User Tag List

Page 236 of 330 FirstFirst ... 136 186 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 286 ... LastLast
Results 3,996 to 4,012 of 5606

Thread: APACS fan club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Personally find the t200 slow to whip. Probably due to the heavy weight.
    Hi txv611, how you are doing with your VH2000? Any idea if it will be somewhat similar to NS9000S ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post
    @ Staiger - You already mentioned in BC " Both Tantrum 200/300's are not very aerodynamic ..". My point is exactly the same - T200 is not aerodynamic. I think I was not able to make a meaningful comment for you. For hard hitters I think the that the racket should be aerodynamic. This will help the player to maintain his playing style without getting fatigue. I am talking about common regular players, not tournament / professional players! How many professional players do have time to reply in this forum? I am sure you know the answer, so why you put pointless questions about it have subsequently have doubts!!
    Yes the t200 is not aerodynamic but it is still suitable for hard hitters. next time when you comment on a racket , pls specific the level of play and not just come up with some random quote like '' I am still having hard time to play with T200, the racket is definitely not for hard hitters.'

It sounded like you are speaking on behalf of all the badminton players ........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody knows what happen to APACS FURIOUS series??? which models are the replacement for this series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Yes the t200 is not aerodynamic but it is still suitable for hard hitters. next time when you comment on a racket , pls specific the level of play and not just come up with some random quote like '' I am still having hard time to play with T200, the racket is definitely not for hard hitters.'

It sounded like you are speaking on behalf of all the badminton players ........
    Hello Sir Staiger, I will be glad to obey your orders! We have been talking about T200/T300 and visible hollow etc. for few weeks over here. You might have been too busy to post few of your valuable suggestions/comments in this forum! I really apologize for hurting your feelings about T200.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sxg2009, were you the one who posted about the apacs Slayer 99 being better than the Tantrum 200/300? Anyway, what are your most favourite apacs rackets? I'm just curious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    sxg2009, were you the one who posted about the apacs Slayer 99 being better than the Tantrum 200/300? Anyway, what are your most favourite apacs rackets? I'm just curious...
    no I never used Slayer, so did not comment on that.

first a quick view of the list pf APACSs that I used (begining to current) -

Tantrum Light Exclusive > Lethal Light Special > Nano 9900 (friend's*) ~ Nano 9900 Power ~ VH 1700 ~ VH 1300 (friend's) > Lethal Light 1.10 (friend's) > Lethal 11 ~ Lethal 6 > T200 > VH1800

* friend's = not mine.

btw. I introduced APACS to my friends/fellow players / colleagues and they liked it.

TLE helped me to improve my game a lot. The VH1700 is my most favorite racket. It is stable, fast and power full. Currently working on the VH1800 - so far it is my second choice - it is the most power full racket I have ever used. I used T200 in-between for ~ 2 months and started getting elbow pain. I need a racket, which will absorb impact shock.
    Last edited by sxg2009; 04-17-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried the VH2000? If not, might be worth trying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried the VH2000? If not, might be worth trying?
    Not yet; that is a very good racket I think. We had lots of discussion on this around page 227-230 in this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I'm a proud owner of the tantrum 300^^ Having spent a lot of time researching and reading these posts, I found the information very insightful. However, the racket is MUCH better then its currently being credited for. I'm an intermediate player and wield several versions of the Ti10 series. Overall, I found the racket to be very solid and packs a punch thats easily on par with the Ti's. My only neg though, which i share with most users on this thread, is that the racket isn't as aerodynamic as I would of hoped. Personally I think its due to the thickness of the head (but I guess something has to give...otherwise how else could they maintain 35lbs!). That said, I wouldn't go to such an extreme to say it affects my power play. Slight adjustment to swing time yes, but nothing major. Overall, the racket is a very good build and well worth every penny^^

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post
    first a quick view of the list pf APACSs that I used (begining to current) -

Tantrum Light Exclusive > Lethal Light Special > Nano 9900 (friend's*) ~ Nano 9900 Power ~ VH 1700 ~ VH 1300 (friend's) > Lethal Light 1.10 (friend's) > Lethal 11 ~ Lethal 6 > T200 > VH1800
    How do you compare high-end apacs to high-end Yonex rackets? Again, just curious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way guys, I re-measured the balance points on my Lethal 70 and Tantrum 300 after I replaced the grips with a longer and thicker grip. The balance points shifted to around 280mm, which is similar to my Lethal 60 (which has the same long and thick grip). I became quite puzzled by this. High quality head heavy rackets becoming head light?

Then, I came across this post:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...l=1#post339595

This made complete sense to me, and explained why the balance point becomes irrelevant once you change the original factory grip to a thicker one. This also explained to me why I was still getting powerful smashes (probably even more powerful) since I changed to the thicker grip. I think my hands are larger than average, which is why I prefer a thicker grip. Also, apacs rackets are G2 (equivalent to G4/5 Yonex I think), which means the handles tend to be smaller to start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you compare high-end apacs to high-end Yonex rackets? Again, just curious.
    Did not spend money to own a high end Yonex so far.
    Got some chances to use AT700, AT900P - I like the power and repulsion effect from AT900P. I am thinking to own a NS9000 X now; I am thinking it will be similar or better than my VH1700. Any comments?

I have Dunlop Aerogel 2000 and 3000. They are powerful at high string tension (27lbs). But the string did not last for long. The good thing about Aerogel series is that I do not feel any vibration (better than VH1700); good for my arm. APACS should come up with some vibration resistance technology better than VH.
    Last edited by sxg2009; 04-19-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings APACS Fans!

Anyone know where I could get the AMP series? Either 90 or 95, What's the difference between these two?

I live in GTA.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way guys, I re-measured the balance points on my Lethal 70 and Tantrum 300 after I replaced the grips with a longer and thicker grip. The balance points shifted to around 280mm, which is similar to my Lethal 60 (which has the same long and thick grip). I became quite puzzled by this. High quality head heavy rackets becoming head light?

Then, I came across this post:

This made complete sense to me, and explained why the balance point becomes irrelevant once you change the original factory grip to a thicker one. This also explained to me why I was still getting powerful smashes (probably even more powerful) since I changed to the thicker grip. I think my hands are larger than average, which is why I prefer a thicker grip. Also, apacs rackets are G2 (equivalent to G4/5 Yonex I think), which means the handles tend to be smaller to start with.
    The original factory grip is already thick compared to what you originally replaced it with that's why it became more headheavy when measuring and is why I mentioned it is actually quite a headlight specimen out of the range.
    I don't have many with a thick replacement grip but the one that does have it was 5mm more headheavy after stringing and replacing the grip (and taping the wooden handle with electric tape) than the original without strings and with factory grip but it still depends on exactly which grip and how much of the total you used to do a comparison. But just to give you an example ... But having a nice feel from your grip is definitely a priority over any numbers .
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionist View Post
    Greetings APACS Fans!

Anyone know where I could get the AMP series? Either 90 or 95, What's the difference between these two?

I live in GTA.

Cheers!
    Unless anyone has some lying around I don't think you can still get them from any Apacs sellers ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The original factory grip is already thick compared to what you originally replaced it with that's why it became more headheavy when measuring and is why I mentioned it is actually quite a headlight specimen out of the range.
    Hang on, how do you know how thick my grips are? I think I have confused you (and other readers a bit). Let me clarify.

I have never actually posted what the balance points were of my Lethal 70 and Tantrum 300 when they first originally came to me. In their original state, they were already strung and had the factory grip. When I measured the balance point of the Lethal 70, it was around 310mm+ (I can't remember the exact number now, but it was something ridiculous), and the Tantrum 300 was something like 300-310mm. This was clearly because the rackets were strung (and still had the original very thin factory grip only), and therefore the balance points had shifted dramatically to very head heavy specs. I would predict that if they were unstrung, the balance points would be more within spec.

I then tore off the very thin factory grips and replaced them with slightly thicker rubbery type apacs grips. I then re-measured the balance points and these are the ones I posted before. From memory, the Lethal 70 had a balance point of 293mm, while the Tantrum 300 came in at 289mm. As you can see, this basically proves that the original factory grip is thinner (and lighter) than the replacement grip.

I then decided that I didn't like this apacs rubbery type grip, as it was (still) slightly too thin (and sticky). I subsequently purchased a couple of new replacement grips, which were significantly thicker and longer. On re-measuring the balance points, they fell down to around 280mm (Lethal 70 was around 281mm, Tantrum 300 was around 279mm).

As you can see, my current replacement grips are much thicker (and longer) than the original factory grips. The rackets are still very head heavy of course, as explained by this:

So remember, when I measured the Lethal 70 with original factory grip and pre-strung, it came in at over 310mm. The Tantrum 300 came in at around 305mm. These rackets are very likely within spec, and are both head heavy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, it only says "thinner grip" but thinner compared to the other one not the factory grip. I assumed it were overgrips (the ones without sticky backside) ...