User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    How come i dont hv that feeling b4?
    WCH may hv the "look" but he did not hv the extra "it" factor to be a champion. Sorry to say that, but his skills is nth special and footwork is also quite weak.
    maybe to me he is always the "leader" for malaysia team thus i think he is the one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL..ChompChomp, I always have a special feeling on WCH too. But to me, maybe it's because he has the looks of a leader to the team. HAHA..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny how did Wong Choon Hahn managed to enter the WC 2003 final... at that time he was my fav player... but now its Lee Chong Wei... hehe...

well, for starters, LCW is, and will never be an WCH or OEH, coz Lee is Lee... having said that, he still has time on his hands to change this and start winning major titles... or else he will be known as one of those nearly-players, which is something not everyone wants... WCH now is playing for fun and OEH is retired.... (anyone knows where and what is he upm 2 nowadays??)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm..I think I agree with you. Lee is Lee. And he still has time to do better than how is he doing now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

well, at this age..LCW is not young anymore and he has been in the top players league for about 3 years. It is all about mental strength at this level. I would say that he is more like ong ewe hock..loves crowd support and peak at malaysia open.

Asian games is another good example....he proceeded to semi final as expected...and lost to taufik....how many times he wants to lose to taufik??
    He lost to him in important big match like Athens and Doha...but he only beat him in Malaysia open.

Since taufik wants to win beijing gold...if taufik is on his way again in the semifinal...what is going to happen ???? from history, malaysian single players did not have good record against chinese player. i think malaysian only won 10% of them...look at how XXZ demolish choong hann or sunjun's record agst ewe hock or dongjiong good run over rashid sidek. Same thing for Hafiz, he only managed to beat chen hong ONCE......well, but still, i guess he is the most succesful ,msian player in 20 years because he has the BIGGEST trohpy amongst msians.... ...at least he is a champion for a very short while.....we cannot say a player is good if he keep on making it to semis but losing....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morten
    Think some of you are being a little to harsh against LCW. If we go back in time to 2003 malaysia had players like Roslin brothers, Lee tseung seng and WCH representing them at WC. At that time BCL and LD was already on the world circuit and actually a few months after WC LD started his impressive winning stream. At that time LCW was quite unknown to us non malaysian badminton fans. And keep in mind that it also took almost 2-3 years for a player like Lin Dan to achieve world class, so does it for LCW, and since 2005 LCW has really improved and you can start to see how Li maos work has payed off. I saw LCW playing in copenhagen in 2003, at that time he played a very defensive game and with the deception he has. At that time he lost to Jonassen cause he played way to defensive. Now Li mao has added some extra pace into him together with lots of offensive weapons. What the young lad needs from what i saw from WC 06 is a little coolness in the last points in every set, which comes with experience, and his major problem which is when he opponent lift the shuttle over LCW to hes deep forhand. Hes VERY vulnerable down there. But keep in mind that hes very young and due to entering stage later than BCL, LD and TH he may be "hungrier" to achieve succes. At the moment we have LD and TH as the favourites in tournaments, but LCW is together with Gade, CJ and BCL just 1 level below and im sure he will improve with time.
    Agree with what you said above and also Eurasian pointed out LCW progressed from not making MAS team at 20, to being MAS #1, LCW indeed improve a lot esp since I saw him at WC05. I think his technique, skills, footwork, speed and fitness are on par with the world's best, the missing puzzle could be consistency, match experience and a power smash, not just a potent cross-court smash which LCW possesses. There certainly is a small gap between TH/LD and LCW, his age is around TH/LD so I am not sure if he has enough time to catch TH/LD before WC07 and OG08 before LCW's career os over. And don't forget CJ, <20 yrs? young, will be the dark horse at WC07 or at OG08. In fact, I would prefer to be in CJ position in OG08, much less expectation and pressure than LD who seems to win Opens but not the majors (note that in WC07, LD did not play TH or LCW or PG to win). CJ is closing in to LCW, PG class and if I bet on OG08, I pick CJ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since this is the latest thread about LCW, here i go... hehe...

BTW, found this on Friendster, http://www.friendster.com/32604757 its a profile about LCW... to u, does it look real, or is it a fan who set this up? hehe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it is just something a fan made up. i dont know, but from the way the profile is written, it doesnt seem like the way he talks about himself.. if i've not mistaken, there is a profile of WCH which is almost the same as that one. i hate people who fake the players..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C L BAO
    i think it is just something a fan made up. i dont know, but from the way the profile is written, it doesnt seem like the way he talks about himself.. if i've not mistaken, there is a profile of WCH which is almost the same as that one. i hate people who fake the players..
    oh, don't hate them
    maybe that is the way they show their support to the players
    different people ve different way 2 show their support
    at least they bring us some 'hope' of finding the players profiles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_way
    well, at this age..LCW is not young anymore and he has been in the top players league for about 3 years. It is all about mental strength at this level. I would say that he is more like ong ewe hock..loves crowd support and peak at malaysia open.

Asian games is another good example....he proceeded to semi final as expected...and lost to taufik....how many times he wants to lose to taufik??
    He lost to him in important big match like Athens and Doha...but he only beat him in Malaysia open.

Since taufik wants to win beijing gold...if taufik is on his way again in the semifinal...what is going to happen ???? from history, malaysian single players did not have good record against chinese player. i think malaysian only won 10% of them...look at how XXZ demolish choong hann or sunjun's record agst ewe hock or dongjiong good run over rashid sidek. Same thing for Hafiz, he only managed to beat chen hong ONCE......well, but still, i guess he is the most succesful ,msian player in 20 years because he has the BIGGEST trohpy amongst msians.... ...at least he is a champion for a very short while.....we cannot say a player is good if he keep on making it to semis but losing....
    are u sure malaysia MS has bad record against chinese players...well.....not all.....actually Hafiz has quite a good record against chen hong.....and LCW has an amazing record against BCL....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW's record against BCL... *faint* I've nothing more to say about that... <_< haha..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_way

Dude, LCW come out much later than LD and TH and only became a top player in these 2 years. If im not wrong he only played in the international tournament in age of 22 which is much later comparing to TH came out at 17-18, LD came out at 19-20. And its funny to compare him to Ong, as Ong's ability is not even better than WCH. And another thing is that he nvr lost to TH in Athens Beside beating TH in Malaysia, he had also beaten him in TC qualifying round earlier this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know where is Ong Ewe Hock now?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might know tat...dato...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Anybody know where is Ong Ewe Hock now?
    saw him last 2 days..almost joining him fo dinner... ( got invited by Taipeh's coach)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    saw him last 2 days..almost joining him fo dinner... ( got invited by Taipeh's coach)
    Taipeh? U mean OEH in taiwan now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2