User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    Did you expect anything different from most of Taufik's die-hard fans??? Just remember, they praise Taufik if he wins, and curse the opponent when Taufik loses + find excuses. Seriously, by now, if you are still expecting intelligent discussions... you are in the wrong forum... time for me to go back to technique section, search for some useful information and skip all the rest of the garbage.
    your advice is well noted
    it's hard to have intelligent discussion when the other party is on cloud 9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    Did you expect anything different from most of Taufik's die-hard fans??? Just remember, they praise Taufik if he wins, and curse the opponent when Taufik loses + find excuses. Seriously, by now, if you are still expecting intelligent discussions... you are in the wrong forum... time for me to go back to technique section, search for some useful information and skip all the rest of the garbage.
    Judging from your post you sound like one of them too
    you are not helping either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    .....but LD was actually one point from winning the whole match. At 20-17, if LD capture just 1 more rally point and force a rubber, TH is a goner and all this talk of net supremacy, smart serving, master game plan, great preparation by TH would be moot.
    Sorry, i have to disagree with you. LD was one point from winning the 2nd GAME only, not the whole match. if he did, his chance is HIGHER only, but not a 100% sure, nobody knows what would happen if that match would go to the 3rd, same as before the final, some people predicted TH would lost consecutively for 3rd time to LD (judging by their previous enncounter and LD win in SF) in 2 weeks (even I predicted that), but it's wrong, so.....since nobody knows because it didn't happen at all, then pointless to say 'if' and 'if'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yah, i'm waiting too..

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    Good discussions !! I'm waiting for scene 2......
    ...hmm, it's nearly 48 hrs. since he posted; i wonder what quisitor must be or has been analyzing??...hmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...hmm, it's nearly 48 hrs. since he posted; i wonder what quisitor must be or has been analyzing??...hmm
    if you mean scene 2, it is out already in the other separate thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    great analysis. we need more quality posts like this instead of the mindless fighting between TH and LD supporters.
    i totally agree...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh my gosh...you're right..

Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    if you mean scene 2, it is out already in the other separate thread
    ..yah, i just noticed it also... .wow, it's another long post, even longer than the 1st scene...hmm, i might have to take my time reading that(maybe 3 or 4 times)...i wonder if the 3rd scene will be even longer than the 2nd??..*gasp*..
    Anyways, i just took a quick skim over it, to read parts of it and looks like it has covered a lot of what's already been mentioned by a lot of us posters...
    hmm, no wonder it took nearly 48 hrs to put all that together..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-13-2006 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets put it this way. LD will have to play his best and Taufik on an average day and may be make some errors., to win. LD has no confidence with himself winning over TH even before the game start. Just like Donald Trump says, if you want to be succeed as a millionaire, you have to think like a millionaire.Otherwise you are always just an average guy..let alone be the front of everyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JPPPHIL
    Lets put it this way. LD will have to play his best and Taufik on an average day and may be make some errors., to win. LD has no confidence with himself winning over TH even before the game start. Just like Donald Trump says, if you want to be succeed as a millionaire, you have to think like a millionaire.Otherwise you are always just an average guy..let alone be the front of everyone...
    hahaha, Donald trump say things what to should but not do what he says hahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day, its the results that counts.
    If you agree with me. one cant be correct all the time.
    A guy that turns form 3 billion in red and then 4 billion in the black in just over 3-4 years..lucky ?? you gotta work very hard to get your luck...
    Just like Chelsea and MU., they start great, but Liverpool is the one dats in the final, 2nd time in 3 years.. the BEST team ?? the Best team is sitting at home watching the others play. have agreat day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both TH and LD are good players with 'colorful' characters in their own respective way and that's why they draw so much interest from the media & fans.
    However, at the AO '06, TH did the unexpected when he made some comments about LD which caught everybody offguard. If the media & fans were 'surprised/shocked", what more about LD. esp. when LD had once said that he has high respect for TH. Emotionally, LD was affected much as he tried to brush off that statement when approached by the media and I believe it affected his performance throughout the AO.
    Sadly at the SO recently, TH was asked about his relationship with LD & I am glad that TH has come to his senses and gave a positive reply.
    It's understandable that fans idolise their favourite player/s but I believe that if we do not have anything good/nice to say about other players/fans, it's best to say the least. For me, without these good players, tournaments would be less interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though I'm a big fan of Taufik, most people here are way too subjective. You can't be number 1 in the world if you have a single big weakness, and in my opinion every other player has more weaknesses than LD. The difference between a good player and a truly great player is consistency and dominance, and LD is well on his way to becoming a great player because he has been no. 1 for a while now. However Taufik has many weaknesses, mainly his inconsistency and lack of fitness. Although Taufik is exceptionally talented, he doesn't make the most of it, and I would not consider him as a badminton great until he can become world number 1 and hold onto it.

When Taufik says that he doesn't care about rankings, just winning tournaments, I think it's an awful attitude. Someone who is really passionate about badminton would want to become as good as they can and win as much as they can, I can't imagine any Tennis player having this type of attitude. If Taufik really was passionate about badminton, I could have seen him becoming the "Federer" of badminton and have dominated for the last few years, because noone else in the world even comes near him in terms of talent and instinct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loppy.,

YOu wont enjoy that much anymore if LD wins everything.
    Federer, Tiger Woods, Sorenstam,Graf.,
    Arent you sick to hear Tiger wins another one and Federer and and...
    thats bad for any sport events.
    let others havd a chance. cheers..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is up there with my favourite players but I rarely cheer for him as he wins enough anyway. It's always going to mean a lot more to the player who beats Lin Dan than to Lin Dan when he wins yet another match. Of course Lin Dan deserves to win when he does but I do enjoy a bit of variety. That's why I was so pleased when I saw the results of the Singapore Open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik got good mental.. He's not easily shaken... Btw, a chinese website said that, Lin Dan fear to meet Taufik Hidayat.. And that comes from Lin's mouth, no joke... And, Taufik was the first man to be fear of by the chinese players and coaches... Almost the same as Hendri Saputra, Yang Yang searched for him (other players too), when he suddenly disappeared, coz of liver illness... Yang Yang never won him, lost 2 times..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimpe_bultang
    Taufik got good mental.. He's not easily shaken... Btw, a chinese website said that, Lin Dan fear to meet Taufik Hidayat.. And that comes from Lin's mouth, no joke... And, Taufik was the first man to be fear of by the chinese players and coaches... Almost the same as Hendri Saputra, Yang Yang searched for him (other players too), when he suddenly disappeared, coz of liver illness... Yang Yang never won him, lost 2 times..
    Well actually when Taufik chose not to play in a tournament (All England 2007 I think) Lin Dan actually stated in a press conference that he was rather disappointed as he thought it would've been interesting to play him.

Chinese web pages, or web pages in general can say whatever they want, there might actually be no truth behind the statements there are as practically anyone can put it up there.
    Last edited by Chire; 05-12-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think Taufik and Lin Dan enjoy the challenge of playing each other.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast