APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    WELCOME ALL APACS FANS AND SUPPORTERS
    THIS BRAND CHEAP IN PRICE AND GOOD IN QUALITY
    LETS GIVE SOME COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR OPINION IN THIS FORUM

2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I have 2 Apacs Racquets

1) Armorpower 800 - Clone of Yonex Armortec 800
    2) Nano 9000 speed - Clone of Yonex NS 9000

I reckon both the racquets are great.I got them for a bit off Rm100 for each.

Apacs do have some quality to what they produce.So if you are not a very competitive player but wants something resonably good Apacs is for you...

3. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

I will try NP9900 next week. But the distribution network of Apacs is not good at all. May be they have enough market in Asia. I'll suggest them not making Yonex clone. Creat more variations instead. Everyone got diff taste in racket.

4. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    i had nano9000 speed is great
    nowi planning tobuy aarmo power 800 so how was this model ? pls give some coment about it thxs

5. Brady

Brady Regular Member

I have played badminton using AP800 for several years, around 5-8 hours a week. The performance convinced me to be an APACS fan.

Armor power 800 is a great racket. it worth a try. It's fast, good (not excellent) power, robust, good paint, good feeling, excellent for its price.

one question is that it's said head heavy (on the shaft) but in my opinion, it's close to even balance or head light. You should try it before buy it. My feeling about balance-point may not be the same to you. I did not measure it but from specification it's 290mm. Campared to nano pro 9900, 9800, npm, it's hard to say it's head heavy.

I will say it's very good quality and robust. It was hit a lot of times in double games. still alive.

BTW, i string it 23x25, i am a double player, satisfied with the AP800's speed.

6. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    As i have mention above that i have 2 apacs racquets, AP 800 is a powerful racquet being head heavy.But somehow i dont feel the swing hence i have less control.But the quality for what you pay for is far greater.Is has good paint work and even after a few clashes it still survive.

Some how i prefer the n9000s, though less power but for a head light racquet it has amazing power.Lovely control and you can string it up to 30lbs.If you are in KL or PJ.There is this person selling n9000s.His name is khwong.A very friendly guy.

7. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

APACS is their clone line, Proace is their 'original' line.

8. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Hi, I'm currently using nano9000speed, and I have also become Apacs fan. Since I'm just a recreational player I think its a good racket for its price. Anyway from what I understand nano9000speed is the lower end model, so what is the Apacs highend model ?
    and is the AP800 still available in the market ? .

9. Brady

Brady Regular Member

Hitman71,

one of the things that puzzles me is that Apacs gave and is giving out of a huge numberr of models. Some of them are similar. as far as I know, the clone of yy AT800 is ap800 (old), 1020 (newer) and maybe 1050 DF and OF. They are just the 'clone' line and a clone of just one yy model!

I am conviced to be a apacs fan by its quality and price. It's definitely beyond just a brand of good performance-price ratio. it has similar quality and feeling ( for look, feel and play) to yy products and just a 1/3 price. Even the low-end rackets such as ap800 are pretty good.

ap800 is an old model. I do believe you can find ap800 in market, but you have to FIND it, perhaps very hard. A lot of new models are from apacs. why not try some new models? Since you have nano 9000 speed, I do not think you should have a AP800 at the same price range. You can buy a high-end model or another nano 9000 speed as a backup racket if you really like it.

You are in Malaysia, it is easy for you to find a retail store and try one. I bought mine in Singapore but now in Canada. talking about finding apacs rackets, I am in real trouble. :-(

luck for me, my club friend are going to China. She will bring me two rackets. supposed to be Nano pro 9800/9900, and PC 1550/1650 depends on stocks.
    I will let you know the feeling of Nano pro 9800 if you want. But you have to wait until NEXT YEAR (Jan, actually).

10. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Hi Brady,

There are lots of Apacs model around, so I really don't know which is which :confused:. Even the nano9000speed was recommended by the shop owner to me :eek: .Are those Nano pro 9800/9900, and PC 1550/1650 new model ? And yes please do give your review on it, I really appreciate it. I've been to the apacs website, but I can't find much info in it except the model and the specs.

Thanks

11. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

I agree 100%. How can APACs have so many 'different' models. Is their R&D so powerful? :) Maybe they just take an older design and repaint it? How would anyone know?

Compare to their sister brand Proace where a few models have established reputations and different characteristics, eg: Proace Sweetspot 1000, Thunderspot, Platinum Dream....

12. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

Got my NanoPro 9900 today, it look so nice. Really surprise me for the workmanship and paint job. Will try it tonite...... can't wait....

13. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

i got 1 POWERTECH980(clone AT700),POWER CONCEPT 996,ARMOR MUSCLE 66,and NANO slim30(clone NS9000....
    all this is very good racket to me...
    and i get theose racket Rm86 per pc....

14. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    How Much U Bu The Nano Pro 9900?
    How Is The Feel Of The Racket?
    I Still Cannot Find In Market Yet Where U Bought It Pls Let Me Know .
    I Also So Excited To Try Nano Pro 9900 But Actually I Looking For Nano Pro Magic As Wel

15. rrc36

rrc36 Regular Member

I got my AP800 3 months ago from a shop in Melbourne, Australia through eBay for AUD$63. Though it is quite light, not so heavy headed, but the power is there. This AP800 of mine is quite solid, had few clashes with partners since then, but only one minor noticeable paint chip so far.

Ive been trying to get a nanospeed version from APACS, but it is very hard to find APACS here in Sydney.
    Guys, any idea where i can get APACS rackets in Penang, Malaysia? Im planning to drop by there February, next year.. :)

16. rrc36

rrc36 Regular Member

Another question,
    My AP800 is G2 for the grip size. Is there any G3 or G4 rackets from Apacs? I recalled seeing only G2 grip size for all the rackets i viewed back then on apacs site. How about yours, guys? any1 got G3? G2 is fine for me, but G3 like my yonex MP33 suits me better.

17. Brady

Brady Regular Member

HappyTA5, please give some comments about Nano pro 9900.

I asked my friend to buy a 9800 for me. if 9800 is not available, will buy NPM or 9900. I made such a decision because 9800's stiff is 7.5, both 9900 and NPM is 7.0. Since I am playing using AP800 which is 7.9-8.1, I am afraid that upgrade to stiff 7.0 will hurt myself.

please give some review about 9900. it's not too late to change my mind. Any suggestions about racket stiff? I play double, mostly.

18. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    HOW MUCH U BOUGHT IT
    HOW IS THE FELL OF IT
    TELL ME PLS
    I AM SO INTERESTING WITH THAT

19. Brady

Brady Regular Member

20. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

Hi there,

I bought it from a guy in ebay for US110.00 including shipping. The racket is shiped from Malaysia. So I think you should get a much better price than me. I have the racket strung with BG80@30lbs. Racket feel very solid and it did look very nice. This is my first time play with 30lbs. Smash is poweful and sound is loud. Partner ask me what am I using.. ha. Net shot, drop.. is accurate enough. Flex is between regular and stiff. Not as stiff as MP99 for sure. The racket is like head light to even to me. Fast enough for doubles. But since it has stiffer shaft than what I used to. I miss judge the rebound on some net play. Guess I need more time with it... I'm very satisfy with this racket. I bet you won't be disappointed too.

I give up on Yonex already. They are way too expensive. They took our money to sponsor those PROs. I hve tried CY nano-66TI ... not a bad one too. But it has a more flexible shaft.