User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik didn't go to All England 2007, why? Because he was annoyed by PBSI, and tried to protest... Anyway, we've disscussed abt this somewhere in the other threads, lol... I frgt which...
    Lin Dan IS quite afraid of Taufik, since Taufik is the only one that can beat him (when Lin's fit)... And, abt the chinese website, they interviewed Lin Dan himself.. And he did confess..

I am sure that they enjoy their games against each other, but we rarely see a game that is complete right? I mean, there was a time that Taufik walked out of the court bcoz of the line judge.. And all sorts of things... However, between their mental strength, Taufik got a better mental than Lin...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimpe_bultang
    Taufik didn't go to All England 2007, why? Because he was annoyed by PBSI, and tried to protest... Anyway, we've disscussed abt this somewhere in the other threads, lol... I frgt which...
    Lin Dan IS quite afraid of Taufik, since Taufik is the only one that can beat him (when Lin's fit)... And, abt the chinese website, they interviewed Lin Dan himself.. And he did confess..

I am sure that they enjoy their games against each other, but we rarely see a game that is complete right? I mean, there was a time that Taufik walked out of the court bcoz of the line judge.. And all sorts of things... However, between their mental strength, Taufik got a better mental than Lin...
    I tend to think otherwise. I think Lin Dan has way better mental than Taufik. The HK controversal line call proves my point really well - Taufik walking out just after the first controversal call in the match, the situation being like, 4-3 in the first set? Plus LD often loses the first set against almost any good player, but manages to win the second by a thin margin. That's really some nerves he's got!

And I don't really get it why everyone says LD actually fears TH, when he himself says the contrary - he's looking forward to playing Taufik again. And Taufik isn't the only one who's capable of beating Lin Dan, there are lots of good players that occasionally are able to win against LD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the story behind taufik and lin dan

{Chire quote}And I don't really get it why everyone says LD actually fears TH, when he himself says the contrary - he's looking forward to playing Taufik again. And Taufik isn't the only one who's capable of beating Lin Dan, there are lots of good players that occasionally are able to win against LD.

I see your point. Sometimes the media puts forward questions in such a way that players are in an awkward position eg once a journalist asked LD whether he is confident of playing PG. If you are in a hurry, you will just give a 'yes' or 'no' answer. LD said 'yes' & he was perceived to be arrogant. The media didn't elaborate that when PG played CH at one time, LD remarked that he admired PG for his patience & endurance, doesn't play like a typical European.
    Sometimes players & coaches make careless statements and once picked up by the media, they go beserk. Fans also have their own perceptions which others picked up as nothing but the truth.
    For me, I just want to appreciate TH & LD for having made badminton more enjoyable in their own unique ways.
    Last edited by Joyous; 05-15-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: wrong word

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimpe_bultang

*cough*
    mentally weak doesnt mean LD afraid TH, that would an exaggeration or myth created by taufik fans. LD had lost to alot of players, is LD afraid of them too?
    In cases where LD unexpectedly lost because i believe is the pressure from his countrymen, not taufik, gade, lee HI or any other opponents.

Taufik fans have an one way view of things. So, if taufik lost, is he afraid of those players? Or one of the list of many other reasons of losing LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler you know you really don't have to constantly go on about "Taufik fans". You make a lot of generalisations... You also don't seem to be able to see your own bias toward Lin Dan. And in that, I hardly think you're supporting the point of your posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    Cooler you know you really don't have to constantly go on about "Taufik fans". You make a lot of generalisations... You also don't seem to be able to see your own bias toward Lin Dan. And in that, I hardly think you're supporting the point of your posts.
    can u be more specific, mr. specific?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope I don't see why I need to? I'm not pointing at any specific post or anything. It should be quite obvious what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by phaarix; 05-16-2007 at 04:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no fans of Taufik and Lin.. But, really, it's the truth.. I'm not like, posting it just for fun.. Regarding Taufik walking off the game when it was ard 4-3, he was not happy bcs of the line judge's decision... I mean, he's got quite a bad temper, and he doesn't like unfair judgements, that's why he did not wish to continue the game..

When they are like, playing their best games, in their prime condition, it's very hard to beat these two... And, Taufik's type of game is really dangerous for Lin, as Lin plays a fast offensive game, while Taufik plays a defense but can suddenly attack kind of game.. TH plays more with mind... Just like how Boonsak plays...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All i know is they r badminton player,n they are both human,with 2 different personalities.I'm sure u get what i mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.. I get it, Smichz...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are u pro in badminton well done man!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    All i know is they r badminton player,n they are both human,with 2 different personalities.I'm sure u get what i mean.

Couldn't agree with you any better as I think I have said something similar like that many times - human with different personalities. Ha..ha.. one likes to talk beyond boundaries and the other.....let his emotions speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chire View Post
    I tend to think otherwise. I think Lin Dan has way better mental than Taufik. The HK controversal line call proves my point really well - Taufik walking out just after the first controversal call in the match, the situation being like, 4-3 in the first set? Plus LD often loses the first set against almost any good player, but manages to win the second by a thin margin. That's really some nerves he's got!

And I don't really get it why everyone says LD actually fears TH, when he himself says the contrary - he's looking forward to playing Taufik again. And Taufik isn't the only one who's capable of beating Lin Dan, there are lots of good players that occasionally are able to win against LD.
    You should have seen LD's fear of Taufik in their last MSF in SO here. LD's was so afraid he couldn't play his badminton cos he was frozen so he got thrashed. However, the good news is LD no longer fear Taufik.
    The bad news is if LD meets Taufik before MSF, he 's unlikely to win the title.Reason being LD gets mentally washed out after playing Taufik (provided the match is completed of course) .Taufik's playing style is so hard to predict, LD has to be mentally alert throughout the whole match. So it's PSH's gift to meet and beat a mentally drained LD in MO07. That's why even after beating Taufik in JO06,looking at his pose standing on the winner's podium, he seemed mentally too tired to realise or celebrate his victory.
    And what should LD say when Taufik don't turn up, other than missing a challenge? 'Great! Then I have one less worry!' LD is quite media savvy like Taufik so the media are not going to get the whole truth out of him.You know who are not media savvy? MAS players.The media usually strip them naked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=pjswift;582353] That's why even after beating Taufik in JO06,looking at his pose standing on the winner's podium, he seemed mentally too tired to realise or celebrate his victory.

I beg to differ and quote the commentator on the 3rd game that TH was mentally blown away. Whatever TH's reason was, only he himself knows best for that final 3rd game. The 1st 2 games were evenly matched and I believe nobody (player & fans) were honestly happy with the way TH conducted himself at the final game, unless of course one is a die-hard TH fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimpe_bultang View Post
    I'm no fans of Taufik and Lin.. But, really, it's the truth.. I'm not like, posting it just for fun.. Regarding Taufik walking off the game when it was ard 4-3, he was not happy bcs of the line judge's decision... I mean, he's got quite a bad temper, and he doesn't like unfair judgements, that's why he did not wish to continue the game..

When they are like, playing their best games, in their prime condition, it's very hard to beat these two... And, Taufik's type of game is really dangerous for Lin, as Lin plays a fast offensive game, while Taufik plays a defense but can suddenly attack kind of game.. TH plays more with mind... Just like how Boonsak plays...
    Agreed..Tat's y i like to c TH plays!!
    But he can't juz giv up the game bcos he hate the judgement!!Actually in every competition,there will be unfair judgement!!But it doesn't mean tat TH wil lost bcos of tis!!As a top player,we should think like tis 'I can win with my skill,my ability'!!
    Last edited by Felicia_txh; 05-26-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, guys... er... I don't mean to be rude, but... you guys are still posting on the 2006 Asian Games thread... It's May 2007 today... Sudirman Cup coming up... Let's discuss Taufik Hidayat vs. Lin Dan there... a more updated discussion of the present in a 2007 thread...

Sorry, this is just my own humble opinion... Please don't kill me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krisna, maybe we'll just grill you?? LOL.. Well, Felicia_txh, it's just Taufik's nature to hate those kind of unfairness.. Although Taufik's and Boonsak's type of game is almost the same, but Boonsak is much more patient than Taufik.. Maybe the nature of Thai ppl?? During S'pore Open 07, Boonsak was irritated by the line judge twice, but he kept on playing.. If it was Taufik, the game would stop right there...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast