaven and hell situation for Taufik...

If he were to succeed and get the gold... well he now know what kind of rewards(heaven) he will get.

But, If he were to lose... I wonder what kind of hell he would have been in right at this moment...:p

Now... We know why he was motivated...;)

7. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    He doesnt need big bonus. The father in law is a millionaire himself.

8. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

Most of Indonesian officials are big corruptors anyway...no offence!! I am just sick of it.....( I am an indonesian)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Chump change..

...another new house for Taufik??.:eek: ..how many does he own now, i heard he already has 2 or 3 houses??..:rolleyes: ...the house is probably a gift from his father-in-law..:rolleyes: :p ;)

10. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

i heard amy was pregnant from flandy. Maybe thats for his child. haha;)

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I heard that in INA, lots of family lives on C$2 a day!!! US$51K, may not be a lot for a world champion but it was a lot in INA. Take LCW for example, it was published he made >RM$300K this year, that is <C$100K in Canada. When tennis player can win $1M for one grand slam event plus endorsement and lousy hockey players with limited skills, skating up and down, right and left can make minimum US$500K is absurd. That's because of media TV commercialization of those sports. As I said before, if China keeps dominating badminton and no new challengers coming up, badminton will never get the dollar recognition and becomes more of regional sports dominated by Asians. Sad but realistic.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    toughbirdie, you're too tough on badminton outlook:p

yes, 51k USD buy alot in INA.
    If LD get those incentives, i'm sure LD would be motivated to win too.

#12 cooler, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Agree with U. Heard that chinese players have to give half their winnings back to their association, and probably no such house and $51K incentives. Other than INA, MAS provide huge incentives for winning the 1992 Thomas Cup. If chinese govt provide similar incentives, many chinese players would be motivated and LD position in the national team is not too safe and competition would be fierce.

14. super__gao

super__gao Regular Member

haha are u kidding??? lousy hockey players?!?! do u know how hard it is to play hockey at a pro level, a lot harder than badminton.

also, chances are, badminton players will never get the fame and fortune of hockey, golf, tennis, baseball, football, soccer, basketball and F1 athletes. thats just a fact of life u'll have to live with.
    and what does it matter if china keeps dominating badminton?? canada/russia dominate hockey, usa dominate basketball and baseball and yet they all have yearly salaries that badminton players will probably never make in their life times.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

for the asian game, half of zero is still zero (if i'm right).
    i'm sure chinese players would get something for winning a gold but i'm sure no where near taufik's official 51K plus other non official incentives.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

for the asian game, half of zero is still zero (if i'm right).
    i'm sure chinese players would get something for winning a gold but i'm sure no where near taufik's official 51K plus other non official incentives.

17. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    A lot harder? It's too hard to tell unless they did specific studies on the requirements in energy and all that required. Badminton requires plenty of starting and stopping, as well as quick change of directions, not to mention deception, slices, high speed smashes and drives, as well as diving and constant jumping (especially true for doubles).

True, at the current rate, badminton players have it much harder than most other atheletes. It's ridiculous, IMO, that golf, baseball, and F1 generate so much revenue. The skill and effort required in those I find far less than most sports, and it's terrible that they make an obscene amount sometimes. However, if something can be done about it, I'm sure that badminton could generate more popularity and publicity as well as revenue. Just look at soccer, volleyball, and basketball: Very popular, lots of skill and effort required, and plenty of revenue. Badminton is similar to those three, with the difference being in revenue.

Eh? USA dominates the Olympics, coming in first, but so does China, usually close behind. Yet, USA, being the richer and more influential of the two, can popularize the sports it dominates (I do think our basketball team for the Olympics has declined in the last few years, our best no longer wish to go, as they already make millions just by playing in the NBA). So I do think that if the USA were to improve in badminton and popularize it, badminton would generate more revenue.

Anyways, that really is quite a bonus that Taufik received. Even in the US, that would be quite attractive, unless they were obscenely rich already (as some of our athletes are).

#17 hiroisuke, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    What I am implying is chinese player has to give back half their winning (not half of zero incentive as you said!) whereas MAS and INA players keep 100% of theirs, plus incentives aforementioned.

19. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    there's a reason why there is only about 25 official F1 racers in the world. to call them not fit, with no skill and minimal effort involved yet still able to win is absurd. it is extremely difficult to be a F1 driver, IMO probably more difficult than that of a badminton player.

also, the reason why baseball/golf/F1 athletes and drivers get more salary is because more people watch it. F1 is the most watched sports event that annually occurs, baseball is the most popular sport in the states and golf is played by almost all of eruope and all of the US. it's as simple as that.

20. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Oh.. It is not surprised for indonesian badminton....

If anyplayer from indonesia can win the olimpic, asian games, world championship, the bonus will coming....

Last time susi susanti get 1 triliun rupiah and alan get 1 triliun rupiah also.. and each of them get house and also a lots bonus...

FYI: Actually not 100% for the Taufik. Because Indonesia policies (PBSI Policies): 70% for Taufik, 5% for Coach(Mulyo Handoyo), 10% for PBSI (Pelatnas), 10% for Club (PB SGS), 5% for place taufik born (Bandung).