User Tag List

Page 323 of 330 FirstFirst ... 223 273 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 LastLast
Results 5,475 to 5,491 of 5610

Thread: APACS fan club

  1. #5475
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Noted ....Edsalv, ijjit because of the string tension ? Maybe too high ?

  2. #5476
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old-Men View Post
    Noted ....Edsalv, ijjit because of the string tension ? Maybe too high ?

    I think not Old Man, I really believe that it is my problem.. maybe timing adjustment. I'll continue insisting in this racket for more some weeks, I think it really worth.

  3. #5477
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdSalv View Post
    Just we tell some ******** and someone appear to response Davinci, you are totally right! Sorry by the wrong information Old Man.. So, how do you hit a hard smash with this racket? I almost lost my shoulder trying

    To be honest, I've never had harder smashes until I used this racket featherweight 300.. I've always had a really good smash, so much so that I was willing to give up some of that power going to a lower weight racket in exchange for its other benefits.. Turns out the complete opposite effect happened. Because of the lower weight you can accelerate the racket much faster, and because of the massive aerodynamic advantage the racket has. Your racket head speed is improved substantially! Put both advantages together, and instead of getting weaker smashes, I've gotten much stronger ones.

    The caveat being, you have to have a decent technical smash to begin with. If you are generating the bulk of your power through the weight of your full arm swing, you'll definitely be giving up power because of the lower racket head weight.. However if you are generating your power from racket head speed(read: good wrist use), you'll find you can generate SO MUCH extra racket head speed, the kinetic energy you impart to the shuttle should be massively higher, and thus much harder smashes.

    Everyone I normally play with was blown away by the smashing ability of the racket, I was just blowing shots through anyone time and time again.

    Timing helps a ton too, and it takes a little while to adjust. Ill post my review of the featherweight 300 soon.

  4. #5478
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Guys - there are now a number of apacs rackets on sale from various retailers in the uk and I'm interested in trying these out. Based on budget and availability, I've narrowed my choice down to Lethal 90 (stiff, 'slightly' head heavy) and Lethal 100 (med-flex, even balance).

    Two questions:
    1) How does apac's 'stiffness' rating compare to YY / Victor? Are they broadly similar or is there a big difference (e.g. apac's "stiff" = Yonex "extra stiff" or vice versa)?
    2) Anyone used Lethal 100 before? Any reviews? Did a search on this thread and couldn't find any reference to Lethal 100 whatsoever!

    I was also looking at the Virtuoso Performance, but its too head heavy for me (according to apac's measurements anyway!)

  5. #5479
    Regular Member yuan7980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    JB,Malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    feather w 300 a very gd racquet.. easy def ,clear n smash .BG80 p 27 ibs .
    It's cheaper than arc fb =D
    i own 2 of this racquet!

  6. #5480
    Regular Member yuan7980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    JB,Malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1396328193930.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  32.6 KB
    feather weight 300
    Is anyone know apacs virtuso performance selling price in m'sia?

  7. #5481
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear yuan7980, how much it cost feather weight 300 in Malaysia ?where can in JB ?

  8. #5482
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess I will add the FW300 to my next to try list

  9. #5483
    Regular Member yuan7980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    JB,Malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Old-Men :RM150 with one foc grip

  10. #5484
    Regular Member yuan7980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    JB,Malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i get it at honly

  11. #5485
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Anyone can review the Apacs Super Blade Z?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Recently acquired my very first APACS racket.
    Tried a few, but the one that fits my style is the Slayer 88.

    Moderately stiff, slightly head heavy, and medium weight. Plays a perfect balance of attack and defence for my style. Kudos to APACS for doing a great job for less money!
    Hi all, I have searched everywhere but there is not one review of the Apacs Super Blade Z, any users please share your experience.
    I have played doubles ok with a flex and (I believe) head light racket. I am wondering if a different racket can increase the power of my smash from the backcourt? So I was thinking that would mean a stiff and head heavy racket? Perhaps make it medium of both so I can transition better? I read many reviews of Lethal 70 that it really powers up the shots from backcourt, but it was recommended for singles. I mostly play doubles and likes to do a quick swing fast drive or smash. Any recommendations anyone? Thanks!

  12. #5486
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by williamlim View Post
    Hi all, I have searched everywhere but there is not one review of the Apacs Super Blade Z, any users please share your experience.
    I have played doubles ok with a flex and (I believe) head light racket. I am wondering if a different racket can increase the power of my smash from the backcourt? So I was thinking that would mean a stiff and head heavy racket? Perhaps make it medium of both so I can transition better? I read many reviews of Lethal 70 that it really powers up the shots from backcourt, but it was recommended for singles. I mostly play doubles and likes to do a quick swing fast drive or smash. Any recommendations anyone? Thanks!
    Go for the Tantrum 200/300. It is one of the best racquet I have tried so far and outstanding value for the price/performance.

  13. #5487
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone tried the titanium 10? It is the clone of the Ti-10.

  14. #5488
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Go for the Tantrum 200/300. It is one of the best racquet I have tried so far and outstanding value for the price/performance.
    Hi Teo
    Thanks for recommending Tantrum 200, am seriously considering it. I am looking to increase power of smash. Currently using Finnex Power Smash which has the same balance point, but T200 will be more stiff and heavier by 1-2g. Sounds like will increase smash power, though it won't increase head-heaviness. I read some reviewers say T200 doesn't help so much to power up a smash from the baseline. What is your experience of smashing with T200? Does it help generate power, or is that not its strong point?

  15. #5489
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by williamlim View Post
    Hi Teo
    Thanks for recommending Tantrum 200, am seriously considering it. I am looking to increase power of smash. Currently using Finnex Power Smash which has the same balance point, but T200 will be more stiff and heavier by 1-2g. Sounds like will increase smash power, though it won't increase head-heaviness. I read some reviewers say T200 doesn't help so much to power up a smash from the baseline. What is your experience of smashing with T200? Does it help generate power, or is that not its strong point?
    I think smash power comes from technique first. It is hard for me to say if the T200 will help in your case because I do not know your level of play. Generally, if you have good technique, a stiffer racquet will help but if you don't have the technique, then a more flexible racquet will be more forgiving.

    In my case, I find that the T200 has very decent power, in fact, the clears and punch from the racquet is one of the best I have experienced. What's good about the racquet is the stability and the "solid" feel.

    If you feel that you have reached the limit of the Finnex Power Smash, then maybe the APACS Lethal 100 or Slayer 99 is what you are looking for.

  16. #5490
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    I think smash power comes from technique first. It is hard for me to say if the T200 will help in your case because I do not know your level of play. Generally, if you have good technique, a stiffer racquet will help but if you don't have the technique, then a more flexible racquet will be more forgiving.

    In my case, I find that the T200 has very decent power, in fact, the clears and punch from the racquet is one of the best I have experienced. What's good about the racquet is the stability and the "solid" feel.

    If you feel that you have reached the limit of the Finnex Power Smash, then maybe the APACS Lethal 100 or Slayer 99 is what you are looking for.

    Thanks for your reply. I consider myself intermediate, playing almost only doubles. I find the Finnex Power Smash easy to maneuver so that I can do fast drives and taps at the net. I have been stringing at 23lbs. The last time I tried 24, I thought I lost a bit of power. I can easily kill a mid court shuttle so I think my technique is mostly ok. When smashing from the baseline, I use all my strength but I seldom result in a kill. So I have resorted to not smash unless the opponent is out of position. So I will either drop, half smash or clear. Because I am tall and fast at the net, I end up mostly playing up front. I envy those who can smash hard enough from the back to trouble opponents. So I reasoned that after a few years of playing with a more flex racket, perhaps I have enough arm strength now to use a stiff racket and perhaps that will impart power to my smash. I was impressed with reviews of Lethal 70 that less work is needed to hit powerfully from the back, though I won't want to reduce the speed of my racket at the net. So Tantrum 200 sounds it could increase some power for me at the back without slowing racket movements at the net. One review of Lethal 100 I read was it was too head heavy that more effort was needed for overhead clears. Slayer 99 seems more like T200. So in my situation what do you think would help improve my smash from the back while still allowing me to be fast at the net?

  17. #5491
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lethal and Slayer are supposedly more suitable for singles whereas Tantrum for doubles. However, I think it depends on your playing style. If you are the type that smashes from the baseline, there's no reason why you cannot use a head heavy and stiff racquet.

    What you are asking for is like the holy grail which everyone is searching for. The requirements for fast at the net and smashing bombs from baseline are almost diametrically opposite. There are all round racquets but normally they don't excel at anything though some come close to being the top in almost every single category (Adidas Duoforce is one such racquet).

    My suggestion is that you can consider getting a head heavy/stiff racquet in 4u specs so that it is still relatively fast at the net. I cannot think of an APAC racquet that fit that criteria but you can consider Yonex or Victor. For Yonex, look at the VTZF 2 (4u) and for Victor, you can consider both the Thruster K9000 (4u) or K6000 (4u). I have the K6000 (3u) and the power is very good with excellent repulsion (the shaft more flexy compare to K9000).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    : 04-14-2012, 03:08 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    : 07-18-2011, 10:38 AM
  3. Replies: 55
    : 10-21-2008, 10:52 AM
  4. Badminton Club (Should i stay/move on to another club)
    By !┐Clue?! in forum General Forum
    Replies: 8
    : 10-15-2008, 01:20 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    : 08-23-2006, 10:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •