User Tag List

Page 311 of 330 FirstFirst ... 211 261 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,287 of 5610

Thread: APACS fan club

  1. #5271
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the replies Jerby and Phaaam. Likes are given to both of you.

    Looks like the Slayer 99 is my type of racquet .

    Now all I need to do is break my unbreakable Sotx W7 somehow

  2. #5272
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The difference between L100 and Slayer 99.
    L100 is Nano High Modulus Japan carbon with chrome braided into the frame not as stiff as slayer 99.
    Slayer is Japan high modulus carbon +carbon nano tubes+ 3k woven frame.

    Both racquets look great as you can see the woven process.

  3. #5273
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tweet 8000 idoes not have the power armour frame as L60/70 it is muscle wave heavy impact frame and also has new technology foaming tech and inbuilt carbon t joint + 6.7 shaft so this is why there is a price difference

  4. #5274
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice and clear write up review, I recently clash my T200, and broke in 2 pcs at 1 and 7 o'clock, i'm looking for a replacement, like your experience with T200 I found it lacks power at the rear court, the defend was improved alot since i own T200,
    I'm looking for something like T200 with more power at rear court without sacrifice the defend , and aero dynamic shape for easy swing , and faster compare with box frame. would you guy think Visible Hollow 2000/2020 fit in my objective? but I read somewhere VH 2000 slower than T200 in defend, which hold me back to purchase one,
    and how's the VH 2000 's defend compare to L60/70?
    Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    So I have the T200 (identical to the T300) and the L60/70.

    T200/300: even balanced, 3U, stable frame. It's good at defending smashes and doing drives. The only issue I had is it's not as good for smashing from the rearcourt. I mean it's still good for smashing just not as powerful from the rearcourt. Great singles racket since you do more clearing and less smashing from the rearcourt (at least I do), good all-around for doubles as well. Many people on the forum enjoy its all-aroundness.

    L60/70: head heavy, 3U, very stable frame. It's really good at defending smashes, a little slower with drives. Good smashes from all around the court. It's also a good singles racket since there are fewer fast exchanges like drives compared to doubles, while your clears and smashes are powerful. For doubles, it's a little harder to defend with since it is a little heavier, but it's countered by a powerful smash.

    These rackets really depend on your strengths and weaknesses. So this is my play style:
    -Defense: I'm good at defending smashes both backhand and forehand, so I was fine with both rackets
    -Drives: I'm about average with these, so the T200 was a little better for me since it's more meaneuverable.
    -Clears: L60/70 were better for clears, since they're more HH it went further and it was especially useful when you're out of position or doing a punch (attacking) clear. T200 was still good and went the distance but just requires a little more effort.
    -Smashes: I like to make those big smashes to win the point or to set up a netkill. I would say L60/70 was better fore/mid/rear court whereas the T200 was good fore/midcourt, a little weaker in the rearcourt.
    -Droptshots: I'm good at doing dropshots from any position on the court. No real difference with either racket.
    -Netshots: I can do crosscourt netshots and tumble it over the net. No real difference with either racket for me.
    -Stamina: After about 2 hours constant play with no breaks, I start making a few mistakes with the L60/70, not as much with T200. Both rackets have the same stiffness and I'm used to it so I wasn't sore from hitting too much with either racket.
    -Strings: I usually use BG80 @ 23lbs. I can do an underhand clear end to end and pass the backline ~0.5 ft. @ 25 lbs. it lands between doubles service line and singles service line. I prefer to play @ 23lbs. since I need the power to get out of trouble once in awhile and it is more forgiving; the smashes are more precise for me.

    I haven't tried the Slayer 99, but I would think it plays similar to the L60/70 since they're both head heavy and 3U. There's a 2U Slayer 99 but I think that's just ridiculous.

  5. #5275
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Thanks for the replies Jerby and Phaaam. Likes are given to both of you.

    Looks like the Slayer 99 is my type of racquet .

    Now all I need to do is break my unbreakable Sotx W7 somehow
    How about it's frame thickness ?

  6. #5276
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^^
    Sorry, wrong quote on above post
    Post from mobile phone with small screen

  7. #5277
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmbooster View Post
    nice and clear write up review, I recently clash my T200, and broke in 2 pcs at 1 and 7 o'clock, i'm looking for a replacement, like your experience with T200 I found it lacks power at the rear court, the defend was improved alot since i own T200,
    I'm looking for something like T200 with more power at rear court without sacrifice the defend , and aero dynamic shape for easy swing , and faster compare with box frame. would you guy think Visible Hollow 2000/2020 fit in my objective? but I read somewhere VH 2000 slower than T200 in defend, which hold me back to purchase one,
    and how's the VH 2000 's defend compare to L60/70?
    I think the VH2000 has similar frame shape to the T200 already. I took a quick look and found these that might fit your play style:
    -Lethal 90 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-LETHAL...item2ec7540ae4
    -Tweet 7000 (Tweet 8000 has a box-frame) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-TWEET-...item2c6dd38c9a
    -Visible Hollow 2000 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-VISIBL...item2c6dd38c9c
    -Slayer 99 (careful with this one since it comes in 2U) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-SLAYER...item2ec7540ae0

    I think the Lethal 60/70 would be a reasonable "upgrade" to the T200 since it's head heavy, similar frame shape. However, it's not that aerodynamic. Both frames are thinner than my Voltric 80 though, which has an aero-box frame shape (i.e. a compromise between the two).

    There are a lot of options. I personally have 4xTantrum 200, 2xLethal 70, Voltric 80 PG, Finnex Nano Tour. Of the 5 rackets I have the Tantrum 200s were the cheapest.

    If I were you, I would just get at least one more Tantrum 200 and then try it out against something else you like. Usually I just read the racket specs at the bottom of the page to get an idea of what it might play like. The first thing I look for is frame shape, since I can't play with aerodynamic. My understanding is that when it's aerodynamic, it sacrifices a little stability compared to a box-frame. Which is why the Armortec 900 Technique isn't as powerful as the AT900 Power (I've tried playing with both).

    But, this doesn't apply to every racket and the only way to find out for sure is to play with it yourself. Apacs doesn't cost too much so there is a lot of room for trial and error. I actually sold 4 Apacs rackets a couple months ago and selling another one soon.
    Last edited by phaaam; 04-21-2013 at 12:08 PM.

  8. #5278
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspeed View Post
    The difference between L100 and Slayer 99.
    L100 is Nano High Modulus Japan carbon with chrome braided into the frame not as stiff as slayer 99.
    Slayer is Japan high modulus carbon +carbon nano tubes+ 3k woven frame.

    Both racquets look great as you can see the woven process.
    How about it's frame thickness ?. Lethal 100 seem so slim, frame thickness probably around 9 mm (more or less).

  9. #5279
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thickness of Lethal 100

    Quote Originally Posted by surajaya View Post
    How about it's frame thickness ?. Lethal 100 seem so slim, frame thickness probably around 9 mm (more or less).
    Side Measurement (Where grommits are) tapered 12mm from t joint to 9mm at 12 o clock.
    Face measurement - 7mm
    Reinforcement -9mm

  10. #5280
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Phaaam, I'm done with T200 for the reason "lack of power in rear court" (i'm over 40) I hope to find something like T200 but better aid in rear, that' s y I hope to switch to aerodynamic shape like VH2000/2020 without sacrifice the power, and for stability, VH has hollow shape will absorb vibration, some reviews in this link http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...le-Hollow-2000!
    said more power compare to T200, more head heavy, more favor toward vh 2000/2020 but I find T200 is more popular, (for me I can get them at the same price). very few people using this racquet in my area, so finding one for testing is a problem.

  11. #5281
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    Overall they're really similar. Slayer 99 being a little more HH and Lethal 100's shaft is a little thinner by 0.3mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    From what I tried (I only briefly had the 100 in my hands) the rackets are identical, but the slayer99 has a stiffer shaft. But I tried the 2U of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspeed View Post
    Side Measurement (Where grommits are) tapered 12mm from t joint to 9mm at 12 o clock.
    Face measurement - 7mm
    Reinforcement -9mm
    So the frame design is different, just look like the same viewed from certain angle. I will choose lethal 100, it's slimmer and theoretically should be faster than slayer 99.

  12. #5282
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got my Nano Fusion Speed 722 rackets yesterday! I'll write down some thoughts on them after I get to play Saturday. I can tell this will be a good defensive racket, just with how light the racket is, and how quickly I can maneuver it. Looking forward to this weekend!

  13. #5283
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    L100 is not faster just has more flex.If you get 3u slayer then slayer is slightly quicker due to being lighter and even balance.

  14. #5284
    Regular Member .spot.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Basel SUI
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can someone tell me what the "PK" imprint on the shaft of this Lethal 90 means? The handle has the normal UK flag on it.
    Edit: I've seen there are SG, NA and PK versions. So maybe SG=Singapore, NA=N/A, but PK=Pakistan?
    Thank you.

    Name:  l90_4.JPG
Views: 1560
Size:  57.0 KB
    Last edited by .spot.; 04-24-2013 at 04:10 AM.

  15. #5285
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Pk,uk,ca,au,us

    Quote Originally Posted by .spot. View Post
    Can someone tell me what the "PK" imprint on the shaft of this Lethal 90 means? The handle has the normal UK flag on it.
    Thank you.

    Name:  l90_4.JPG
Views: 1560
Size:  57.0 KB
    Yes this is normal.
    Apacs also put PK,UK,US,CA,AU on there shaft.This tells them which distributer the rackets have gone to.
    The UK flag is the trademark and has it on all cones no matter if it is Asia,Europe,America.

  16. #5286
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    I think the VH2000 has similar frame shape to the T200 already. I took a quick look and found these that might fit your play style:
    -Lethal 90 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-LETHAL...item2ec7540ae4
    -Tweet 7000 (Tweet 8000 has a box-frame) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-TWEET-...item2c6dd38c9a
    -Visible Hollow 2000 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-VISIBL...item2c6dd38c9c
    -Slayer 99 (careful with this one since it comes in 2U) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-SLAYER...item2ec7540ae0

    I think the Lethal 60/70 would be a reasonable "upgrade" to the T200 since it's head heavy, similar frame shape. However, it's not that aerodynamic. Both frames are thinner than my Voltric 80 though, which has an aero-box frame shape (i.e. a compromise between the two).

    There are a lot of options. I personally have 4xTantrum 200, 2xLethal 70, Voltric 80 PG, Finnex Nano Tour. Of the 5 rackets I have the Tantrum 200s were the cheapest.

    If I were you, I would just get at least one more Tantrum 200 and then try it out against something else you like. Usually I just read the racket specs at the bottom of the page to get an idea of what it might play like. The first thing I look for is frame shape, since I can't play with aerodynamic. My understanding is that when it's aerodynamic, it sacrifices a little stability compared to a box-frame. Which is why the Armortec 900 Technique isn't as powerful as the AT900 Power (I've tried playing with both).

    But, this doesn't apply to every racket and the only way to find out for sure is to play with it yourself. Apacs doesn't cost too much so there is a lot of room for trial and error. I actually sold 4 Apacs rackets a couple months ago and selling another one soon.
    Can you please briefly compare Lethal 60/70 with VT80 please. Currently I am using Arc10 and looking for a more head heavy feel. I am looking at VT80 and Lethal 70. It is nice if you can give me some comparisons. Thank you

  17. #5287
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kelana Jaya
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I notice that Apacs have a series named Foray.
    And from they FaceBook page, they seem has just release many new model under this series. E.g. Foray 700, Foray 707, Foray 800, Foray 808... etc.

    Can I know this series characteristic ?
    Any review on the above?

    I am particularly interest on the Foray 808, as I am currently looking for a 4U racket with Even Balance BP. And since this is a new series, I assume it have better technology behind.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    : 04-14-2012, 03:08 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    : 07-18-2011, 10:38 AM
  3. Replies: 55
    : 10-21-2008, 10:52 AM
  4. Badminton Club (Should i stay/move on to another club)
    By !┐Clue?! in forum General Forum
    Replies: 8
    : 10-15-2008, 01:20 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    : 08-23-2006, 10:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •