User Tag List

Page 203 of 326 FirstFirst ... 103 153 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 3,435 to 3,451 of 5535

Thread: APACS fan club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Raquet Recommendation

Hi, I'm a lower intermediate and I'm looking out for a racket in the middle to higher range.
    Currently I got 3 Apacs in my mind:

AMP95
    Tantrum 200
    Lethal 70

I play approx. 70% doubles and 30% singles.
    I'm a powerful, agile player and play attack/counterattack mostly.
    At the moment, I'm working on improving smash precision. (I'm not shure how much my wobbly Yonex beginner racket plays into that.)
    Backhand clears in play not always full-court, yet. (depending on the situation)
    At the net, I like to do filigrane drop returns and sometimes deceptive shots, got a quite good feeling for that, because I came from fencing.

Which racket You think would suit me best? Please give some brief reason for Your recommendation. You can also suggest other rackets (Apacs) if You think none of the above fit.

Thank You, cant wait to order my new racket..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Compare Stern 100, Lethal 7, Lethal 90, Tantrum 200 and Visible Hollow 2020

I thought I'd give an update to my original review of the Apacs rackets I've tried.

Note this is my opinion and others may have a very different view. Having hurt my shoulder I've added a new column, to indicate the effort I had to put in to get the best out of each racket.
    Since my original review I've acquired another Apacs racket the Visible Hollow 2020 (based on reviews saying it causes less shoulder strain by reducing vibrations).

Here are my conclusions:

The Stern 100 is a good racket - it doesn't take much effort to use, has no major flaws, but has no outstanding features.
    The Lethal 7 is a strange beast. It feels very lightweight and a little fragile particularly if you miss the sweet spot, I find it very poor in defense however its speed and flexibility make it incredibly Powerful. In an effort to improve control/defense I decided to get it restrung at a higher tension. The result didn’t really help my control – it just made it sound more impressive whilst increasing the effort needed to play each shot. This is a racket I would choose for singles but for me it doesn’t have enough control for doubles.

Having read other reviews I was convinced that the Lethal 90 would be the racket for me, but when I got my hands on it – I just couldn’t get on with it. Yes it’s powerful with great stability but I found I had to put in a lot of effort to get the best out of the racket and ended up with a shoulder strain. When I got it, I imagined it would be like The Lethal 7 but with stability and control, however this racket is very different – it’s very stiff and just seems to require too much effort. I probably won’t keep this one.

The Tantrum 200 is a great powerful racket and for me is the ultimate racket for defense and control – enough said.

I was half expecting the ‘visible hollow’ to be just a gimmick, however I found the Visible Hollow 2020 to be an incredible racket!
    For me it has the power and speed of the Lethal 7 with much of the stability and control of the Tantrum 200 whilst being very easy to use.
    It seems to have an extra large sweet spot and is very good in defense. The only down side of this racket if you can call it a downside was needing to concentrate on long serves and clears - it’s very easy to hit the shuttle out of court!
    My style is an equal mix of power and placement – I’m not an all out attacking player.
    For doubles my first choice of racket is now the VH2020 closely followed by the Tantrum 200.
    For singles it depends on the opponent. If I’m expecting to dominate the game I would go for the VH2020 with a second choice of either the Lethal 7 or Tantrum 200; however If I’m expecting to be on the back foot (Having to defend more) then my first choice would be the Tantrum 200.

I keep the Stern 100 in my bag mainly to lend to anyone who needs to borrow a racket - it's no dud but my other rackets are better. It’s also a racket I use when playing doubles paired with a beginner (This racket is a good work horse that can withstand the odd clash).

As mentioned in many other reviews there is no ‘perfect’ racket – it depends on your environment, the type of game being played and what works for you.

Having said that, here are my ratings for each racket:
    Name:  apacs_review.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  24.0 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seldont View Post
    I thought I'd give an update to my original review of the Apacs rackets I've tried.

Note this is my opinion and others may have a very different view. Having hurt my shoulder I've added a new column, to indicate the effort I had to put in to get the best out of each racket.
    Since my original review I've acquired another Apacs racket the Visible Hollow 2020 (based on reviews saying it causes less shoulder strain by reducing vibrations).

Here are my conclusions:

The Stern 100 is a good racket - it doesn't take much effort to use, has no major flaws, but has no outstanding features.
    The Lethal 7 is a strange beast. It feels very lightweight and a little fragile particularly if you miss the sweet spot, I find it very poor in defense however its speed and flexibility make it incredibly Powerful. In an effort to improve control/defense I decided to get it restrung at a higher tension. The result didn’t really help my control – it just made it sound more impressive whilst increasing the effort needed to play each shot. This is a racket I would choose for singles but for me it doesn’t have enough control for doubles.

Having read other reviews I was convinced that the Lethal 90 would be the racket for me, but when I got my hands on it – I just couldn’t get on with it. Yes it’s powerful with great stability but I found I had to put in a lot of effort to get the best out of the racket and ended up with a shoulder strain. When I got it, I imagined it would be like The Lethal 7 but with stability and control, however this racket is very different – it’s very stiff and just seems to require too much effort. I probably won’t keep this one.

The Tantrum 200 is a great powerful racket and for me is the ultimate racket for defense and control – enough said.

I was half expecting the ‘visible hollow’ to be just a gimmick, however I found the Visible Hollow 2020 to be an incredible racket!
    For me it has the power and speed of the Lethal 7 with much of the stability and control of the Tantrum 200 whilst being very easy to use.
    It seems to have an extra large sweet spot and is very good in defense. The only down side of this racket if you can call it a downside was needing to concentrate on long serves and clears - it’s very easy to hit the shuttle out of court!
    My style is an equal mix of power and placement – I’m not an all out attacking player.
    For doubles my first choice of racket is now the VH2020 closely followed by the Tantrum 200.
    For singles it depends on the opponent. If I’m expecting to dominate the game I would go for the VH2020 with a second choice of either the Lethal 7 or Tantrum 200; however If I’m expecting to be on the back foot (Having to defend more) then my first choice would be the Tantrum 200.

I keep the Stern 100 in my bag mainly to lend to anyone who needs to borrow a racket - it's no dud but my other rackets are better. It’s also a racket I use when playing doubles paired with a beginner (This racket is a good work horse that can withstand the odd clash).

As mentioned in many other reviews there is no ‘perfect’ racket – it depends on your environment, the type of game being played and what works for you.

Having said that, here are my ratings for each racket:
    Name:  apacs_review.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  24.0 KB
    VH2020 got more score than T200!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Visible Hollow 2020 works for me!

I can generate more power with the VH2020 with the minimum of effort.
    I have more control and can defend better with the Tantrum 200.

I wouldn't part with either of them but the VH2020 is not everyones choice - I got mine second hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@seldont
    wow thanks for the extensive review.

do you know if the lethal 90 is near the lethal 70 in qualities? (better to handle/worse?) price issue here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seldont View Post
    The Visible Hollow 2020 works for me!

I can generate more power with the VH2020 with the minimum of effort.
    I have more control and can defend better with the Tantrum 200.

I wouldn't part with either of them but the VH2020 is not everyones choice - I got mine second hand.
    Currently VH1700 is my to go racquet and feel the same about what you have said for VH2020. I am planning to buy T200 (for doubles) and L60. Now I am not sure if L60 will be useful or not. Did you try AT900 power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .spot. View Post
    @seldont
    wow thanks for the extensive review.

do you know if the lethal 90 is near the lethal 70 in qualities? (better to handle/worse?) price issue here.
    I've not tried the lethal 70 however the pictures of Lethal 50/60/70 look very different to the Lethal 90 (See frame cross section and T-Joint) - so I imagine the feel will be very different. I'd love to compare the VH2020 with the Lethal 70 but I can't afford to buy another racket just to try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post
    Currently VH1700 is my to go racquet and feel the same about what you have said for VH2020. I am planning to buy T200 (for doubles) and L60. Now I am not sure if L60 will be useful or not. Did you try AT900 power?
    Sorry the rackets listed are the only ones I've tried - my previous rackets were Kennex 858s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well seeing as my Li-Ning racket broke in a clash in my first game!
    I've decided to move to the much more affordable APACS
    I don't have a lot to spend seeing as I spent it on the Li-Ning so what can everyone recommend for an agressive doubles player?
    I'm considering the Lethal 9? or Nano 9900 Power
    I'd like the racket to generate power easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TKChai View Post
    Well seeing as my Li-Ning racket broke in a clash in my first game!
    I've decided to move to the much more affordable APACS
    I don't have a lot to spend seeing as I spent it on the Li-Ning so what can everyone recommend for an agressive doubles player?
    I'm considering the Lethal 9? or Nano 9900 Power
    I'd like the racket to generate power easily

Get Tantrum 200 or Stern 300, or VH series 1700, 1300 or 2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi TKChai & sxg2009,

may I know why you pick Lethal 9 or nano 9900?

and why you recomment Stern 200 & 300 and VH 1700, 1300 & 2000?

In fact what is teh differences between Vh2000 and VH2010?

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i buy apacs racket in singapore?
    any recommend shop that carry larger range of model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skanbuzz View Post
    Hi TKChai & sxg2009,

may I know why you pick Lethal 9 or nano 9900?

and why you recomment Stern 200 & 300 and VH 1700, 1300 & 2000?

In fact what is teh differences between Vh2000 and VH2010?

thanks
    I chose the lethal 9 because of the high speed frame offering faster swing speed really lol

are there any slightly cheaper alternatives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TKChai View Post
    I chose the lethal 9 because of the high speed frame offering faster swing speed really lol

are there any slightly cheaper alternatives?
    what type of racket do u like?
    what's the balance type? stiffness?
    try looking into tantrums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which APACS racket is closer to the YY Arc 10 and Arc 8DX?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I just checked out some of the Apacs rackets and a "Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash (Arc-Z) Badminton Racket" is about 250bucks but a Apacs Edgesaber Z Slayer is only about 60 bucks and has the same design. Can anyone tell me the downside to using a apacs(if theres any?) because the price is so low.

Also can anyone recommend a racket for me under 80 bucks for smashing(offensive) doubles playing within the apacs brand.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinboyz View Post
    Hey guys, I just checked out some of the Apacs rackets and a "Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash (Arc-Z) Badminton Racket" is about 250bucks but a Apacs Edgesaber Z Slayer is only about 60 bucks and has the same design. Can anyone tell me the downside to using a apacs(if theres any?) because the price is so low.

Also can anyone recommend a racket for me under 80 bucks for smashing(offensive) doubles playing within the apacs brand.
    The downside is ... : they only look the same .