User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quisitor definetely knows his stuff about badminton and is very intelligent with words. However, I don't think his analysis is entirely correct. If Lin Dan wasn't a smart player, he could've been upset by Taufik by disrupting his footwork tempo. However I wouldn't say Lin Dan is that much of a fool.

One thing to note, is that Lin Dan has the ability to hold off his pace till the last moment and still manage to take the shuttle very early to play an offensive shot. This is due to the sheer explosiveness of his footwork, agility, height and reach. In Taufik's game he managed to hold off his pace very well, however most of the times he was just rallying around with Taufik. Probably a tactic employed to wear down Taufik. However this wasn't working very well in the second set and as such we see Lin Dan increasing his pace at around when Taufik reached 9 points.

Why there is not so many smashes? One is because Lin Dan couldn't dominate the net well enough to force Taufik to play bad lift. For when Taufik lifted, Lin Dan would play a dropshot more often than not if Taufik was moving back into position comfortably. This is because Taufik is fast enough in terms of speed and reaction to retrieve Lin Dan's smash. For when Taufik is moving back desperately, Lin Dan would most definetely opt for a smash.

Another reason for dragging the game into such a long rally most of the time is probably to wear down Taufik's legs. Reason for this is to reduce Taufik's speed so that Lin Dan could earn his winning points with fast smashes and also not to waste energy smashing because Taufik would most probably neutralize his attacks.

An interesting thing to note, is that Lin Dan's game play has changed quite a lot compared to when he first started rising in 2003 and 2004. Back then I could recall his game play to be sheer speed and power in terms of both offense and defense, with less patience to play long ended rallies. Now his game play looks as if its becoming more and more about maneuvering and using his speed and powers only as necessary or tactically to crush down his opponent's confidence. Or in the case of Lee Hyun Ill during the Individual games, for revenge If I were Lin Dan, I would like to play against Taufik trying to out-maneuvere him to gain more experience in such a fine game play Maybe that's another reason why Lin Dan played so much to Taufik's advantage in the first set.
    Last edited by Iwan; 01-06-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna read it after i finish my badminton session.GTG now..hehe..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading on page 2 , that Taufik smokes and drinks , i also heard this a lot , and last year when i was watching the all england open , i was sitting next too a lot of indonesian fans , they said he lost because of lack of stamina , due too his bad habits. I think that is awful that someone with such great talent wastes it like that , when practically all there life they train for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik was a fantastic player.....because he is so lazy now that his coach is having problems getting him to train daily. He can still be a fantastic player if he go back to his daily training with his coach.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3