User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 38
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually i don't 'buy' this story. something like 'heard' this and that more like gossip or rumor. however we shall see how it goes later. In above source, clearly stated that the question comes from Indonesian media, so to me is like a 'trick' for media to make some headlines, although there might be a follow-up in future, but personally i don't think Rexy will go anywhere at this moment at least until OG08.

    This thread for sure is 'good' trigger for discussion hehe

  2. #19
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually this is not a "story".. Rexy did indeed mentioned about it.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas
    I don't think so. When Rexy started his career as an international MD coach, Christian Hadinata was our MD coach. I remembered in the media when asked why he would coaching abroad, Rexy said he wanted the world knows that Indonesia not only a source for great badminton players but also a source for great coaches.

    This is different with Christian Hadinata. In a TV program (MetroTV) that was aired several times, Christian said that he willingly turned down so many offers from many countries. It's his own choice to be in PBSI forever. He said (kira-kira beginilah) "Saya sudah mendapatkan banyak dari PBSI, sekarang giliran saya memberikan apa yang bisa saya berikan. Ini soal pengabdian."

    I also heard before this event that PBSI will try to get Rexy. I remember the similar mission PBSI had with Taufik years ago. If I remember correctly, the task to persuade Taufik to be home was given to Rudy Hartono. I do not know who was the best person to approach Rexy. Maybe Christian Hadinata, from who Rexy learn a lot to be a great coach. I don't believe it's all about money. There must be something else...

    If it is true why PBSI let Tong Xin fu go???? I still prefer that Rexy does not go back to Indonesia..period!!

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Actually this is not a "story".. Rexy did indeed mentioned about it.
    Ants, did Rexy mention where this 'offer'/question come from? is it really from PBSI representative or only from media?

    what i mean with 'story' is the question to Rexy comes from media only (has nothing to do with PBSI), then of course it becomes story/headline in the newspaper even caused some worries in BAM. That's why i don't buy it if only from media. But whether it's really intention of PBSI to get him back, still remain to be seen.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy's coaching skills are still below Christian's skills...Christian is his GURU

    If Rexy wants to return to INA, we all will be very very happy. But, if he decides to coach other countries, no problem. We are also very happy TOO... Choice is his...As long as he does not coach China, personally, that's OK...

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    As long as he does not coach China, personally, that's OK...
    And why is that? China will be the last country to ever need any foreign coaches for their shuttlers, imo.

  7. #24
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB will be furious if foreign coaches invade his territory. He want to have full control of his players.

  8. #25
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    Ants, did Rexy mention where this 'offer'/question come from? is it really from PBSI representative or only from media?

    what i mean with 'story' is the question to Rexy comes from media only (has nothing to do with PBSI), then of course it becomes story/headline in the newspaper even caused some worries in BAM. That's why i don't buy it if only from media. But whether it's really intention of PBSI to get him back, still remain to be seen.

    The offer did not come directly from PBSI. But from KONI ( Indonesian Olympic Comittee ).

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok..My attention here:
    Without Rexy, The Malaysia Doubles can't developed.
    Rexy success as player and coach.

    BAM must ask Rexy to going back to PBSI because Rexy is indonesia aset....hhhaaaa....

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    i heard PBSi will try to get rexy back home for preparing next olympic 2008 (beside tony/chandra), there's a 'special task force' for it with unlimited budget .

    BAM must rise REXy's salary and bind him with new long contract,

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Indra...

    Now...I disagree with you...
    Different coach have differents way to make training programs. Every second, Every minutes, Every hours, etc..Badminton will e grows up..Need new idea to make training programs.... That's way it is rexy have. Idea is importants......

    Another things because BAM got alots money to develop the badminton...Because Malaysia Goverment supply a lots money

    How about PBSI??? PBSI now more sponsors to develop the badminton...because goverment supply a little money..

    Rexy Coach to China?? imposible... China have alots better coaches...no need to import man.... China no need...
    So you know: Tang Xinfu and Fang Kai Siang?? Both of them from china...
    Tang Xinfu coach to Indonesia last time (PBSI) around 11years but indonesia goverment never give him the WNI (Warga Negara Indonesia/Indonesia Citizen) and he developed some single indonesia players: Icuk, Heryanto Arbi, Ardy, Hendrawan, Alan, and more... and togther with Hadi Nastri create badminton training program for PBSI...So I think now still use that....

    My question for you: Is it OK for you??? HHHaaa

    Fang Kai Siang: He coach at Djarum Kudus.... Last time at Tangkas..... Is it OK for you??? HHaaaaa...

    Actually: Any coaches can go to any countries...Because Coach's motivation to develop the talent players...

    So Rexy differents: He decided to coach to another countries (not own country) because he want to show he is the better coach....so hope later on PBSI can ask him to come back to pelatnas to help...

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    Rexy's coaching skills are still below Christian's skills...Christian is his GURU

    If Rexy wants to return to INA, we all will be very very happy. But, if he decides to coach other countries, no problem. We are also very happy TOO... Choice is his...As long as he does not coach China, personally, that's OK...

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saugusli
    Hi Indra...

    Now...I disagree with you...
    Different coach have differents way to make training programs. Every second, Every minutes, Every hours, etc..Badminton will e grows up..Need new idea to make training programs.... That's way it is rexy have. Idea is importants......

    Another things because BAM got alots money to develop the badminton...Because Malaysia Goverment supply a lots money

    How about PBSI??? PBSI now more sponsors to develop the badminton...because goverment supply a little money..

    Rexy Coach to China?? imposible... China have alots better coaches...no need to import man.... China no need...
    So you know: Tang Xinfu and Fang Kai Siang?? Both of them from china...
    Tang Xinfu coach to Indonesia last time (PBSI) around 11years but indonesia goverment never give him the WNI (Warga Negara Indonesia/Indonesia Citizen) and he developed some single indonesia players: Icuk, Heryanto Arbi, Ardy, Hendrawan, Alan, and more... and togther with Hadi Nastri create badminton training program for PBSI...So I think now still use that....

    My question for you: Is it OK for you??? HHHaaa

    Fang Kai Siang: He coach at Djarum Kudus.... Last time at Tangkas..... Is it OK for you??? HHaaaaa...

    Actually: Any coaches can go to any countries...Because Coach's motivation to develop the talent players...

    So Rexy differents: He decided to coach to another countries (not own country) because he want to show he is the better coach....so hope later on PBSI can ask him to come back to pelatnas to help...
    I agree with you, basically whoever coaches Ina shuttlers, the most important thing is he/she can make better players....

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    REXY's wife is happy in Malaysia. If Rexy's wife is happy, there is nothing you can do to convince Rexy to move.

    Besides, KKK/TBH had proven to Rexy that they value his coaching and did that by winning the Asian Games MD for him. So that makes Rexy happier and he knows that he will be appreciated for a long time coming.

    Rexy, I am sure is due for an increase in pay for this. So I think it is pretty hard for Indonesia to grab him back given the poor performance of PBSI so far. Rexy now knows that he has a good chance with KKK/TBH to win the 2008 Olympics MD --- so I don't think he will risk not achieving this for his own record. After the Olympics, if he achieves, PBSI would still be interested in him if he wants to go home.

    For now, there is no good reason to rock the boat when things have suddenly change in his favour --- dream on if you think he is going back to Indonesia.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Malaysia is very much indebted to Fang KaiXiang, it was him who started a proper fitness programme for shuttlers in late 80s so that we can match Indonesia and China. We made TC and AG finals, and won SEA Games gold during that time.

    Later, in 92 we won Thomas Cup with Han Jian/Yang Yang/Chen Changjie as coaches.

    Now we have Li Mao and Rexy, but lost Tan Kim Her to the Koreans. Tan may not have had a great career since his split with Yap Kim Hock, but he's a great doubles coach too.

  14. #31
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    K.Lumpur
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng
    Now we have Li Mao and Rexy, but lost Tan Kim Her to the Koreans. Tan may not have had a great career since his split with Yap Kim Hock, but he's a great doubles coach too.
    BAM should persuade Tan Kim Her to coach Malaysian MD again.
    Let him work with Rexy to develop more world class players like KKK/TBH

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's very difficult if the 'gonvernment's hand' also involve, it will be like taufik's case in 2002, when he quited from pleatnas and joined singapore, PBSi tried to get TH back, PBSI found problem then they asked the government (unofficially) to help them

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    kuching
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Keep him

    He was very angry with their (KKK and his partner) performance.
    He made them think hard and commit to win.

    See what they achieved! Beating top pairs in 30 minutes.

    He is a good coach. Keep him...possible forever since his wife love Malaysia.

  17. #34
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    it's very difficult if the 'gonvernment's hand' also involve, it will be like taufik's case in 2002, when he quited from pleatnas and joined singapore, PBSi tried to get TH back, PBSI found problem then they asked the government (unofficially) to help them
    Well at least that is what PBSI can do when they have exhausted their own strategy in getting back their players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rexy please come back
    By Tommy Susanto in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 14
    : 02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
  2. Badminton: Rexy promises to help jaded pair get back on their feet
    By Felicia_txh in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 19
    : 06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
  3. Rexy tells under-achieving duo to stay home and train
    By yannie in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 17
    : 02-19-2007, 10:58 PM
  4. Big News!!!!!==rexy Coming Back!!!!
    By fabcargo in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 24
    : 09-17-2004, 04:45 PM
  5. NEWS : Olympic gold medalist Tony back home
    By kwun in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 05-09-2004, 03:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •