User Tag List

Page 195 of 326 FirstFirst ... 95 145 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 3,299 to 3,315 of 5541

Thread: APACS fan club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Compare Lethal 7, Lethal 90, Tantrum 200, Stern 100

I've recently started playing Badminton again after about 20 years, my old rackets were Kennex 858s that were looking the worst for ware and needed restringing.
    Instead of getting my old rackets restrung I decided to treat myself to some new rackets.

I initially bought a two racket special deal which included an Apacs Stern 100 and an Apacs Lethal 7.

As expected the Stern 100 played very similar to my Kennex 858s - a good all round racket.

The Lethal 7 was a great suprise being very fast and powerful. Using the Lethal 7 my backhand power improved tremendously with no extra effort.

Very Impressed with these rackets I decided to try the high end rackets i.e. Tantrum 200 and Lethal 90.

I was a little disappointed by the Lethal 90 it looks and plays like a slower/heavier version of the Lethal 7 - on the other hand it has more control and is a lot more stable.

The Tantrum 200 is my racket of choice it gives excelent control, is very stable and can generate a good deal of power.

Note these are my opinions after 6-8 games with each racket (I reserve the right to change my mind in the future), the rackets were strung as follows:

Stern 100 - Yonex BG80 at 23 pounds
    Lethal 7 - Apacs Stern 9 at 24 pounds
    Lethal 90 - Yonex BG80 at 25 pounds
    Tantrum 200 - Yonex BG80 at 23 pounds

Here is how I rate each racket:

Name:  APACS_compare.JPG
Views: 1153
Size:  22.5 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got new information ... there are 3 more new rackets from Apacs (i think all of them are beginner series) :
    - Wrex Stinger
    - Wrex Hammer
    - Wrex Zen

specs for Rapier88 & Rapier110 :
    Weight. : 4 U(84-86 gr)
    Flex. : 8.5-9.0
    BP : 285+/-3
    Length. : 675mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone knows the differences between the Howler offensive and Speed?
    got information from the store ...
    both of them are upgrade version of Lethal 90 ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindo View Post
    got information from the store ...
    both of them are upgrade version of Lethal 90 ...
    any more detailed information?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seldont View Post
    I've recently started playing Badminton again after about 20 years, my old rackets were Kennex 858s that were looking the worst for ware and needed restringing.
    Instead of getting my old rackets restrung I decided to treat myself to some new rackets.

I initially bought a two racket special deal which included an Apacs Stern 100 and an Apacs Lethal 7.

As expected the Stern 100 played very similar to my Kennex 858s - a good all round racket.

The Lethal 7 was a great suprise being very fast and powerful. Using the Lethal 7 my backhand power improved tremendously with no extra effort.

Very Impressed with these rackets I decided to try the high end rackets i.e. Tantrum 200 and Lethal 90.

I was a little disappointed by the Lethal 90 it looks and plays like a slower/heavier version of the Lethal 7 - on the other hand it has more control and is a lot more stable.

The Tantrum 200 is my racket of choice it gives excelent control, is very stable and can generate a good deal of power.

Note these are my opinions after 6-8 games with each racket (I reserve the right to change my mind in the future), the rackets were strung as follows:

Good review. What's the flex on Lethal 7? One seller says it's flexible and another one says its stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy87 View Post
    any more detailed information?
    errr ...
    the store owner mentioned that both product are still in final adjustment before release
    so by now, they haven't released any detailed information about both racket
    both racket are hi-end racket from apacs ....

and ... new apacs raket, Wrex Punch will be released by next month

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Information that i have from one best seller APACS at Malaysia, now APACS more concentrate on their series. Such as Lethal, Slayer, Visible Hollow, Tantrum and etc. .

They have try to reduced the clones series. And they start using highest quality material for APACS mid end series, they already using CNT ( Carbon Nano Tube ). Using this material increase performance and feeling of the rackets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed.......similarly like I've reviewed here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...m-200-analysis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hye all, a new member here and this is my first post :-)

I'm looking for cheaper racket with good quality and the only brand in my mind is APACS. So instead of open new thread, i guess it is better to post it here.

Currently i'm using Gosen Aerolite 1 ( I don't know the exact model) which was a good racket until i strung it at 26lbs (NBG 98, the best string i ever used) and the head frame starts to shrunk and not stable. I really like this heavy head racket = good smash.

So i'm looking for a racket with these characteristic and need some recommendations :-)

1) Isometric/square shape
    2) Heavy head racket for good smash
    3) Can go higher in tension (26 or 28lbs)
    4) Short grip
    5) For double player

I got Yonex Carbonex 8600 and Finnex Nano Extreme but i just don't like it. A shop owner suggest me APACS Power Concept 700 and above but i just need some of your opinions.

Oh ya my level of play: intermediate and i'm getting better with the guides from this forum. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mallulover View Post
    Good review. What's the flex on Lethal 7? One seller says it's flexible and another one says its stiff.
    The racket says stiffness=9.5 which should be very stiff, however in play the racket feels quite 'whippy' (in a good way). I'm not sure if this means the racket is not as stiff as stated or whether it's because the racket head is so fast. To me it feels more flexible than the other rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The racket says stiffness=9.5 which should be very stiff, however in play the racket feels quite 'whippy' (in a good way). I'm not sure if this means the racket is not as stiff as stated or whether it's because the racket head is so fast. To me it feels more flexible than the other rackets.
    the bigger the number, the flexier it is
    T200 is 8.0-8.5 i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeviLxDeviL View Post
    Hye all, a new member here and this is my first post :-)

I'm looking for cheaper racket with good quality and the only brand in my mind is APACS. So instead of open new thread, i guess it is better to post it here.

Currently i'm using Gosen Aerolite 1 ( I don't know the exact model) which was a good racket until i strung it at 26lbs (NBG 98, the best string i ever used) and the head frame starts to shrunk and not stable. I really like this heavy head racket = good smash.

So i'm looking for a racket with these characteristic and need some recommendations :-)

1) Isometric/square shape
    2) Heavy head racket for good smash
    3) Can go higher in tension (26 or 28lbs)
    4) Short grip
    5) For double player

I got Yonex Carbonex 8600 and Finnex Nano Extreme but i just don't like it. A shop owner suggest me APACS Power Concept 700 and above but i just need some of your opinions.

Oh ya my level of play: intermediate and i'm getting better with the guides from this forum. Thanks in advance.
    Visible Hollow 2020, Tantrum 200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must admit to be confused by what the numbers mean. The rackets state they have the following stiffness:
    Lethal 90 = 10
    Tantrum 200 = 7.5-8
    Stern 100 = 8-9
    Lethal 7 = 9.5

However to me the Lethal 90 and Tantrum 200 feel equally stiff, followed by Stern 100 with Lethal 7 the most flexible.
    So if bigger numbers mean increased flex then the Lethal 90 seems the odd one out - it doesn't feel particularly flexible to me, unless of course mine is way off spec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must admit to be confused by what the numbers mean. The rackets state they have the following stiffness:
    Lethal 90 = 10
    Tantrum 200 = 7.5-8
    Stern 100 = 8-9
    Lethal 7 = 9.5

However to me the Lethal 90 and Tantrum 200 feel equally stiff, followed by Stern 100 with Lethal 7 the most flexible.
    So if bigger numbers mean increased flex then the Lethal 90 seems the odd one out - it doesn't feel particularly flexible to me, unless of course mine is way off spec.
    Apacs specs are off. Higher the number, the more flexible it is. Lethal 90 should be stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lethal 90 = 10
    Tantrum 200 = 7.5-8
    Stern 100 = 8-9
    Lethal 7 = 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by mallulover View Post
    Apacs specs are off. Higher the number, the more flexible it is. Lethal 90 should be stiff.
    seems like Apacs is not only producing off-spec rackets. they are having paint job defects as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lethal 90 = 10
    Tantrum 200 = 7.5-8
    Stern 100 = 8-9
    Lethal 7 = 9.5

The lethal series are very stiff, and in this case, the stiffness of L90 should be as stiff or stiffer than T200. The flexibility scale painted on L90 that shows 10 is doubtly reliable.........well, that's another quality issue that Apacs need to improve other than starting to stop producing clones and concentrating on original line of products

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    The lethal series are very stiff, and in this case, the stiffness of L90 should be as stiff or stiffer than T200. The flexibility scale painted on L90 that shows 10 is doubtly reliable.........well, that's another quality issue that Apacs need to improve other than starting to stop producing clones and concentrating on original line of products
    I definitely agreed for quality issued need to be improved. Another issued that i heard, APACS for Singapore distribution have more tight QC rather than Malaysia. The seller write this issued at another badminton forum. He just write "Don't know why Singapore want to asking more QC rather than Malaysia". That's mean APACS for Malaysia distribution lack of Quality Control ?.