User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 45
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    1st Place : Li Yong Bo
    =====================
    a) WS :- For getting kicked in the groin by the hong Kong ladies.

    b) MS :- For snubbing Chen Hong (Who's on top form, + Taufik slayer in WC2006) and losing the MS title

    c) MD :- for going home without a medal (individual event)

    d) Overall :- He probabaly did not reach the target promised to China's Sports Council. Is he gonna get smoked like grass???

    a close 2nd place : Hafiz Hashim & co.
    ===================================
    for having an extremely uninspiring performance televised for the entire nation and others to watch.

    TBBMBB(N)
    You may want to add Misbun Sidek to your "close 2nd place"...lol.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    for me, it's our XD pair Nova/Butet.

    PBSI should split this pair really soon. Maybe Butet/Alvent will make a better XD pair than Nova/Butet.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The China's great wall is going to fall down soon...ASIAN GAMES is the beginning....of their fall

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan, losing to LHI in the finals of the Team Event, although he got a win over LHI in the semis of the individual event, he still failed to retribute his earlier lost by losing to Taufik in the finals in 2 sets. This is probably the first time I've seen Lin Dan's form waver like this

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    If LYB can make champions out of weaker nations, like Rexy in MAS or Tan Ker did for MD in Korea, I would admire him.
    But if u think of it the other way around, LYB managed to NOT making any weak player atall..that is some thing to admire about

  6. #23
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Malaysia will be the Biggest loser of Asian Games 2006 if another nation steals Rexy!!!

  7. #24
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Losing Rexy is still bearable, imagine...

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    Malaysia will be the Biggest loser of Asian Games 2006 if another nation steals Rexy!!!
    ..that's still okay, at least KKK & TBH are still there...I think Indonesia WILL BE the Biggest loser of Asian Games 2006 if another nation steals Taufik!!!...imagine INA without him, where will the Gold medal come from??..what country & who will indra cheer for??..

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Totally Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    You may want to add Misbun Sidek to your "close 2nd place"...lol.
    Hahaha....totally agree with this...Misbun should be in.Dont understand why BAM still wants to put our players under his guidance.Sigh...wake up BAM wake up!!!

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    1st Place : Li Yong Bo
    =====================
    a) WS :- For getting kicked in the groin by the hong Kong ladies.

    b) MS :- For snubbing Chen Hong (Who's on top form, + Taufik slayer in WC2006) and losing the MS title

    c) MD :- for going home without a medal (individual event)

    d) Overall :- He probabaly did not reach the target promised to China's Sports Council. Is he gonna get smoked like grass???

    a close 2nd place : Hafiz Hashim & co.
    ===================================
    for having an extremely uninspiring performance televised for the entire nation and others to watch.

    TBBMBB(N)
    I don't think LYB is the loser.

    Overall, the MS and MD are never the "sure gold" for CHN team to begin with. Sure they have world elite level of players, but these 2 events might be the most un-predictable ones in any tournaments.

    Of course, the WS crash might be out of prediction by anyone. But anyone is human being, and everyone makes mistakes. With recent piles of events, I am sure that XXF and ZN more or less are tired (physically and mentally). Never to metion that the NSS does add a bit of "luck" element in the formular as well. Actually, I consider it's a good thing, as it's a warning for the CHN team to know, they better let the young guns come up fast, and WS is not a sure gold (even though, still like 99% ). Compare to WS lost, MXD grabed the top 2 modals, more or less made up the lost from WS.

    So, for a team winning 4 out of 7 gold (fine, maybe he suppose to get 5?) and 3 silvers, 2 bronzes, I can hardly say the manager is a "loser". If LYB is the loser, then I don't know what to say about the other teams.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    The China's great wall is going to fall down soon...ASIAN GAMES is the beginning....of their fall
    We indeed have some "crazy" fans outta here. Well, no point to argue any more, as CHN even did not send all it's top layer players here, due to the rules and it's purpose to train young players.

    If getting 4 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronzes means "falling", I guess the "heroes" that you support day and night (in a kinda un-reasonable way) might be buried for like 20 years already???

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    The China's great wall is going to fall down soon...ASIAN GAMES is the beginning....of their fall
    well, China's Great Wall always fall at AG! ha* just joking

    Biggest Loser is probably Mohd. Hafiz Hashim 20-9, at least he now holds a record haha

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I don't think LYB is the loser.

    Overall, the MS and MD are never the "sure gold" for CHN team to begin with. Sure they have world elite level of players, but these 2 events might be the most un-predictable ones in any tournaments.

    Of course, the WS crash might be out of prediction by anyone. But anyone is human being, and everyone makes mistakes. With recent piles of events, I am sure that XXF and ZN more or less are tired (physically and mentally). Never to metion that the NSS does add a bit of "luck" element in the formular as well. Actually, I consider it's a good thing, as it's a warning for the CHN team to know, they better let the young guns come up fast, and WS is not a sure gold (even though, still like 99% ). Compare to WS lost, MXD grabed the top 2 modals, more or less made up the lost from WS.

    So, for a team winning 4 out of 7 gold (fine, maybe he suppose to get 5?) and 3 silvers, 2 bronzes, I can hardly say the manager is a "loser". If LYB is the loser, then I don't know what to say about the other teams.
    I totally agree with what you've said lol but LYB expected a cleam sweep but in the end only got 4 out of 7 he will be dissapointed, still not the Biggest Lose

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy6713
    China team or LYB is not the biggest loser..
    I agreed that Korean team has lost many medal since last time they hosted...

    I have to say Koprean Team is the biggest loser.....
    China is doing well...eventhough they wanted to clean sweep all medals...

    For Bananaboy...from south Morning Post ( HK newspaper)a while ago...China targetted " CLEAN SWEEP' for Asian games as well as Olympic 2008...

    Korea Team can never be the biggest loser.
    Reason is that after 2004 olympics, their 2 main double (Lee Dong Soo & Yoo Yong Sung and Kim Dong Moon and Ha Tae Kwan.) retired.

    To still be able to compete and winning the silver, I think is a very good achievement.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB is a loser if you consider the following math on the paper.

    1. WD: >=90% getting the gold.
    2. WS: >=90% getting the gold.
    3. XD: >=40% getting the gold: Besides Zheng/Gao, Xie/Zhang, other contenders are Lee/Lee, Sudket/Saralee and Nova/Butet.
    4. MD: >=40% getting the gold if you consider LYB's comment on JJS: like a weight-lifter, no technique. So Cai/Fu, of course with technique, should be above JJS and pairs at similar level.
    5. MS: >=40%. LD, BCL vs. LCW, LHI, Taufik. And of course if we agree with LYB, who said LD could finish Taufik in 2 games EASILY, it should be >=50%.

    So, it's just simple math. LYB should bring back >=3 gold medals, but he only managed to get 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I don't think LYB is the loser.

    Overall, the MS and MD are never the "sure gold" for CHN team to begin with. Sure they have world elite level of players, but these 2 events might be the most un-predictable ones in any tournaments.

    Of course, the WS crash might be out of prediction by anyone. But anyone is human being, and everyone makes mistakes. With recent piles of events, I am sure that XXF and ZN more or less are tired (physically and mentally). Never to metion that the NSS does add a bit of "luck" element in the formular as well. Actually, I consider it's a good thing, as it's a warning for the CHN team to know, they better let the young guns come up fast, and WS is not a sure gold (even though, still like 99% ). Compare to WS lost, MXD grabed the top 2 modals, more or less made up the lost from WS.

    So, for a team winning 4 out of 7 gold (fine, maybe he suppose to get 5?) and 3 silvers, 2 bronzes, I can hardly say the manager is a "loser". If LYB is the loser, then I don't know what to say about the other teams.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Korea team is kind of a winner here. LYD is really impressive. An 18 year old boy, already at the same level as established top MDs. The next PJB.

    I would say, if this is a test, HK got A++, Mas got A+, Ind got A- (for Taufik getting the gold when most ppl are saying he is over), Kor got B or B-, Chn got at most C.

    Quote Originally Posted by hyun007
    Korea Team can never be the biggest loser.
    Reason is that after 2004 olympics, their 2 main double (Lee Dong Soo & Yoo Yong Sung and Kim Dong Moon and Ha Tae Kwan.) retired.

    To still be able to compete and winning the silver, I think is a very good achievement.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    LYB is a loser if you consider the following math on the paper.

    1. WD: >=90% getting the gold.
    2. WS: >=90% getting the gold.
    3. XD: >=40% getting the gold: Besides Zheng/Gao, Xie/Zhang, other contenders are Lee/Lee, Sudket/Saralee and Nova/Butet.
    4. MD: >=40% getting the gold if you consider LYB's comment on JJS: like a weight-lifter, no technique. So Cai/Fu, of course with technique, should be above JJS and pairs at similar level.
    5. MS: >=40%. LD, BCL vs. LCW, LHI, Taufik. And of course if we agree with LYB, who said LD could finish Taufik in 2 games EASILY, it should be >=50%.

    So, it's just simple math. LYB should bring back >=3 gold medals, but he only managed to get 2.
    I think your grading system is way too harsh. 2 out of 5 (with only 2 participants in each event to begin with) is not an easy task. Everyone can have a good or bad day. Even for the ones (besides MD) CHN did not get a gold, they managed silver and bronze.

    I grade them with this way as number of medals (I know gold counts a lot, but you can't consider silver or bronze as nothing, right?)

    MS: Silver
    MD: 0
    WS: Bronze
    WD: Gold + Silver
    XD: Gold + Silver

    So, They got 6 out 10 possible (as they have only 2 * 5 = 10 entries). Never to metion, you can say that's 7, as who cares whether ZN or XXF get the Bronze in WS. How many other nations even come to closer than that???

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333

    I would say, if this is a test, HK got A++, Mas got A+, Ind got A- (for Taufik getting the gold when most ppl are saying he is over), Kor got B or B-, Chn got at most C.
    Again, way too harsh.

    I understand that you grade them by "fact vs. prediction". However, the favorite should NOT be punished by the over hyped "potential". It's like, someones "suppose" to get 90 in an exam, but he only gets 85. However, he's still a much better student than someone gets 50 (even though, this one "suppose" to get 40).

    Also, I don't understand, how could a head coach be a "C", if his team sweep the team events, getting 2 gold in individual, and add 3 more silver and a bronze.

    Folks, let's don't be too harsh to LYB or CHN team. I am not a big LYB fan, but just trying to be fair (without too much personal feeling involved). If 2 teams gold, 2 individual gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze can only get a "C", I don't know what A suppose to be: maybe all 7 gold, and none of the players ever lose a set??? Please, be real...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 South-East Asian Games, Laos (SEA Games) - MAS vs SIN
    By Oldhand in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 22
    : 12-17-2009, 07:21 AM
  2. Any Asian Games Avaliable..?
    By quik_silver in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 36
    : 05-28-2007, 03:15 PM
  3. Who is the best player in Asian Games?
    By Abby飘 in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 37
    : 12-19-2006, 11:33 AM
  4. 15th Asian Games
    By seawell in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 6
    : 09-27-2006, 10:45 AM
  5. The biggest loser in the Athens Olympics
    By Lau Kok Wei in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 50
    : 08-26-2004, 10:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •