User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 38
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carlow, Ireland, Ireland
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    for me there is 4 choices...
    LD + smashing LHI with 3 point onli...
    - he seem lost to taufik when leading...
    - lost to LHI when leading...
    =this make him out of best player!

    taufik + beat LCW & LD with tremendous skill...
    - din play the best at team event...
    - losing 2 times to LD (maybe is normal)
    = quite a nice challenger for "best player"

    GL + won 3 gold medals...
    - quite normal with her current performance & consistency this year...
    - doesn't seem to win easily...
    = i think quite not match "the best player" but maybe most succesful 1...

    KKK +winning the onli gold for mas after 36 years drought...
    +having a consistent result since the onli lost in team event...
    +playing in his best form all along the individual event...
    +having their title in an impressive all straight set win...
    +as a big black horse with a non-seed crushing the best player 1 by 1...
    -cost mas lost the silver in team event...
    =nth to say,he is definitely the one for being the best player in this AG!!!

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwy5633
    for me there is 4 choices...
    KKK +winning the onli gold for mas after 36 years drought...
    +having a consistent result since the onli lost in team event...
    +playing in his best form all along the individual event...
    +having their title in an impressive all straight set win...
    +as a big black horse with a non-seed crushing the best player 1 by 1...
    -cost mas lost the silver in team event...
    =nth to say,he is definitely the one for being the best player in this AG!!!
    yup... he reli put a great effort on playing in every match.
    he deserve de BEST PLAYER
    Go Go Go Koo kien keat!!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'd vote for the super under dog
    HK's Yip for taknig the silver

    Its really one of those story u go from nobody to somebody

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    i'd vote for the super under dog
    HK's Yip for taknig the silver

    Its really one of those story u go from nobody to somebody
    Good pick. Yip Pui Yin has certainlly played extremely well in this tournament. It's too bad that despite her excellent play in singles (in both indivdual and team events), she was unable to pull off any upsets in the Women Doubles team event. If she managed to pull off some upsets in Women's Doubles Team event and lead Team HK to a Bronze Medal, I certainly would have given her my vote for being the best player.

    I give my pick to Gao Ling - both for her tremendous play and also for being a great mentor to Zheng Bo. I can't picture Zheng Bo winning another major tournmanet if he fights with his partner the same way that he used to fight with Zhao Tingting. Gao Ling (form whom I assume Zheng Bo has a great respect) must have done a good job mentoring Zheng Bo - both strategy and attitude wise - into a better mixed double player.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Gao Ling is the one!

    Seems like the best player is the one define as someone favourite and win the title? To me, the best player should be someone who only only win title(s) but also have not lost any match in either Team and Indivual events, that's Gao Ling.
    Gao Ling have won all matches in both Team and Individual but not the forum's favourite Lin Dan and Taufik.
    Lin Dan lost to Lee Kyun Il in Team and lost to Taufik in Indvidual while Taufik lost to Lin Dan Twice in Individual event. KKK/TBH lost to the Koreans in Team event and KKK also lost in the Mix Individual event. Isn't it obvious Gao Ling is the one?

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alberta/Canada
    Posts
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han
    Seems like the best player is the one define as someone favourite and win the title? To me, the best player should be someone who only only win title(s) but also have not lost any match in either Team and Indivual events, that's Gao Ling.
    Gao Ling have won all matches in both Team and Individual but not the forum's favourite Lin Dan and Taufik.
    Lin Dan lost to Lee Kyun Il in Team and lost to Taufik in Indvidual while Taufik lost to Lin Dan Twice in Individual event. KKK/TBH lost to the Koreans in Team event and KKK also lost in the Mix Individual event. Isn't it obvious Gao Ling is the one?
    Exactly, Gao Ling should be considered as the best player of this Asian Games. How about Wang Chen? Did she lose any match(es) during the team event??? Or else she must have been undefeated in this AG as well.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    Exactly, Gao Ling should be considered as the best player of this Asian Games. How about Wang Chen? Did she lose any match(es) during the team event??? Or else she must have been undefeated in this AG as well.
    Yes. Wang Chen lost her doubles match against Thailand. Without a reliable 3rd singles player (I really miss the days when Koon Wai Chee was playing 3rd singles), the only chance that HK had for winning a medal in team event is for WC and YPY to win their singles match and then Wang/Koon win their doubles match. Since Wang/Koon lost that match against Thailand, HK lost the 2-0 lead and lost to Thailand 3-2.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meihong
    yup... he reli put a great effort on playing in every match.
    he deserve de BEST PLAYER
    Go Go Go Koo kien keat!!
    yup... it has to be KKK... he's the best...

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    malaysians obviously have their vote..

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwy5633
    for me there is 4 choices...
    LD + smashing LHI with 3 point onli...
    - he seem lost to taufik when leading...
    - lost to LHI when leading...
    =this make him out of best player!

    taufik + beat LCW & LD with tremendous skill...
    - din play the best at team event...
    - losing 2 times to LD (maybe is normal)
    = quite a nice challenger for "best player"

    GL + won 3 gold medals...
    - quite normal with her current performance & consistency this year...
    - doesn't seem to win easily...
    = i think quite not match "the best player" but maybe most succesful 1...

    KKK +winning the onli gold for mas after 36 years drought...
    +having a consistent result since the onli lost in team event...
    +playing in his best form all along the individual event...
    +having their title in an impressive all straight set win...
    +as a big black horse with a non-seed crushing the best player 1 by 1...
    -cost mas lost the silver in team event...
    =nth to say,he is definitely the one for being the best player in this AG!!!
    Hahaha... Quite logical then, after looking at your elaborations, but you forgot Tan Boon Heong there...
    Tan Boon Heong here...

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Suzhou
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan & Taufik Hidayat are in a class of their own. Those two are in my opinion the best in this Games & also the de facto bests in the world in this era. Lin Dan showed that he could beat Taufik quite consistently twice in a row in 3 days but Taufik showed that he's still very much invincible in highly pressured situations.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan and Taufik...
    Coz of the rivalry and the color that they bring to the sport...

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,676
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kontrabando
    Lin Dan and Taufik...
    Coz of the rivalry and the color that they bring to the sport...
    the rivalry of lin dan and taufik has taken over "lindan vs lcw"s rivalry

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Malaysia =)
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say Gao Ling too!!

    China has 4 Gold this time, and 3 of the gold medals came from Gao Ling! Impressive.

    Quoted from Doha's AG Website ::

    Huang was full of praise for her partner, who had played three doubles matches yesterday to claim mixed doubles gold. She said: “In the second game they came very close, when we were 20-20 there were a few high shots coming through that I thought we were going to miss but Gao kept hitting them back.

    “She didn’t give up and that gave me a lot of encouragement.”

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwin
    Yes. Wang Chen lost her doubles match against Thailand. Without a reliable 3rd singles player (I really miss the days when Koon Wai Chee was playing 3rd singles), the only chance that HK had for winning a medal in team event is for WC and YPY to win their singles match and then Wang/Koon win their doubles match. Since Wang/Koon lost that match against Thailand, HK lost the 2-0 lead and lost to Thailand 3-2.
    lolz..they played for 2 events.. izit d professional way..?

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIN DAN AND GAO LING.....
    plus KKK/TBH!! they defeated Cai/Fu in QF!!!

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cao ci dan
    LIN DAN AND GAO LING.....
    plus KKK/TBH!! they defeated Cai/Fu in QF!!!
    although lin dan ady gave his best but i think dat still got sum1 better den him.. sry..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LIN DAN the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER of the 2010 Asian Games
    By Ajaib in forum Asian Games 2010 - Badminton
    Replies: 29
    : 12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
  2. Asian Games Squad
    By miksss in forum Asian Games 2010 - Badminton
    Replies: 94
    : 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
  3. 2009 South-East Asian Games, Laos (SEA Games) - MAS vs SIN
    By Oldhand in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 22
    : 12-17-2009, 07:21 AM
  4. Any Asian Games Avaliable..?
    By quik_silver in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 36
    : 05-28-2007, 03:15 PM
  5. asian games value bets?
    By sulkis in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 0
    : 12-05-2006, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •