User Tag List

Page 103 of 326 FirstFirst ... 3 53 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,735 to 1,751 of 5541

Thread: APACS fan club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meilim2009 View Post
    you want constructive comment roy b? there you go:

For Apacs range. It is just damn hard work using it. It lacks power and it does not offer too much in the way of control either. I cannot put my finger on why this is, but the racket feels dead. An example of this is when i tried to lift off a smash. The shuttle went half court. You really have to put in the work to get the shuttle to the back of the court. This is not ideal at all. The same problem occurs when clearing from baseline to baseline, you have to give it extra effort to make the shuttle go.

I also found it very difficult to control the shuttle, especially when blocking to the net. My blocks kept on "popping up" to the net, i could not get my returns tight to the net. And bear in mind that this was strung at 28lbs tension, so it should, in theory, have offered more control. After about an hour of this, i did manage to get used to it, but even then the racket just did not feel right. Now, it may just be me, so if anyone else has got this racket i would really like your take on it.
    Thank you . That is constructive, without the bull.

And actually, some of your comments I totally agree with. My Yonex, Kason and Victor rackets are superior in performance to my Apacs - the point I try to make is that it comes at a cost, and with Yonex a high cost. I also understand your point about 'feel' - this is MUCH more important than technical jargon and marketing hype . I'm glad that we can find agreement here - however, please don't damn others who 'feel' differently about these rackets.

By the way, you don't mention the model of apacs you are talking about ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Apacs range. It is just damn hard work using it. It lacks power and it does not offer too much in the way of control either. I cannot put my finger on why this is, but the racket feels dead. An example of this is when i tried to lift off a smash. The shuttle went half court. You really have to put in the work to get the shuttle to the back of the court. This is not ideal at all. The same problem occurs when clearing from baseline to baseline, you have to give it extra effort to make the shuttle go.

I also found it very difficult to control the shuttle, especially when blocking to the net. My blocks kept on "popping up" to the net, i could not get my returns tight to the net. And bear in mind that this was strung at 28lbs tension, so it should, in theory, have offered more control. After about an hour of this, i did manage to get used to it, but even then the racket just did not feel right. Now, it may just be me, so if anyone else has got this racket i would really like your take on it.
    if you read your post, you will realize that the fact is that you could have contributed to many of the problems you associate with the rackets.

For instance, you have to put extra effort into hitting at 28 pounds. that could be a technique problem. don't worry, there are some badminton players that have it as well. it could have been to tight for you. what do you usually string at.

Don't assume because you have strung it tighter, you will gain more control. In fact, that could screw up the feel even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi bro, you can compare apacs with yonex, i cannot compare apacs with yamasaki meh???
    you know how yonex or apacs racket is manufactured meh???
    can you share how???
    Hmm....I have only one word for you...

NOOB!

Don't comment on how bad or how good a brand or racquet is until you have the competency in badminton. If you can't understand equipment standards, keep your thoughts to yourself. Yonex has to regain all those money they put into advertising, thus the high price. Apacs is not doing much advertising (I actually have never seen one), therefore, lower price.

Da a little more RESEARCH before commenting. Useless comments will only make you look rather silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound more like skill and technique problem then the racket problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    I'm one of those who use both Yonex and Apacs.

For the record, I have these 'twins':

Yonex Armortec 900 Technique & Apacs Nano 900 Power (white)
    Yonex Armortec 900 Power & Apacs Nano 900 Power (red)
    Yonex Nanospeed 9900 & Apacs Nano 9900 Power
    Yonex 700 Limited & Apacs Nanotec 700 Limited
    Yonex ArcSaber 7 & Apacs EdgeSaber 7
    Yonex ArcSaber 10 & Apacs EdgeSaber 10

Without doubt, the Apacs models are lookalikes of the Yonex bestsellers.
    But the similarity ends with the paint scheme - the racquets are extremely dissimilar in features like shaft stiffness, head weight and balance points.

As such, it is illogical to compare, say, the ArcSaber 7 with the EdgeSaber 7 on the basis of how better or worse one is in respect of the other.

In short, it serves no purpose to buy the Nanotec 700 Limited if the intention is to get a racquet that feels similar to the the Armortec 700 Limited. But if the intention is merely to acquire a good racquet, the Nanotec 700 Limited is indeed a very meaningful choice.

In my view, there is no dispute that Apacs makes very good racquets and also that they are great value for money. If you support the 'value for money' proposition, it does make a lot of sense to choose Apacs over Yonex
    Well said!
    You can't compare the clonexes with the originals, but Apacs' clonex range is definitely bang for buck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ??? badminton Racket

Interesting arguments .. here

Apacs has too many models. Apacs has to take care too many Different type of customers. tight buget, money is not issue, everything has to be new, play once in a while, always look good...etc.. That's why we have about 200 models.

Every badminton racket manufacturer can manufacture "PRO" class racket. Racket technology is not rocket science. Even rocket science.... China can make their own rocket... North Korea, India have their own nuclear weapon.

Lin Ning just bought out Kason and China team won everything in Surirman Cup. Korea team in second using Victor.....Everyone saw how Lin Dan(using Li-Ning) beat LCW(YY as usual) again.. Korea another outstand team. We can't say Li-Ning or Victor racket beat YY racket. Lin Dan using Victor before when he was in Junior team in China.

In the journey of searching a workable racket for yourself. Open yourself to every brand and technology. You really need to try before you can believe what you can do with it.

Look at the Tennis and Golf world... Do they have only 1 SUPER BRAND? The market is much bigger than badminton so... all the brand just invest on marketing.... YY do have tennis racket and golf club. How come they can't rule those sports....

By the way, Apacs Hong Kong web-site launched recently...... check it out

Enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApacsCanada View Post
    By the way, Apacs Hong Kong web-site launched recently...... check it out

Enjoy
    Will there be a retail store in Hong Kong? I sure will visit it when I have the chance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    calm down ladies and gentlemen.
    this thread is for Apacs's fan. Yonex fan or Li Ning fan can share their opinion in relevant thread.

i am Liverpool fan and i dont seem like to enter MU club
    Yeah Drifit ! Str8 to point ! We share the moment using Apacs racquets not comparing to some other manufacturers. Dun like Apacs means read and leave dun leave any unrelated comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody can give me some reviews on edgesaber 10.?

i wanna buy the racket so looking for some review/ things to take note

thx alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon96 View Post
    anybody can give me some reviews on edgesaber 10.?

i wanna buy the racket so looking for some review/ things to take note

thx alot.
    the easiest thing?

go search on the forum. there are plenty review. search this thread as well, there will be even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApacsCanada View Post
    Lin Dan using Victor before when he was in Junior team in China.
    your point still stands, but i think Lin Dan used the Kason Super TSF 98 Glory while he was a junior. and i don't know how... is quite a odd racket.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    I'm one of those who use Yonex
    Yonex Nanospeed 9900
    for what is the most important, i still can win against you by using Apacs Nano 9900 Power.
    Li Ning N90? bring-it-on! as long as i have decent racket with string, i have no problem in beating you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, i m new here. I m searching for a racquet myself now. However, i realised that Apacs model's rhymes so much like Yonex's. E.g. Arc Saber 10 and Edge Saber 10. Why like that?
    Seems like Apacs is trying to save marketing cost by rhyming their products close to Yonex's product. How come there's no control?
    Sorry if i offend anyone here, i new to badminton and this forum.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    for what is the most important, i still can win against you by using Apacs Nano 9900 Power.
    Li Ning N90? bring-it-on! as long as i have decent racket with string, i have no problem in beating you.
    hey, i 've also just bought the Apacs Nano 9900 Power
    btw, any reviews on that racket yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    Have you ever tried an APACS racquet?

If you think that Yonex is in the lab cooking up CS Nanotubes and such you are wrong. They buy their graphite from the big graphite manufacturers just like everyone else.

Also, Yonex spends a lot more on marketing and sponsorship than APACS and probably has a much higher profit margin.

Try one of the APACS originals and I think that you'll be convinced that they make quality racquets. I'm not saying that they are better than Yonex, but they make a wide range of different style racquets and 1/4 to 1/2 the price of Yonex.

Hi Hi!
    May i know what do you mean by "APACS originals"? You mean APACS got non original products??? Please advise, i m trying to get myself a pair or two rackets.
    Do you mean APACS copy some other product's design, appearance and so on? That's stealing! Issit that piracy? No wonder i always see people here saying that APACS got low cost, cos i guess they have no R&D cost and they leech on to others advertisement and marketing. This is killing the sport! Disgusting! Pui! Will not get myself a APACS products.

When you say "I'm not saying that they are better than Yonex", are you implying that Yonex is better? Please advise, i m trying to get myself a pair or two rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello Jolene81, "APACS originals" are the racquet lines designed by themselves -> mostly Tantrum, Visible Hollow, Lethal, Furious...I've got myself a Visible Hollow 1800.

the non-originals would be the clones of other brands...their paints look quite similar to the big brand racquets...but plays differently, technology maybe just up to a standard racquet's e.g. no special features...just a fairly standard racquet. need the other BC Apacs fans to verify this. These are for budget tight players. I got 2 of these as my 1st racquet purchases (the Edgesaber 10 and Nano 1900 Speed).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yanzhi0714 View Post
    hello Jolene81, "APACS originals" are the racquet lines designed by themselves -> mostly Tantrum, Visible Hollow, Lethal, Furious...I've got myself a Visible Hollow 1800.

the non-originals would be the clones of other brands...their paints look quite similar to the big brand racquets...but plays differently, technology maybe just up to a standard racquet's e.g. no special features...just a fairly standard racquet. need the other BC Apacs fans to verify this. These are for budget tight players. I got 2 of these as my 1st racquet purchases (the Edgesaber 10 and Nano 1900 Speed).

Hi Hi!
    Thank you for sharing. Just wondering APACS started out with non originals or originals rackets?