User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the previous matches are just preparations and to get more understanding of LD's games. In fact this is what LCW did in the 2/3 of this year, he tried to face LD as often as possible, got beaten and at the same time more understanding of LD. LCW is preparing for the WC. Unfortunately he fell before facing LD in the WC...

Quote Originally Posted by -MiYu-
    wow....if thats the fact....

taufik is just so smart. but if he knows bout Lin Dan's weakness, why did Lin Dan defeated him in the matches before the final?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    All the previous matches are just preparations and to get more understanding of LD's games. In fact this is what LCW did in the 2/3 of this year, he tried to face LD as often as possible, got beaten and at the same time more understanding of LD. LCW is preparing for the WC. Unfortunately he fell before facing LD in the WC...
    good! u got it
    TH done his homework and preparation for this final AE match. Is this smart?? yes and no. LD won all other previous matchs against TH in 2006 and came to play as tho it's like other previous meets and came second. Does this means he's dumb and lack talent? It come down to how u value each event.

Analogy: better to capture 2 rooks or 1 queen? It depends
    If u have short memory, u celebrate the most recent outcome coz that's what TH fans are relishing now since it will be a long dry spell until TH win another title.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-11-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good read...
    I was afraid of another bashing thread, but ncie to read...

though you make it sound like the services dominated the match, but that's probably my misinterpretation...

Though if I look, I also see a personal taste: if LD serves at TH's body TH líkes to hit it forehand...whil LD choose backhand.
    If it really was LD's weakness he'd have chosen to use his forehand..on som eoccasions.

But it does happen a lot, and isn't accidiental..great observation! I'd never have seen that...

EDIT: lookign at the match: LD's mostly serving straight (a safe bet).
    and TH mixes in a cross-serve, msotly on LD's backhand..But he does this just as much in his match against Chen Hong at the WC...
    Last edited by jerby; 12-11-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    good read...
    I was afraid of another bashing thread, but ncie to read...

though you make it sound like the services dominated the match, but that's probably my misinterpretation...

Though if I look, I also see a personal taste: if LD serves at TH's body TH líkes to hit it forehand...whil LD choose backhand.
    If it really was LD's weakness he'd have chosen to use his forehand..on som eoccasions.

But it does happen a lot, and isn't accidiental..great observation! I'd never have seen that...

EDIT: lookign at the match: LD's mostly serving straight (a safe bet).
    and TH mixes in a cross-serve, msotly on LD's backhand..But he does this just as much in his match against Chen Hong at the WC...
    I dont think the service was different from any other occasion..
    LD is usual with his service and can be quite cunning with his serve, he do quick flickserve to catch his opponent off guard.. but I thought TH's services was just as ordinary as well.. as he always tend to serve short mixing it up with wide and T serve...
    But whats definatly different with TH's game was he vary all his shots, tricking his opponent quite a number of time.. just finished watching his match against BCL.. its wow... unbelievable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Taufik is a smart player: he's not as 'overcoached' as Lin, and knows Lin to play the orthodox game on return of serve... But lin, though an exceptional athlete is not a great returner on the backhand side and that cost him. Ultimately, Lin has such an exceptional level of fitness/ agility it compensates for a lot of weaknesses. Would rate the skills of Taufik as superior (but Lin is stronger). So Taufik is a gambler in this match, and as TH's backhand is so legendary, and Lin doesn't want to play crosscourt, it makes sense to play him there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....backhand vs backhand (left hander vs right hander)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There has to be some minor flaw in a person's game when

leading 20-10 or sth against LCW & 20-18 against Th and still losing.

Th was struggling against LCW in semis,LD is still learning and improving.

TH is older and wiser, that is the magic of the 21 point scoring system,

gives opportunities for players with good strokes and fine touches to win

in some tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIN DAN now knows he has someone to contend with : TAUFIK.

Yes, Christmas comes early for Taufik. Even LCW admitted freely that Taufik is the man to beat.

So, can we expect more of the same from the man ? I think Taufik 'chooses' to play his best games when he is ready -- especially the 'big' games, e.g. Olympics, World, etc. Looking at his Asian gold medal match, the guy lifted to a higher level and there is this look in his eyes that he wants to win. He has shown us that if he wanted to win, it will be bloody hard to beat him.

So I think he will continue to do what he has done before : lose a few and call on his 'special reserve' for the big game that he wants to win. In my mind, he has show that he can beat all the players in the current circuit. He is the BEST --- no two ways about it !
    Last edited by X Ball; 12-11-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    That sounds...
    According to your logic, TH didn't go all out to try to beat LD in team events. Instead, he kept eyes on LD's move and actions and forget to win the match then 'gave away' the team gold medal to China, just to 'focus' on MS?
    May I say he's selfish, which I consider much worse than 'arrogant' if you are correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And... I find it interesting to read people's reactions after AG MS.
    What if, LD made 1 point progress after 20:17? (dont tell me it's impossible)
    What if, the game was brought to the rubber set?
    What if, LD won the 3rd set and became the new AG champion? (even TH himself admitted that he had less chance in 3rd set)

Then gentlemen, do we still have so many emphasis on TH's 'experience', 'smart', 'good net touch', 'well prepared', 'mental maturity'... etc. ? Can we see any LD's 'fault', 'nervousness' if he won all 3 encounters?

Come on guys, don't make judgements just by the known results.
    TH lost because that's a game. LD lost also because that's a game, but unfortunetly, the final game of MS gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanofans
    And... I find it interesting to read people's reactions after AG MS.
    What if, LD made 1 point progress after 20:17? (dont tell me it's impossible)
    What if, the game was brought to the rubber set?
    What if, LD won the 3rd set and became the new AG champion? (even TH himself admitted that he had less chance in 3rd set)

Then gentlemen, do we still have so many emphasis on TH's 'experience', 'smart', 'good net touch', 'well prepared', 'mental maturity'... etc. ? Can we see any LD's 'fault', 'nervousness' if he won all 3 encounters?

Come on guys, don't make judgements just by the known results.
    TH lost because that's a game. LD lost also because that's a game, but unfortunetly, the final game of MS gold.
    I thought the review and replies was quite neutral and fair so far....
    LD was playing quite well in 2nd game, alot of us here acknowledged that..
    No doubt he could have grab gold if it went to rubber set.. however that didn't happened really.. so its the similar dilemma he suffered against LCW in MO06... so is it wrong to make a detail analysis of the game base on what we saw?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    I thought the review and replies was quite neutral and fair so far....
    LD was playing quite well in 2nd game, alot of us here acknowledged that..
    No doubt he could have grab gold if it went to rubber set.. however that didn't happened really.. so its the similar dilemma he suffered against LCW in MO06... so is it wrong to make a detail analysis of the game base on what we saw?
    Actually I learnt from the technical analysis here.
    What I am talking about is just a general feeling that we can be too happy to have exaggarated the 'bright side of force' by the victory of our favorite players. Or the 'dark side' will overwhelm when they lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ok maybe taufik was a little lucky to have easy win on the last few points in 2nd set which lin dan gave away with unforce error (but not the winning point) so what?
    so what if lin dan win taufik?
    in future when u look at OG gold, AG gold or maybe some "BIG" tournament whose name will be there HAHAHA

lin dan might win taufik a few times, or win so many people all the time...
    but taufik just need to win at the right place, right time, right style and will be remember forever HAHAHA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChompChomp
    ok ok maybe taufik was a little lucky to have easy win on the last few points in 2nd set which lin dan gave away with unforce error (but not the winning point) so what?
    so what if lin dan win taufik?
    in future when u look at OG gold, AG gold or maybe some "BIG" tournament whose name will be there HAHAHA

lin dan might win taufik a few times, or win so many people all the time...
    but taufik just need to win at the right place, right time, right style and will be remember forever HAHAHA
    Yes, you exactly got my point. China got 120+ golds in this AG. So what?
    TH beat LD in AG MS final, that is to say he's better than LD in that game, and vice vesa. Nothing else.

I can sense the subtle mental advantage of TH over LD, part from the honor he got, and part from the difference of pressure behind. And I recognize his net and backhand skill as the best in the world. What I don't agree is the saying 'if he wants, he gets'. I don't want people to admit that TH didn't beat LD in team events because that's not the right place, right time, and the victory of INA team will not be remembered forever so he 'didnt want'. LOL

If you initiate a poll out of BC or badminton fans, whoever can tell who's TH and who's LD? Do you know who's the gold medal winner of 2004 OG Marathon?

Back to my points, who's better than whom, is it really important? They brought us the pleasure of great games. That's enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to my points, who's better than whom, is it really important? They brought us the pleasure of great games. That's enough.
    I kinda disagree somewhat even though you rightly claim it was a pleasure watching them play at that level.

To me, I watched because it was Taufik (the underdog) beating LD (the supremist, having almost everything this year) that was important. I would not have watched if it was a match with "BAO vs LD" or "LD vs CJ" in it.

So it is important to know "who's better than whom" (as per your statement above).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    I kinda disagree somewhat even though you rightly claim it was a pleasure watching them play at that level.

To me, I watched because it was Taufik (the underdog) beating LD (the supremist, having almost everything this year) that was important. I would not have watched if it was a match with "BAO vs LD" or "LD vs CJ" in it.

So it is important to know "who's better than whom" (as per your statement above).
    then honestly, congrat to u TH fans for he's better this time
    actually it's odd although I support LD I am using TH strategies(net play and kills, backhand drops, doesn't mean I am not capable of jump smash) to defeat a friend who's supporting TH and favors all kinds of smashes... LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then honestly, congrat to u TH fans for he's better this time
    actually it's odd although I support LD I am using TH strategies(net play and kills, backhand drops, doesn't mean I am not capable of jump smash) to defeat a friend who's supporting TH and favors all kinds of smashes... LOL
    U should use whatever makes u win ! Also, get LYB as coach coz he is good at supporting his players (he belittles/softens your opponents for you !). LOL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast