User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ixory View Post
    u most welcome. i remembered when MAS won thomas cup in 1992 ,i still in primary school ,all my family member glue in front of television to watch the matched..we jump and scream so loud after MAS win that cup....
    i have see the pictures.thanks.in 1992,im just 2.U are so lucky to have the chance to understand the joy feeling that time.if only i was born earlier..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have knowledge on the history of badminton during the 1960s.. pictures of them are in my computer now but i dont have the time to get a link and post them now, maybe i will do it later.
    i know one of the MS/MD players around the 1960s (tan yee khan) and was lucky enough to be his "student". information on the badminton of malaysia during the 1960s, anyone interested? haha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C L BAO View Post
    i have knowledge on the history of badminton during the 1960s.. pictures of them are in my computer now but i dont have the time to get a link and post them now, maybe i will do it later.
    i know one of the MS/MD players around the 1960s (tan yee khan) and was lucky enough to be his "student". information on the badminton of malaysia during the 1960s, anyone interested? haha...
    everybody here are very very interested.. his students..? how he trained u guys..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha... Okay then. Well actually not "u guys". It is only my brother and I. He didnt exactly trained us because we live quite far apart and i only meet him during the holidays. He gave me lots of tips on badminton, well he is VERY different from any others who may give u a tip on badminton.
    As i know from him, during the 1960s, they were able to win constantly, not like now when they win sometimes and lose sometimes. He says this is due to their basics. If they had incredible basics (like footworks and arms and legs strength), they will be able to be great champions. He was the coach to misbun sidek and the others. *uhm, perhaps the remaining ones are best left unknown.* Im afraid it would spoil some peoples reputation in many ways.
    Im glad to have the luck in getting tips from him, maybe also very lucky that he likes me. my badminton skills have greatly improved after i met him early last year.

If anyone hopes that i continue talking about it, i might post a brief list of their accomplishments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C L BAO View Post
    Haha... Okay then. Well actually not "u guys". It is only my brother and I. He didnt exactly trained us because we live quite far apart and i only meet him during the holidays. He gave me lots of tips on badminton, well he is VERY different from any others who may give u a tip on badminton.
    As i know from him, during the 1960s, they were able to win constantly, not like now when they win sometimes and lose sometimes. He says this is due to their basics. If they had incredible basics (like footworks and arms and legs strength), they will be able to be great champions. He was the coach to misbun sidek and the others. *uhm, perhaps the remaining ones are best left unknown.* Im afraid it would spoil some peoples reputation in many ways.
    Im glad to have the luck in getting tips from him, maybe also very lucky that he likes me. my badminton skills have greatly improved after i met him early last year.

If anyone hopes that i continue talking about it, i might post a brief list of their accomplishments.
    muahaha.. indeed lucky ya.. jux tips..? no physical training or footwork train..? den misbun will be either ur senior or junior den.. wakak..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was 17 when we last lifted the thomas cup! this means that i am so old compared to TJL and Blessing!

i was watching the game alone at home but i could "hear and feel" the whole neighbourhood cause my neighbours and my neighbours's neighbour and my neighbours' neighbour's neighbour were screaming when CSK/SBK clinched the championship point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was ONE when we last grab hold of that cup. LOL...

Sort of a bit of physical training. but he didnt let us play. we were doing activities to increase our leg & arms power. it's important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha.. i'm d youngest~ eheh.. nono.. sumbody younger den me when mas last lift d thomas cup.. lolz..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i treasure the memories... 1992 ... family and friends who are here and who have left ... left with only memories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

muAHahaa.. Another history of MAS.. 2nd time in DIvision 1 of Sudirman CUp.. but failed to proceed to the semis.. sobz..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessing View Post
    haha.. when's d thomas cup again..? nx yr rite..?
    Yes! Jakarta 2008!
    I was 7 when we won TC. And i remember we watched with all my uncle, aunties, cousins, grandma..wow! Then one one my uncle suggested that instead of giving holiday to us, why don't the govt make Badminton Day where everyone must bring a badminton racket everywhere they go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen View Post
    Yes! Jakarta 2008!
    I was 7 when we won TC. And i remember we watched with all my uncle, aunties, cousins, grandma..wow! Then one one my uncle suggested that instead of giving holiday to us, why don't the govt make Badminton Day where everyone must bring a badminton racket everywhere they go
    lolz.. very paiseh la.. but that time goverment really gave 1 day holiday...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blessing View Post
    lolz.. very paiseh la.. but that time goverment really gave 1 day holiday...?
    Hmm.. that part, i don't remember. May be anyone else remembers? Did the govt give us holiday for winning the TC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were the days when the whole family would eat dinner early and then pack in front of the telly cheering each other's teams: my family were all rooting for Malaysia whenever the team plays, while my father, mother and I cheered for China, whereas my eldest brother, Indonesia.

My second brother couldn't care less unless it's his own country playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW... thanks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I liked the old pics. All so formal and nice. I love the Thomas Cup 1948 picture. Look like Mafia gang.. ahhaha.. scary.
    MY GOD! So old-fashioned and out-moded, LOL Especially players hair, i think during their time, guys dont prefer very short hair, very funny. NO pictures on female players...... probably cause more laughter, because during 80's the hairstyle is BULKY, MASSIVE & LARGE SIZE for its weight, no rebonding yet !!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast