User Tag List

Page 289 of 326 FirstFirst ... 189 239 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
Results 4,897 to 4,913 of 5535

Thread: APACS fan club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too seen that Lethal 100 in Malaysia. Anybody can reveal the Lethal 100? I want to buy new attacking racket. I'm currently using APACS nano 900 power white and edge Z-Saber. Both are 4U I guess coz it written there is 84 +/- 2g. My feeling for 900 power is vibration and need fast swing to generate the power. Edge z-saber is more head heavy good for control and smash better than nano 900. I've been fed up not generate enough power during attack and all shuttle return by opponent. I need more offensive racket. Same I thought to buy 1 of the bravesword series racket which is more offensive and fast swing but a bit expensive for me. I've try Voltric z-force is too demanding racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ython View Post
    Me too seen that Lethal 100 in Malaysia. Anybody can reveal the Lethal 100? I want to buy new attacking racket. I'm currently using APACS nano 900 power white and edge Z-Saber. Both are 4U I guess coz it written there is 84 +/- 2g. My feeling for 900 power is vibration and need fast swing to generate the power. Edge z-saber is more head heavy good for control and smash better than nano 900. I've been fed up not generate enough power during attack and all shuttle return by opponent. I need more offensive racket. Same I thought to buy 1 of the bravesword series racket which is more offensive and fast swing but a bit expensive for me. I've try Voltric z-force is too demanding racket.
    This is the only review that I've seen of the L100.

http://badminton-racket.blogspot.com...00-review.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, don't get L100 because it's too heavy. you are better off buying L70/90 or Tantrum 200/300 or if you want the latest one then get Tweet 6000/7000/8000 or Tantrum 500 or lethal 110.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested Lethal 100 recently and was disappointed. It's a complete new design with its 3 point strengthening system and therefore does not play anything like the other Lethal racquets which i feel are far better. Lethal 100 looks similar to Slayer 99 and makes no sense whatsoever in terms of the Lethal range.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Irwan that Tantrum 300 is better - the best of the 10 I tested. Tantrum 500 is way too flexible and Tweets were poor, again too flexible and poor torsion. I tested 7000 and 8000 and was very disappointed. I was also very disappointed in Tantrum 500 after raving about 300.

Paul

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I agree with Irwan that Tantrum 300 is better - the best of the 10 I tested. Tantrum 500 is way too flexible and Tweets were poor, again too flexible and poor torsion. I tested 7000 and 8000 and was very disappointed. I was also very disappointed in Tantrum 500 after raving about 300.

Paul
    What's the problem with the 8000? I saw Tan Chun Seang with it, so I presumed it was an ok racket, care to enlighten? Cheers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested 8000 with Mark who is known on the forum. We both felt there was way too much flexibility in the frame that it was almost unstable. There was a lot of torsion in the head which was a huge surprise which meant off centre shots went did not follow a true line. Both of us were very disappointed.

Paul

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I tested 8000 with Mark who is known on the forum. We both felt there was way too much flexibility in the frame that it was almost unstable. There was a lot of torsion in the head which was a huge surprise which meant off centre shots went did not follow a true line. Both of us were very disappointed.

Paul
    Thanks for the explanation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Paul, have you tried Lethal 70/90? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irwan_kho View Post
    Hi Paul, have you tried Lethal 70/90? thanks
    Perhaps I can take this one too. The Lethal 70 is a very nice, solid racket. Head heavy, and better for singles, though some (such as I) can use it for doubles as well.

I haven't tried the Lethal 90, but it has the Bravesword-esque frame shape. I don't think it's as solid as the L70.

Either the Tantrum 300 or Lethal 70 would probably be your best bet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been playing with the lethal 90 for a while now (1 year).
    I originally came from AT800Def and AT900T which had all suceeeded in breaking at the mesh ends.
    I didn't particularly think it was amazing when I first got it. As mentioned above i'd even describe it as a bit "hollow" in hitting feel. Power wise it lacks compared to the likes of A900P etc, however big BUT.

Once i'd gotten used to it i've found particularly in doubles, my defence is VERY quick and I find it swings very quickly as well, it excels at flat quick play. Perhaps due to the bevel shaped edge, but I can generate alot of power simply from a correctly timed shot rather than power. I've not tested a victor BS before but I belief this basis is the reason behind the shot. It's almost effortless in the mid court and touch areas and is very easy to swing. I have no problems in the rear court either, but perhaps the smashes I hit aren't as hard as they used to be.

I'd suggest instantly ridding of the apacs strings however, they didn't do it any favours. I now own 4 of them, and have noticed that one is slightly more flexible than the other (one has a shorter grip).

I don't think if you're looking for ultimate power in a racquet the lethal 90 isn't the go to APACS racquet, but i'm not exactly a small hitter so for me it wasn't a deciding factor.. Baseline to baseline you have to generate a bit more headspeed but at the same time I find my shots still manage to go out the back sometimes.

Lastly on the power front, It probably sounds like i'm saying this racquet is a bit weak. Yes it's weaker than the big hitting ones, but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them. You can still generate ALOT of power due to the acceleration you can get with what I would call a great aerodynamically designed frame. (Thanks victor)

I've heard that the L70 is a very singles based racquet, and i'd go as far to say the L90 is vastly different for a racquet in the same lineage, as was the L100 when I tested it.
    Last edited by AimUk; 04-05-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, whats the meaning of Repulsion and Spin for badminton strings?

Sorry, I'm a dummy

Anyone tested this strings before?

1. Toul-Son / Tolson or something
    2. Protech 66 Profesional Series

Can you guys give some info regarding it?

Tq.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimUk View Post
    I've been playing with the lethal 90 for a while now (1 year).
    I originally came from AT800Def and AT900T which had all suceeeded in breaking at the mesh ends.
    I didn't particularly think it was amazing when I first got it. As mentioned above i'd even describe it as a bit "hollow" in hitting feel. Power wise it lacks compared to the likes of A900P etc, however big BUT.

Once i'd gotten used to it i've found particularly in doubles, my defence is VERY quick and I find it swings very quickly as well, it excels at flat quick play. Perhaps due to the bevel shaped edge, but I can generate alot of power simply from a correctly timed shot rather than power. I've not tested a victor BS before but I belief this basis is the reason behind the shot. It's almost effortless in the mid court and touch areas and is very easy to swing. I have no problems in the rear court either, but perhaps the smashes I hit aren't as hard as they used to be.

I'd suggest instantly ridding of the apacs strings however, they didn't do it any favours. I now own 4 of them, and have noticed that one is slightly more flexible than the other (one has a shorter grip).

I don't think if you're looking for ultimate power in a racquet the lethal 90 isn't the go to APACS racquet, but i'm not exactly a small hitter so for me it wasn't a deciding factor.. Baseline to baseline you have to generate a bit more headspeed but at the same time I find my shots still manage to go out the back sometimes.

Lastly on the power front, It probably sounds like i'm saying this racquet is a bit weak. Yes it's weaker than the big hitting ones, but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them. You can still generate ALOT of power due to the acceleration you can get with what I would call a great aerodynamically designed frame. (Thanks victor)

I've heard that the L70 is a very singles based racquet, and i'd go as far to say the L90 is vastly different for a racquet in the same lineage, as was the L100 when I tested it.
    Very good explanation. I was reading a lot Bravesword review from Paul too. Victor really done well on their design. YY still follow on the slim shaft Z-force btw victor already done on BS10&BS11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strung some apacs stuff for a friend of mine, I don't know what to make of them.
    I strung a Tweet 6000, a Tantrum 500, Lethal 60 and Slayer 99. All are rock-solid ofcourse. But their specs are very close together.

The TW6k is headheavy like the L60 and T500, just as stiff as the T500, but because of it's headshape (cross-section) it feels lighter and faster.
    The T500 is very close to the L60, a tad lighter and a tad more headheavy perhaps. But more flexy. The L60 is definately the stiffest and hardest to swing around...
    Then there's the Slayer 99, what a weird racket. 2U and even balanced makes it feel heavy, but lighter to swing around than the rest, maybe that's the frame-crosssection...

What do you guys think of the tweets and tantrums? How do the Lethal 90/100 or Tweets 7/8k fit in this row?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I've had a Lethal 50 and I loved it but it broke at the head after 2 seasons and I couldn't find the same after. No I have a Lethal 60 and it feels a bit different I must say or maybe it's the strings on it.
    I also have a Tantrum 200 and VH2000 but the one I like the most is the Lethal 50.

Can anyone tell me which racket is almost similar to the Lethal 50 please? I need some backup rackets

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a Nano 9900 & an Edgesaber Z Slasher delivered. The Z slasher feels really nice in my hand. Club training tonight. Should be fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lethal 70 should be pretty close.